The Founders Trail Is Shown The Red Card By Bigots.

And From NZ

Dear Sir/Madam,

I find your decision to exclude the Founding Trail on grounds of "Sectarianism" bizarre. Two objections from thousands of visitors, probably from Celtic fans or Republicans with an axe to grind against anything they could possibly perceive as Rangers, is hardly a groundswell of public opinion.

Please define how the story of four boys who came to the West End and who happened to form a football team is "Sectarian". If you bothered to go on a Tour, as I have done, you would find that there is no sectarianism involved.

What is even more galling is that these men are used their stall, and would in the future, to raise money for the quite laudable causes of Erskine and Yorkhill.

I don't like some of the aims of some of the past stallholders with a political axe to grind but I have not complained as I believe that they have the right to their views and the right to express their views. I also ask you one question. Have they caused any trouble in the past?

Yours

Oso's real name.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's disgusting. I've contacted them about this, asked them to clarify how they define a 'bigoted organisation' and how they have come to the conclusion that the Founders Trail qualifies.

For anyone who wants it, a direct link to their 'Contact Us' page: http://gibsonstgala.co.uk/?page_id=61

Good Morning,

I'm writing to express my dismay and disgust that you have refused to host a stall at your festival to The Founders' Trail, which is a charitable organisation telling the story of the founding of Rangers Football Club. It is a heartening story of young men who got together to found a sporting institution, their story involves absolutely no bigotry.

That you have apparently received complaints regarding the bigotry of this organisation speaks more of the bigotry of the complainants than it does of the Founders' Trail and their work. It's unfortunate that two local hospitals (Erskine and Yorkhill Kids) will lose out because of your pandering to the bigotry of people who have nothing better to do than complain about anything Rangers-related.

Could you please explain how you have reached the conclusion that The Founders' Trail is, in fact, a bigoted organisation? Could you also please clarify if two phone calls and two emails are sufficient to have any stall removed, regardless of the worth of the complaints?

Sincerely,

The club are looking into it. I'd imagine they might well do something, the club and the founders trail have a very good relationship.

Thats what worries me, whos got any balls at the club?

Looking into it, should have legal team all over their bigoted arses.

For fuck sake Rangers when will we stop being pushed around

I am not surprised but disgusted by the attitude. It is sadly the way this country is going and will be worse if ndependent

I say **** them, why not just have it at Ibrox there will be more people there wanting to go and interested than at that stupid folk festival.

Pathetic two emails, lol

I am not surprised but disgusted by the attitude. It is sadly the way this country is going and will be worse if ndependent

I say **** them, why not just have it at Ibrox there will be more people there wanting to go and interested than at that stupid folk festival.

Pathetic two emails, lol

Great Idea....set up the stall outside Ibrox on a match day.....the charities will make Far more money that way. Also I would invite those who made the decision to join a future trail and perhaps they would then get 'educated' in what Rangers is all about.

So it's taken a year for them to let you know the stall was controversial last year and only when you applied for it this year ? Absolute bullshit, somebody on their committee probably is connected to the green seat brigade ! Take it higher if possible ! :sherlock:

So it's taken a year for them to let you know the stall was controversial last year and only when you applied for it this year ? Absolute bullshit, somebody on their committee probably is connected to the green seat brigade ! Take it higher if possible ! :sherlock:

I say take it all the way.