Ibrox Atmosphere

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back the booze and the whole place will give it laldy. You can down south why not here....? Can't be because of violence or it would be banned down there as well...as the weekends fighting showed.

Bring back the booze and the whole place will give it laldy. You can down south why not here....? Can't be because of violence or it would be banned down there as well...as the weekends fighting showed.

Don't need the booze, just needs some passionate supporters, but agree as an Anglo can't get my head round why it's banned, dark age rules.

The atmosphere does my nut in. I tried all around the stadium and outside of the section it is brutal. Sitting there clapping along to Penny Arcade you look like you're all suffering dementia, stand up and sing ffs....The atmosphere was great the couple of times the rest joined in. It was a buzz took me back to the good ole days, so you've proved you can do it. Just put the effort in more often Ibrox could be fkn rock'n

There is very little chance of a natural good atmosphere when football is played at walking pace,or in many of our ga mes at less than walking pace.

The team should generate atmosphere not an artificial organised choir in one section who thankfully have generated an atmosphere when nothing on the park has engendered anything other than boredom so often.

the fact its division 3 means people are less excited bout goin to games and also league was over by january or start of february really. also i was at the game saturday past and first half especially there wasnt much to shout about

Clyde game there was an old boy along from me in the govan front decided we should all sing the bluebells,you know I wanted to join in but the weight of disapproval held me back. Still feel guilty!

good on that old boy!

you see there was probably hundreds just like you who wanted to join in but didnt

next time?

the fact its division 3 means people are less excited bout goin to games and also league was over by january or start of february really. also i was at the game saturday past and first half especially there wasnt much to shout about

Agreed

I know this has been a topic of conversation for a number of years now, but seriously why the sudden decline in atmosphere?

Broomloan front is great, but then you look around the rest of the stadium and everyone's just sitting there dour faced as if they're at a funeral? No one sings anymore! Is it so hard to stand up and make a noise at Ibrox these days? You don't even have to sing a new song, just sing what the Union Bears & Blue order are singing! Or atleast the whole of broomloan front could participate! Makes it look weird, one part = absolutely bouncing, BF2 - Wee bit bouncing, BF3 & 4 - Everyone's sat there looking at BF1 like "That could be fun"

We used to have a noisey stadium! Bring the noise back to ibrox!

Whilst I dont 'do the bouncy (medical reasons) I sing along with the songs (the ones I know the words to anyway). in BF3 and happily hurl abuse at the referee as necessary.

I know people will blame the style of football but that's bullshit. Atmosphere has been shite for years apart from the big games.

This.

Atmosphere has always been shit apart from the tims, sheep and European matches.

I do believe songs being banned and the fear of arrest have paralysed a lot of fans vocal chords though.

Either move UB to another stand, or move the family section to another stand, I think this is on of the main reasons behind the shit atmosphere, Ive sat in family section a good few times, you can hear UB/TBO very loud yet all the mums and people with kids, and those I would call the "posh cunts" just sit there, and god forbid if you start singing because they all turn and look like your some nutter.

And also, enforce the family section as a rule, if parents want to bring kids they should have to sit in the family section, because half the time people dont want you singing, or standing or shouting because theres too many kids about.

To anyone that's said "People don't want to sing because we're in a lower league"

- Those are very unpassionate supporters, if you look at some football teams in the world: The worst looking stadium, fenced in behind some sort of cage, and their teams out there getting destroyed, but they still sing like mad right until the 90th minute and after it on their way home... Now that's showing your support.

And I completely agree; The head of security at Ibrox pissed me off when they said it'd be too dangerous to allow the Union Bears & Blue order the full front of a stand; What's dangers about singing, bouncing about & supporting your team? Should give them the front of a stand to themselves, move those people with kids into the family stand.

The reason no one sings is because people are scared you might sing something which lands you in the jail and the fact focus are standing filming your every move puts a lot of people of as well.

The reason no one sings is because people are scared you might sing something which lands you in the jail and the fact focus are standing filming your every move puts a lot of people of as well.

It's not just singing during the match anymore though; People don't even attempt to sing along with Penny Arcade or Simply the Best; just sit there and clap.

If the manager and the team could give us something to get excited about then we would sing more.

We need an extention to the singing section and it needs to be in a more prominent position.

If the manager and the team could give us something to get excited about then we would sing more.

And maybe the opposite is also true. The more atmosphere the fans create the better the buzz and lift for the team the better the performance.

mon bears get the fk on with your role at the game, We are supposed to be supporters not just spectators.

genuinely I think 90% of the problem is all seating I think people feel awkward about standing up themselves when everyone is sitting. thats why at away games the atmosphere is better because the majority stand. if everyone was standing there would be no awkwardness about people thinking wether to stand and they can just sing. safe standing would improve the atmosphere immeasurably

Was just going to say this.

I think it's a natural thing to feel more involved with the game when you're standing although I still think the fact we are expecting to win easily every week means there is no adrenaline rush. The reason that Old Firm atmospheres and nights like Dynamo Kiev were so good is because there was a real threat there ... we are a big club so it's genuinely difficult for us to get excited about playing the likes of Peterhead :anguish:

People saying the atmosphere would be better if we played decent football are talking out of their arse.

In recent years we've destroyed teams playing great football and the atmosphere's been dire.

ICT 5-0, Motherwell 6-0 & 6-1, Dundee Hibs 5-1 and Hamilton 7-1 being examples.