A Huge Thank You To Charles Green

Thank you Charles for rescuing our club from the brink of extinction and thank you for speaking out against the evils of Scottish Football namely Celtic, SPL and SFA, thank you for your tireless days of fighting for Rangers and for your work meeting supporters all over the world. Take a bow Charles :praise:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He replaced the ineptitude of so-called dignified silence with fearless outspokenness, and while a more delicate balance could have been achieved it was nonetheless refreshing. I hope that whoever fills his shoes will be prepared for the position, and relish the role as much as he did.

Meh.

Still think there's more to come out about his relationship with Whyte.

I find this odd. At the end of the day, he's done a tremendous job, I don't think many can deny that. If it was at the behest of Whyte, I don't know how I'd feel about that. What I know though is that I'd still appreciate what a good job he's done

Meh.

Maybe so, but he's gone now, so many have got their way.

Cheers Chuckie, what you did for us all won't be forgotten.

Hear Hear, devastated by this news I have to say. He has been the first guy in power to speak up for the club in public in my memory

The man may move on now and in to the mists of memory but his Legacy will rumble through the centuries as the man who saved the world's most successful club. For that his name will live on longer than any other figure in Scottish Football. Yes, he was that important though we may not realise it now sadly as many of the less positive commentators have demonstrated

Tonight I shall open a bottle of Canadian Club, sip wistfully and fondly gather my thoughts and memories of the Yorkshireman who for a while united the Rangers support and took us on our first foal-like steps on what will be a glorious journey back to the top

So its a huge thanks and a fond 'sithee' from me Mr Green, best of luck for the future

You kept the Rangers heart beating.

You stood up for what you believed in.

You could see right from wrong.

You weren't afraid to be outspoken.

You were the antithesis of Mr Bain.

You challenged the powers that be.

You fought our corner when others tried to destroy us.

You were the charismatic figurehead we were sorely lacking.

You put your money where your mouth was, unlike TBK.

You had set your sights on taking the club forward, be it in England or a European league.

You never had a dull moment; everyone whether rightly or wrongly, wanted to hear the words of Charles Green.

You scoured the globe, visiting a multitude of supporter clubs, shaking the hands of the ordinary man.

You got our new sponsorship deals.

YOU WERE THERE IN OUR DARKEST HOUR - THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR.

All the very best for whatever you do with the rest of your life, Charles Green.

Thank you Charles, for saving my club and trying to fight the haters. Your statement about bigotry in Scotland has proved true.

Rangers owe you a huge debt and I hope, when the club cannot be hit with more corrupt punishment, you tell all and sundry what you actually had to face.

Again, thank you.

Meh.

Maybe maybe not but we can thank him for his sterling job whilst not getting dragged into that right now, i shudder to imagine where we would be if tbk or some other 'real Rangers bla bla bla' had took over.

He did save the club, what ever his reasons were for doing so, and for that I'll always be grateful, but I'm not disappointed he's gone either.

Had the impression he's been hiding something for a while now and with him walking away shortly after an investigation had been launched and these revelations about him and Whyte appear it wouldn't surprise me if a shit-storm appears soon.