Ibrox Atmosphere

I know this has been a topic of conversation for a number of years now, but seriously why the sudden decline in atmosphere?

Broomloan front is great, but then you look around the rest of the stadium and everyone's just sitting there dour faced as if they're at a funeral? No one sings anymore! Is it so hard to stand up and make a noise at Ibrox these days? You don't even have to sing a new song, just sing what the Union Bears & Blue order are singing! Or atleast the whole of broomloan front could participate! Makes it look weird, one part = absolutely bouncing, BF2 - Wee bit bouncing, BF3 & 4 - Everyone's sat there looking at BF1 like "That could be fun"

We used to have a noisey stadium! Bring the noise back to ibrox!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back the booze and the whole place will give it laldy. You can down south why not here....? Can't be because of violence or it would be banned down there as well...as the weekends fighting showed.

it's weird at ibrox, i've sat in a few different sections this season, bf3 was by far the best,

also been in the club deck and main stand, and it's a strange atmosphere, it's like people want to sing, but just feel weird to do it,

you want to sing and stand and shout yourself, but get the feeling that you'll just get funny looks and telt tae sit doon,

i seen a post the other day that seemed to sum it up, and that's that this season there's been more spectators than supporters at ibrox recently

You look at these wee teams in greece, or german teams, even some french teams etc - Even when they're getting pumped they still sing their f*cking hearts out to try and lift their team, no matter what the score is on the pitch - Just wish Ibrox would burst out into that kind of noise, no matter what!

genuinely I think 90% of the problem is all seating I think people feel awkward about standing up themselves when everyone is sitting. thats why at away games the atmosphere is better because the majority stand. if everyone was standing there would be no awkwardness about people thinking wether to stand and they can just sing. safe standing would improve the atmosphere immeasurably

See that's why I don't like that Rangers are putting in new bigger screens! Should get screens fitted to the roof of Ibrox that hang down alittle so you can see them from the stands!

Rip out the screens areas and have all standing sections!

Bring back the Terraces!

genuinely I think 90% of the problem is all seating I think people feel awkward about standing up themselves when everyone is sitting. thats why at away games the atmosphere is better because the majority stand. if everyone was standing there would be no awkwardness about people thinking wether to stand and they can just sing. safe standing would improve the atmosphere immeasurably

This this a thousand times this.

The noise there at Ibrox is amazing!

I remember that night....atmosphere was amazing but there was so much on the game, it was a night time kick off and it was a very exciting period for us....the thing is even at that time your bog standard Saturday game didn't have much atmosphere even then.....the ub have been superb and they deserve alot of credit but the reality is if there is not something in the game...

whether it be an old firm, title decider, euro qualifier or the odd midweek cup game it really requires the players to facilitate the atmosphere....we need the players to get the fans out their seats and that then would improve the whole feel to the game....at the moment (though not a new thing) many of our games are very pedestrian and often boring with very little creativity, flair or excitement....