RM Sponsors - what shall we do with this framed Darren Cole shirt?

govanblue

Dear RM Sponsors’ Fund Members,

Now that we’ve received the Darren Cole Framed Home Shirt (and unframed Away Shirt) (see photos in post below) we need to decide what do do with them.

Please have a think about it and add your thoughts here, or maybe add your support for someone else’s suggestion.

Once we’ve had a bit of discussion, I will shortlist the suggestions and we will have a poll amongst the Fund members. This is not the vote thread, this is just the discussion thread.

Personally, I want to use the shirts to raise as much money as possible, for next season’s fund, so I don’t really want to just give it away for nothing. But if most of you do want to do that, that’s what we’ll do.

Here are some of the suggestions received so far…

1. Make it the Star Prize in our upcoming Sponsors’ fundraising raffle 2013/2014 (launching in a week or two) – this raffle will be open to all RM members
  2. Raffle it separately to existing fund members only
  3. Auction it on RM – anyone can bid
  4. Auction it on RM – only the 104 existing fund members can bid
  5. Give it to the fund member who buys the most raffle tickets in the upcoming raffle
  6. Have a free draw amongst the 104 fund members
  7. Hang it above govanblue’s fireplace (only kidding!)

So please either show your support for one of those ideas, or come up with a better one.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Make it the Star Prize in our upcoming Sponsors’ fundraising raffle 2013/2014 (launching in a week or two) – this raffle will be open to all RM members
  2. Raffle it separately to existing fund members only
  3. Auction it on RM – anyone can bid
  4. Auction it on RM – only the 104 existing fund members can bid
  5. Give it to the fund member who buys the most raffle tickets in the upcoming raffle
  6. Have a free draw amongst the 104 fund members
  7. Hang it above govanblue’s fireplace (only kidding!)
  8. Give it to NamibianBear

So please either show your support for one of those ideas, or come up with a better one.

Option 8

as i wasnt involved i shouldnt get a vote but my opinion is it should be raffled off between all the folk who put into it, wouldnt be fair if i bought a raffle and won it so for that reason i wouldnt buy any.

Yer a saint kpl a veritable saint, either that or you are a tight bassa ! So govanblue go with option 1 and give kpl a chance to redeem himself, the rider is just raffle the framed shirt and you keep the away one for your hard work son, jobs agood 'un ! ;):sherlock:

Yer a saint kpl a veritable saint, either that or you are a tight bassa ! So govanblue go with option 1 and give kpl a chance to redeem himself, the rider is just raffle the framed shirt and you keep the away one for your hard work son, jobs agood 'un ! ;):sherlock:

i would give it away anyway, ive had about 6 signed tops and aint got any, whenever someone is looking for 1 i give them away.

and i think you know im not tight :D

Initially option 1 was my first pick.

But now that I think about it, I think option 2 (Raffle it separately to existing fund members only) might be a better choice.

The raffle is probably destined to raise whatever it raises, whether the framed shirt is in it or not, cos it's really more about signing up to the new fund than winning the prizes.

If on the other hand, we raffle it amongst the 104 members, at £2 a go - even if only half the members decide to play, that's still £100 - which is probably not far off the price it would fetch at a conventional auction.

There's pros and cons for all the options unfortunately :(

as i wasnt involved i shouldnt get a vote but my opinion is it should be raffled off between all the folk who put into it, wouldnt be fair if i bought a raffle and won it so for that reason i wouldnt buy any.

But buying the raffle tickets is what gets you entrance into next season's Sponsors Fund Hall of Fame.

I've already reserved your space in between Keeps01 and laudrupno1

;)

i would give it away anyway, ive had about 6 signed tops and aint got any, whenever someone is looking for 1 i give them away.

and i think you know im not tight :D

(tu)I'll hold you to that last bit D and come into the RL for a pint, and giving them away for charity is the best thing to do with them, that is what they should be used for, 10 out of 10 D ! :cheers::sherlock: