We are Rangers in name and history only

As the title says...............

i turned 31 this year, so i can safely say that before last summer aside i have had an amazing run as a rangers fan, since 1982 we pretty much dominated scottish football especially in the first decade of Murray.

I know some might say guys like me are spoiled as fans, we had never seen the dark times like the older bears when the club were finishing 5th in the first division etc, when the club stumbled along barely winning, and they could very well have a point

9iar, euro final, ecks final day dramas, walters return, numerous cups, finals, euro runs and the player, my god the players we had at the club over the years, the laudrups, the gazza's to guys like numan, albertz, prso,

we signed champions league winners, world cup winners, international stars, my god it was good

But the shit hit the fan, and god knows if we will ever recover properly, this season has been an utter embarrassment, forget us winning the league, for what we have spent this season it is almost shameful that for over 33% of our league games this season we havent won, and god knows how fucking rotten we have been in the 66% of games we have won

Yes i know we have went through administration, the embargo and league licence nonsense meant we only had a short period to bring in players, but watching that today, and numerous other days, we are a shell of the club we used to be, aside from name and history, nothing out there is the rangers we all know and remember

No passion, no intelligence, no fight, no desire to go the extra mile, no willingness to put your body in where it got hurt, remember richard goughs bandaged head at ibrox after the CSKA Moscow game, or big dado scoring with his head against celtic when bandaged up and stitches still in it, could you ever imagine one of this current crop of players even considering that let alone going through with it

Charles Green has gone, good or bad it makes no difference now, we have ANOTHER chance to start again, wipe the slate clean, and i mean completely, management team, big money players, coaches, youth coaches (if they arent up to the job) everything linked to the players that go out onto the park.

Many on here have said this is how its going to be until we are in the SPL, im sorry but another 2 years of shite like this season at a minimum, and remember the first division isnt a pisstake like this one was, will be too much to bare for a lot of people, especially the ones that are on the breadline financially

I had high hopes of a new beginning, a new dawn for our club last summer, but the last 8 months have scunnered me to the point where my love for the club comes from the glorious past, because if we keep on this path the glorious future is a fucking pipe dream

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how people expected the next couple of years to be fine and dandy.

The title is also wrong as Rangers are the fans! We are still here, the same, loyalty, passion, the lot!

Doesn't matter what happens on the park because Rangers will always be Rangers because of us!

Well said, mate.

Green was right to say this is the worst ever Rangers team - and McCoist's touchy response suggests guilt more than hurt pride.

We need to get people involved (Gough, Laudrup, Christ even John Brown) who would run through brick walls for the club - and make these imposters see how unacceptable this shite is.

Look at the Falkirk youngsters in the first half against Hibs - that is what is possible.

IF the attitude is right

IF the coaching is right

IF the ball is played on the deck

IF the manager knows what he's doing

As the title says...............

i turned 31 this year, so i can safely say that before last summer aside i have had an amazing run as a rangers fan, since 1982 we pretty much dominated scottish football especially in the first decade of Murray.

I know some might say guys like me are spoiled as fans, we had never seen the dark times like the older bears when the club were finishing 5th in the first division etc, when the club stumbled along barely winning, and they could very well have a point

9iar, euro final, ecks final day dramas, walters return, numerous cups, finals, euro runs and the player, my god the players we had at the club over the years, the laudrups, the gazza's to guys like numan, albertz, prso,

we signed champions league winners, world cup winners, international stars, my god it was good

But the shit hit the fan, and god knows if we will ever recover properly, this season has been an utter embarrassment, forget us winning the league, for what we have spent this season it is almost shameful that for over 33% of our league games this season we havent won, and god knows how fucking rotten we have been in the 66% of games we have won

Yes i know we have went through administration, the embargo and league licence nonsense meant we only had a short period to bring in players, but watching that today, and numerous other days, we are a shell of the club we used to be, aside from name and history, nothing out there is the rangers we all know and remember

No passion, no intelligence, no fight, no desire to go the extra mile, no willingness to put your body in where it got hurt, remember richard goughs bandaged head at ibrox after the CSKA Moscow game, or big dado scoring with his head against celtic when bandaged up and stitches still in it, could you ever imagine one of this current crop of players even considering that let alone going through with it

Charles Green has gone, good or bad it makes no difference now, we have ANOTHER chance to start again, wipe the slate clean, and i mean completely, management team, big money players, coaches, youth coaches (if they arent up to the job) everything linked to the players that go out onto the park.

Many on here have said this is how its going to be until we are in the SPL, im sorry but another 2 years of shite like this season at a minimum, and remember the first division isnt a pisstake like this one was, will be too much to bare for a lot of people, especially the ones that are on the breadline financially

I had high hopes of a new beginning, a new dawn for our club last summer, but the last 8 months have scunnered me to the point where my love for the club comes from the glorious past, because if we keep on this path the glorious future is a fucking pipe dream

31? Fuck I thought you were older.

Cant argue with your post though.

In the early 80's when john Greig became manager, we were pretty shit as well. Although Greig was another playing 'legend', he was never really manager material. Plus, he was hampered by not being able to buy decent players due to ground re-building.

All these excuses may be valid, but Greig had to go in the end as he wasn't up to the job.

Is Ally in the same bracket? It's looking a bit like it!

Doesn't matter what happens on the park because Rangers will always be Rangers because of us!

of course it matters whats on the park, when ibrox was less than half full in the dark days it was because of what was on the park, the fans never started rangers

the fact is nothing at the club now is what rangers have been all about for most of us that still follow the club

after this season mate i feel about 60

I'm near 60 but feel fn 90 after todays shambles. Played off the park, and not for the first time this season. I'm actually getting sick of applauding these "diddy teams" off the park after getting out-fought, out-passed and out-played by them.

I don't think that anybody thought this season would go without incident. It would have been more difficult to NOT win this league with the players available to us, though, and the fact that we decided against building the kind of foundations that would have seen us playing good football and attacking teams with short, quick passing is perhaps the most disappointing thing.

Well said. This is one of the biggest football clubs in world football and we are getting shafted from all angles. The current situation might take a lot longer to fix than people think. We need a total clear out top to bottom. McCoist and his staff simply have to step aside or the damage will be beyond repair

Jesus, the reaction of some people is ridiculous. Has it been good enough, no. Is it time to start panicking and making irrational and crazy statements like the op? NO!

We are still rangers, This is the level we are at right now, we've already won the league, what's the big deal? What did you expect from division 3? have you never seen the game before at this level? They don't play like Barcelona down this league!

We've had the most horrendous summer in our history last year and I'm just happy we are playing at football at all, so fuck anyone who isn't happy and says they don't want to watch this team, I'll still back us through anything, through good football or bad football, I'm just grateful our club is still in existence and i'll be even happier once the soap opera off the pitch stops so we can focus on getting it right on the pitch. Has it been as good as we wanted, course not, but it will get better!

WATP and get behind the team.

I don't think that anybody thought this season would go without incident. It would have been more difficult to NOT win this league with the players available to us, though, and the fact that we decided against building the kind of foundations that would have seen us playing good football and attacking teams with short, quick passing is perhaps the most disappointing thing.

I noticed on a few occasions today that when we tried to make some easy passes, the receiving player just stood there, instead of going to the ball. Basic stuff being ignored by pure laziness, imo.

Must try harder!

Can't argue with that.

The amount of missed opportunities both in the club and on the pitch is baffling, we've been crying out for an overhaul and it hasn't happened and i find it hard to see it happening.

It's hard to see where we go from here, it's grim.

We had the chance with Le Guen, but we lost it when everyone backed Ferguson and the boys over the manager, not wanting their ways of lives changed from the usual.

We also had another chance going into Division 3, to really go ahead and play some decent football, maybe lose the odd game here or there, but as long as we saw progress, short sharp, passing, intelligent football.

I've seen better football watching Dorset v Weymouth in the non-league football of England, it's that bad right now.

we were told that 8 months ago

It has, we are playing football, we have a league title and our history is intact plus we are debt free. We've started rebuilding a team that was ripped to shreds when certain players abandoned us. We have also shown integrity by paying our footballing debts. I'd call that major progress in 8 months?

why cant the team get behind the fans for once, don't we deserve more from the players, 5 grand a week to get dominated by a fucking 8 quid an hour postie is an utter embarrassment

Team get behind the fans? that doesn't make much sense? You don't think the players appreciate the fans? I'd argue all day long they do. You want players to play better, I understand that, but chill out. Maybe you should be supporting the team through thick and thin, through good or bad? So your love of the team comes from the past? Away you go!

I love rangers no matter how bad it is. It was only 8 months ago we didn't know if this team would exist and we've gone on and won the league easily. If you want to greet about bad performances already you do that, but don't dare call yourself a fan if your stating you wont stick through the bad times.

Team get behind the fans? that doesn't make much sense? You don't think the players appreciate the fans? I'd argue all day long they do. You want players to play better, I understand that, but chill out. Maybe you should be supporting the team through thick and thin, through good or bad? So your love of the team comes from the past? Away you go!

I love rangers no matter how bad it is. It was only 8 months ago we didn't know if this team would exist and we've gone on and won the league easily. If you want to greet about bad performances already you do that, but don't dare call yourself a fan if your stating you wont stick through the bad times.

Some of the players do not give a fluck about our fans. They still get paid no matter how bad they are playing.

Some of the players do not give a fluck about our fans. They still get paid no matter how bad they are playing.

Exactly, they will be showing off new trainers, and a dominoes pizza on twitter tonight as well.

The state we are in is very sad.

We were discussing at the game great moments of the past 10 years, that really seem like a lifetime ago, a dream even.

The football on display today was woeful, bar the 10-15 minutes of decent play that soon disappeared.