Falkirk call on SFA to intervene in Reconstruction Talks

This 12-12-18 proposal may not be over yet!

Martin Ritchie feels that Scottish FA assistance may be needed to help bring about change

Falkirk chairman Martin Ritchie has said that the Scottish Football Association may have to take control of the league reconstruction agenda.

The Scottish Premier League failed to gain the required votes to approve a raft of proposals to transform the league game, resulting in uncertainty and acrimony.

Falkirk are among the First Division clubs who would have been financial beneficiaries if the plans had been approved and Ritchie said he felt an opportunity had been missed.

“I am concerned that there will never be a proposal that can gain approval of 11 SPL clubs and 23 SFL clubs,” Ritchie said in a statement on the club’s official website.

“It looks like a stalemate where the game will stagnate in its current form until someone breaks the deadlock.”

The chairman suggested that neither the SPL or the Scottish Football League was capable of leading reform and called for the Scottish FA to intervene.

“Perhaps it is already time for the SFA, as the governing body for football in Scotland, to step in and take control.”

STV understands that for the Scottish FA to take control of the process, both the SFL and SPL would need to approach the governing body and agree to suspend their own rules.

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster indicated after Monday's vote that the league would not be asking the Scottish FA for assistance.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck Falkirk.

For the SFA to step in and make shit happen, and the leagues agree to suspend their own fucking rules....then it flies in the face of sporting integrity.

Would there not have to be a vote to suspend the rules?

It is like watching a bunch of ravenous rhats fighting over a dead and smelly corpse. But of course its ALL FOR THE BETTERMENT OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL as a whole.

Hypocrits, Liars, Bheggars, and Thieves. WHY WONT ANYONE SHOW SOME INTEGRITY!?... :7325::7326::ulster::nosfa:

The SPL wont approach the SFA as the SFA are duty bound to deliver what CAN be agreed for the benefit of all member clubs.

As i understand it the SFA would establish league structure, league body, rule book, voting principles etc

Here is the rub though. They would also appoint the members of the new board, likely choosing reps from both bodies so Dungshover, Putrid, The Adulterer and Baldy Milne might not get there places back. Indeed only Liewell and prob one other wld be assured.

Yes, Regan is a tosser but all this would be decided by an INDEPENDENT committee e.g the think tank.

So based on what it delivered before the SPL cabal will be torn to shreds.

No chance will they open their doors to a binding independent committee decision that they can't control

all these clubs should be looking at ways to bring more fans to their games, rather than begging for scraps from the SFA.

the self interest shown from them is disgusting.

it's got nothing to do with the survival of Scottish football but instead about lining the pockets of the shareholders and chairman of these insignificant little teams.

i can't wait to pass them on the way up,with a smile on my face.

It pains me to say this but some folk on here need a reality check. We are the best supported team in Scotland. However without a strong platform to play on our game suffers aswell as our competitors, just as it has for the last few decades.

Talent takes time and a platform for it to flourish. We need home talent from Scottish soil, the only way we will get this is with a strong league platform where professional footballers are given competitive matches on a weekly basis. We need the teams currently above us just as they need our cash resource. To think otherwise in my opinion is being blinkered to the truth.

I no us bears feel we have been poorly treated by the SPL , SFA but without change we face many years of mediocre football at best.

I applaud the no votes to the proposed reconstruction option, however I think there will need to be some form of compromise and massive change for the product we have at the moment, to improve to a point were the product is something that SKY etc are prepared to bankroll.

@JamesBond

Obviously we need change, but not the 12-12-18 plan that was put forward by the SPL. That was just absolutely ridiculous and done nothing but benefit the SPL & Division 1 Clubs, we need a system that channels a fair financial income all the way from the top of Scottish football to the very bottom, we need competition true, but we aren't going to have homegrown talent unless the clubs at the bottom of Scottish football have money to grow their own players aswell as Scottish players in the upper Divisions, some of the talent I've seen from the players in SFL3 this season has been pretty good, and to be honest - I'd even say a number of them could do a job for Rangers. But no one would ever pay attention to Divisions 2 & 3 if Rangers wasn't in them/about to be promoted.

Fuck Falkirk.

For the SFA to step in and make shit happen, and the leagues agree to suspend their own fucking rules....then it flies in the face of sporting integrity.

Would there not have to be a vote to suspend the rules?

Yep - 11 to 1 majority required! :D

Any port in a storm! Asking the SFA to intervene is like asking an arsonist to put out a fire in your house. Given Regan's behaviour last July, why would Falkirk think that things would be any different. Regan is only slightly less inept and incompetent than Doncaster.