Scottish FA Board statement on league reconstruction

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see anything wrong with that statement.

They are basically saying that they are willing to step in, and do away with the rules (11-1 voting rule) to allow reconstruction to go ahead.

Why should the rules be broken? I did not see htem stepping in last year to nullify a vote which was hugely detrimental to the game!

I just saw that on Reporting Scotland, If the SPL and SFL approach the SFA they will mediate a solution to reconstruction.

My first thought was that slitty eyed bhastard has ordered Rhegan to put out that statement.

The next statement will be Dhungcaster pleading for help to the SFA to save our game, then the first division trying to put pressure on Longmuir to do the same.

Keep your powder dry Bears Tojo will do anything to destroy us.

This is hardly a surprise move. Clearly the SFA is inviting the 2 bodies to invite them in, knowing it will happen.

That whooshing sound was sporting integrity going right out the window.

They even have the cheek to talk about mutual respect. That statement reads like "The SPL got an unexpected knockback by 2 upstart clubs, so we are being invited to step in and give them what they want."

I didn't think they were capable of respecting the vote they organised and it'll be interesting to see what RC and SM think of this outrageous move.

I hope they appeal to FIFA.

They are basically saying that they are willing to step in, and do away with the rules (11-1 voting rule) to allow reconstruction to go ahead.

Why should the rules be broken? I did not see htem stepping in last year to nullify a vote which was hugely detrimental to the game!

They said they will only step in if both the spl and sfl clubs ask them too.

so they are saying they cant get involved but they are anyway. also i thought there was no plan B. this has liewell all over it cant take a fair vote or a beating on the pitch.

“The Scottish FA’s rules – and the respective rule books of the league bodies – do not allow for the governing body, or any external body, to ‘take control’ of a separate company in possession of commercial contracts worth millions of pounds.

depends how you read it. Seems to me they clearly say the fans wishes cannot continue to be ignored ie 12 12 18. that only the 5 points should be agreed on nothing about how the leagues should be set up, other than a pyramid set up with play offs.

They said they will only step in if both the spl and sfl clubs ask them too.

Yes, but not all of the SPL and SFL clubs. They are obviously willing to allow this change to happen, even if 2 of the SPL clubs have rejected the it. This would break the rules.

I am thinking they will probably say they will push through the changes on the basis of a majority vote. This is not allowed under the rules.

I think these 2 paragraph,s say it all

“The Scottish FA’s rules – and the respective rule books of the league bodies – do not allow for the governing body, or any external body, to ‘take control’ of a separate company in possession of commercial contracts worth millions of pounds.

“However, if it is truly is the will of the clubs, the Scottish FA is prepared to get involved and act in the best interests of the national game. This will require a mandate to the Scottish FA from both the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League, so that positive changes to improve Scottish football’s future can be proposed without the threat of legal recourse or judicial review.

" This will require a mandate to the Scottish FA from both the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League, so that positive changes to improve Scottish football’s future can be proposed without the threat of legal recourse or judicial review."

The content of this sentence is surely very sinister. They want the clubs to give them carte blanche with no recourse to legal appeal. The last time the SFA tried this was in the 5-way agreement draft , where they tried to get Rangers to accept title stripping with no recourse to a legal appeal. This has Liewell and his gang's modus operandi all over it. Especially since we don't have a vote on any decision at any stage. This allows them to alter TV contracts, league structures, voting rights, laws within the game and anything else they want to with complete impunity. Who would agree to such suicide by proxy?

The vote was an absolute shambles.

What is needed is clear, calm, balanced, assertive but fair leadership.

So who the fuck sent for Regan?

Who else, but his erse bandit friend Liewell.

There was neither need nor request for the SFA to make such a statement as neither the SPL or SFL have formally requested SFA intervention, which if BOTH do so they can intervene, but also means the suspension of both Leagues rule books.

This was most certainly Liewell inspired applying pressure on Rhegan to issue an unprecedented and unprofessional statement.

Liewell is a cowardly cunt of the most henious, working in the shadows and sacrificing all that is around him for his agenda. Are we surprised? NO, as he is one of THEM after all!

No doubt the sheep at the SPL will capitulate, bowing to Liewell's bidding. They will still need to vote for it, but I think Gilmour is showing signs that he would welcome SFA intervention. Longmuir holds the key to prevent this, so he must grow a serious pair and stand firm, otherwise scum fc will in effect run Scottish football to their agenda for the foreseeable future and we cannot let this happen. The civil war maybe just about to start.

Basically handing over the complete reigns to Liewell, with absolute power

This is very bad for us and must be opposed

What is the point of meetings and votes, if when the verdict is not to your liking you can just change it anyway!!!

I'm not overly impressed with the Tory/lib dem govt, can we not just change it so some else wins!!

What a fucking pile of corrupt SHITE

Uefa must have a look at this carve up

They wll tweak one or two small things, call it a totally different proposal and then declare that for the good of the game they are ignoring the rules and presenting a fait accompli, without the need for any more votes.

Yet again the ruling bodies are making it up as they go along and cheating the fans.

Weren't we told they regretfully had to follow the rules when it came to punishing us ? There was no alternative.

Seems there is now.

We need to find a way to retaliate if this goes ahead.

So over the last 12 months they have pissed about with micky mouse votes only to hold more micky mouse meetings months later.

Doncaster told us all they were all going to vote it through from the SPL. That didn't happen, now the SFA are getting involved which i'm sure they said they wouldn't / couldn't do in the 1st place?

Who was it that came out with all this sporting integrity pish anyway? Because ever since Rangers got voted out the SPL sporting integrity seems to have got voted out aswell.