A Huge Thank You To Charles Green

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope that some of Charles's fighting spirit is carried along by the rest of the board. I know Walter is steeped in David Murrays legacy of silence (not even dignified just cowardly) but perhaps hes seen Charles bulldog attitude and he and the others will try to take the fight to our enemys now and then. A bit optimistic perhaps but im trying to look positively right now.

A very big Thank You to Charles Green, you saved my Club. You stood up for us against all the odds, put your money where you is and frightened quite a few of our enemies. I echo many of my fellow bears appreciation of you, you will always be welcomed back.

Whatever the reasons for his decision to step down as CEO I like many others are very grateful to Charles Green for the twin facts we still have Rangers FC and we still have Ibrox.

We are Rangers, we are bigger than any one personality, we need to get on with the job CG and Ally McC started, and get this Club back to where we belong, in a manner fitting with our values and history.

I look forward to a new CEO and a continuation of prudent financial governance and positive steps forward on the pitch. Hopefully with the third Division title in the bag, and all the problems we faced gathering some sort of squad together for this season now history, we will enter Division 2 with a unified support as passionate as ever, and a team motivated and suitably equipped to deliver footballing success on the pitch.

Whatever his detractors might say whether they be within our fold or external to Rangers, without CG I very much doubt any of this would be possible. Tonight I will raise a glass to the man from Yorkshire, wish him all the best, and that his association with Rangers will continue in a positive manner for many years to come.

Thank you Charles for rescuing our club from the brink of extinction and thank you for speaking out against the evils of Scottish Football namely Celtic, SPL and SFA, thank you for your tireless days of fighting for Rangers and for your work meeting supporters all over the world. Take a bow Charles :praise:

Wish I could rep this more (tu)

There'll come a day in the future when we look back and say "If only we had a Charlie Green standing up for us........

To those who wanted him out, you should be careful what you wish for.

That's what I think.

CG was a breath of fresh air. Not only coming in our hour of need but the amount of work he's done in under a year. In all my time I've never known anyone to meet the fans all over the world, listen to them,fight for them and have a genuine feel for them.

Biggest compliment I can give him is whoever is next will have one hell of an act to follow.

Thanks Charlie.

A massive thank you to our Yorkshire Terrier who came in and saved our club.

Not only that he is outspoken and ruffled alot of feathers along the way

this club had a voice again and a man who took no crap. (jock wallace would have been proud !)

Gutted by this news but proud that we had charles in our corner

to fight for Rangers tooth and nail.

His Interviews were first class and hard hitting and was great to see

that he enjoyed his time at our club and his enthusiasm when he realised

how big a club he was involved at .

Loved the guy and wish him all the best :cgreen:

I had a horrible feeling this would be the outcome when he made 'those comments'. I appreciate that this is not what may have led to him leaving, but the result is the same, and my worst fears are now realised.

Am truly gutted. His actions over the last few days will never darken the admiration, respect & appreciation I have for him. He has stood up for the club & it's fans more in under 1 year than others did in a whole generation. He put real steel into the club at a time of utmost need. And for that, Charles, you will always have my gratitude! (tu) I just hope that you hang onto your shares & continue to be a part of Rangers!

The following is from the London Stock Exchange today

About Rangers Football Club

Rangers Football Club, formed in Scotland in 1872, is one of the world's most successful clubs, having won 54 League titles, 33 Scottish Cups, 27 League Cups and the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1972. The Club's loyal and sizeable supporter base, both in Scotland and around the world, enables the Club to boast one of the highest percentages of season ticket holders in the UK, with over 38,000 having been sold for the current season. Playing at the 51,082 seater Ibrox Stadium and benefitting from the world class 37 acre Murray Park training facility, the Club has been a dominant force in Scottish football for decades. This world class stadium, training infrastructure and a loyal and passionate global fanbase provide an excellent foundation for the Rangers Group.

Currently the Club is competing in Division 3 of the SFL, though it is the intention of the Directors and the manager for the Club to return to top level football as soon as possible. The history, facilities and ambition of the Club are such that the Club remains a desirable destination for foreign and domestic players alike. The first team squad is managed by Ally McCoist, the former Rangers forward, who remains the Club's all-time leading goal scorer.

We should all thank CG for protecting this history from those who tried to bury it - THEN, NOW, FOREVER!

PS Admin, I don't see this anywhere else on the site so why block previous thread?

Thankyou for the assistance we required in our time of need Charles Green.

With a 8 percent holding of the club, we love, you wont be going anywhere soon, but we thankyou for youre stewardship youre contribution has been very much apreciated.

As things stand we are in a hell of alot better position than we are in early June 2012 for this I offer my eternal thanks.

Youre reteric has been sometimes good , sometime funny and sometimes plain wrong but I thank you for youre contribution to this great club in our hour of need

JB

"Jobs for the boys" must be the most over used phrase on here. Folk seem to throw it into every scenario.

head in the sand is the most overused :P

If you didnt have your head in the sand, you would have known this.