Charles Green set to block Kenny Miller

Guest Andypendek

Both are in the right, kinda - Miller would be a decent acquisition, but only at the right cost in wages (ie next to nothing).

Quite a depressing start to the day because this looks a lot like Ally or someone on the coaching staff leaking to the papers and briefing against Green. That's how it's going to be, is it? I was saying to someone a while back I thought it'd take us about a decade to get back to challenging for top league titles (I was pished) but if it's going to be infighting and flinging money away, you can add another two or three years onto that.

Starting to look like a huge missed opportunity for Rangers. What a shame that is.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are in the right, kinda - Miller would be a decent acquisition, but only at the right cost in wages (ie next to nothing).

Quite a depressing start to the day because this looks a lot like Ally or someone on the coaching staff leaking to the papers and briefing against Green. That's how it's going to be, is it? I was saying to someone a while back I thought it'd take us about a decade to get back to challenging for top league titles (I was pished) but if it's going to be infighting and flinging money away, you can add another two or three years onto that.

Starting to look like a huge missed opportunity for Rangers. What a shame that is.

Perhaps a close friend of the manager is doing this as in someone who has a track record in selling to papers.

IF this is true, then green is only sticking to the plan he outlined to the fans, that is, looking towards youth and keeping wages at a reasonable level. We do not need daly or miller to compete in sfl2, particularly of they earn 4grand a week. We should look to further develop little, Naismith, hemmings or look for younger talent that can provide a service then be sold on at a profit. Yes, experience is important but we already have plenty of experience and if we bring in guys at 23 or 24, then surely they would have 2,3 or 4 years experience at that age

Spot on Oz.................Ally has known from day 1 that CG has said they will look to augment homegrown talent with a number of guys in their early/mid 20s that have experience and can further this with the club and have a very good sell on value.

That articles been written in a manner that would suggest we'll all be fighting Allys corner because Oor Charlie wont break the bank for Kenny Miller. Good. If take him back, but Kenny Miller left us because it was his last big payday, and he wanted the security. Well hes had his paydays, like i said id take him, certainly before Boyd, but not on big bucks.

The article could be re-written..."Kenny Millers greed set to scupper return to Ibrox..."

I dont believe anyone within the club leaked this bullshit story. Its just yet another in a long line of mischief and shit stirring stories.

No quotes just bluff and bluster!!

Lets try a little patience, and see who we ACTUALLY DO SIGN. WHEN WE CAN SIGN PLAYERS.

Not Green's biggest fan but I totally agree with him here. However, the scouting is crucial for this strategy and Ally needs support to find the rare diamond that is out there. It also has to be said that coaching is vital too in order that these said players develop into good un's.

This is where I have my doubts with Ally. His mentor Walter Smith was hardly known for developing youth so he can't have learned much about that!

Walter developed Charlie Miller from a promising youngster to a hapless drunk. :sherlock:

If this is the case then Charles Green is 100% correct. In order to run the club as an efficient business we can't throw money down the drain by providing a retirement package for has been players.

We need to sign younger players on lower wages with a potential sell on value, it's very simple

The coaching team are concerned that the planned increase in wage budget wont happen

How much do they want to fucking spend to beat part timers, come on to fuck rangers

The more comments from ally (albeit this isn't necessarily from him) bleating on about needing 10 new players, more quality and bigger budgets as well as making excuses for our performances and using the situation with green to court sympathy the more I lose respect for him.....

We need to realise where we are and where we want to get to....we already have the 2nd biggest budget in the country whilst playing part time football....we need to stop thinking short term and work on our style of play whilst bringing through younger players with potential sell on value....

If this is the case then Charles Green is 100% correct. In order to run the club as an efficient business we can't throw money down the drain by providing a retirement package for has been players.

We need to sign younger players on lower wages with a potential sell on value, it's very simple

Yep, can't argue with that (tu)

I never really seen the big thing about Miller in the first place,he had bags of pace but outside that he had no proper first touch and had little skill, rather than paying a few grand a week on him we would be better buying a first division striker who will score the same if not more goals and cost a fraction of the wages.

If Miller comes fair enough but I can see why CG doesn't want him Alli has to realise that the days of pissing money in the wind at Ibrox are gone and he needs to get value for money with his transfer dealing which in a way for Alli it's prob better his best mate Murray is away from the scouting as he would have got Alli the sack.