Goian wants to come back to Rangers

djbroxybear

DORIN GOIAN says he's not interested in an emotional return to Steaua Bucharest because he's desperate to come back to Rangers.

The Romanian stopper is currently on loan until the end of the season with Italian Serie B outfit Spezia.

He is due to return to Ibrox this summer, along with fellow loanee defender Carlos Bocanegra, who is in Spain with Racing Santander.

Steaua suggested last week that they want to bring back Goian – who is still a hero with the club after helping them to a Uefa Cup semi-final and being a key player as they reached the last 16 of the Champions League.

But the defender is keen to relaunch his career at Ibrox in the Second Division.

Goian said: "I have not discussed a move to Steaua with anyone yet.

"In the summer I will have to get back to Glasgow because I have one year left of my contract with Rangers and I am looking forward to that.

"Regarding Steaua, I am not sure they want to be going down the path of getting older players back.

"From what I hear, they are keen to recruit promising young players and that is fair enough."

He played the first four games of this season before moving to Italy in August to save his international career, but his Spezia side have struggled at the wrong end of the table in Italian football's second flight.

http://www.eveningti...22052n.20883324

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DORIN GOIAN says he's not interested in an emotional return to Steaua Bucharest because he's desperate to come back to Rangers.

The Romanian stopper is currently on loan until the end of the season with Italian Serie B outfit Spezia.

He is due to return to Ibrox this summer, along with fellow loanee defender Carlos Bocanegra, who is in Spain with Racing Santander.

Steaua suggested last week that they want to bring back Goian – who is still a hero with the club after helping them to a Uefa Cup semi-final and being a key player as they reached the last 16 of the Champions League.

But the defender is keen to relaunch his career at Ibrox in the Second Division.

Goian said: "I have not discussed a move to Steaua with anyone yet.

"In the summer I will have to get back to Glasgow because I have one year left of my contract with Rangers and I am looking forward to that.

"Regarding Steaua, I am not sure they want to be going down the path of getting older players back.

"From what I hear, they are keen to recruit promising young players and that is fair enough."

He played the first four games of this season before moving to Italy in August to save his international career, but his Spezia side have struggled at the wrong end of the table in Italian football's second flight.

http://www.eveningti...22052n.20883324

The highlighted section , wonder if he means we want older players :7325:

I fully expect McCoist to take him back with a pay rise along with Boca, Miller and Daly to take our average age to 200.

it won't be up to McCoist. He'll have no choice but to take him and Bocca back as they've still got a year left on their contracts. We can't get out of that even if we wanted to.