The Founders Trail Is Shown The Red Card By Bigots.

Over the last four years since the Founders Trail took to the streets promoting our incredible story and celebrating the kids who formed our wonderful Club, it was always our intention to take it out into the mainstream of Scottish life.

It's a wonderful Scottish story and why shouldn't it be part of cultural festivals ?

We secured a listing on the Visit Scotland website and have our Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour leaflets on display within the Tourist office in Glasgow.

Back in 1871 when our Founders, who were mere teenagers , arrived in Glasgow they settled in the west end of the city where the McNeil's in particular stayed for many years.

With this in mind we applied for and secured a stall at the popular West End Festival in 2011.

11vld1g.jpg

It proved to be a huge success where we raised a fair amount of cash for both Yorkhill and Erskine Hospitals.

In an effort to broaden our scope we took a stall at last years smaller but still popular Gibson Street Festival , the link being that Peter McNeil, brother of Moses and his family stayed for a few years at 32 Gibson Street.

It was a huge success again.

To enable us to again secure a stall at this years Gibson Street Festival we applied for a stall in January.

Two weeks ago i got an email back from the stalls coordinator stating '' Unfortunately we can't offer the Founders Trail a stall this year due to the controversy your stall caused last year''.

I immediately suggested that we meet.

This meeting took place last week in a west end cafe where i asked for a full explanation.

They had received two phone calls and two emails. I asked for the worst of it.One email had said '' The Gibson Street event is a folk and community festival and it shouldn't be aligning itself with a bigoted organisation''

We spoke at length about how we're promoting a wonderful Glasgow story of kids who came into the city from rural Scotland to find employment but gave birth to one of the world's greatest sporting institutions.

I stressed that he as organiser was doing nothing more than bending to bigots. That he wasn't taking into consideration the many people who'd stopped at our stall and had complimented us on what we were there promoting.

I stated that our project will move on and the only people who would lose out from his decision were the kids at Yorkhill and the residents of Erskine Hospital.

It held no sway.

We set out four years ago to show that our Club's story is indeed unique and it's been hugely successful .

Glasgow and this country will forever live in the past as long as we have people such as those at the Gibson Street Festival who are willing to do the bigots work for them.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get people in touch with the Gibson Street festival complaining that you won't be there.

In mass numbers.

Even 20 or 30 from on here doing it could make the difference (tu).

This years festival is on Sunday 2nd June.

I told them that we advertise on supporters websites that have tens of thousands of members.

I asked '' what do i go back and tell them now ?, the Founders Trail has been banned because..................what '' ?

All i got back was a blank expression.

http://gibsonstgala.co.uk/

I told them that we advertise on supporters websites that have tens of thousands of members.

I asked '' what do i go back and tell them now ?, the Founders Trail has been banned because..................what '' ?

All i got back was a blank expression.

Get as many people as you can emailing them and contacting them to complain.

It's the only way you'll be likely to get a result.

All i got back was a blank exp<b></b>ression.

I'll be sending an email anyway mate, this can't go on (tu)

The history of a sporting institution which was set up as an inclusive organisation (are you listening Brother Wilfred) isn't suitable for them?

Because of 2 complaints?

Sounds like they're not suitable for you mate. Have they taken into account how many people you attracted to their festival last year?

Getting rid of Rangers despite the obvious financial consequences beachside of the agenda of a vocal minority..........sounds strangely familiar.

Good luck with everything, the charities appreciate it.

Get people in touch with the Gibson Street festival complaining that you won't be there.

In mass numbers.

Even 20 or 30 from on here doing it could make the difference (tu).

Exactly. Give us a contact e-mail right now and I'll send a letter.

This sums up this Bigoted wee country. Get this story onto and into main stream mhedia asap. Mind you theve got that crawling with the offended hypocrits as well. A sad and depressingly unsurprising tale.

Please keep up your fantastic work, and dont let the rhats or the apologists get you down.

Over the last four years since the Founders Trail took to the streets promoting our incredible story and celebrating the kids who formed our wonderful Club, it was always our intention to take it out into the mainstream of Scottish life.

It's a wonderful Scottish story and why shouldn't it be part of cultural festivals ?

We secured a listing on the Visit Scotland website and have our Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour leaflets on display within the Tourist office in Glasgow.

Back in 1871 when our Founders, who were mere teenagers , arrived in Glasgow they settled in the west end of the city where the McNeil's in particular stayed for many years.

With this in mind we applied for and secured a stall at the popular West End Festival in 2011.

11vld1g.jpg

It proved to be a huge success where we raised a fair amount of cash for both Yorkhill and Erskine Hospitals.

In an effort to broaden our scope we took a stall at last years smaller but still popular Gibson Street Festival , the link being that Peter McNeil, brother of Moses and his family stayed for a few years at 32 Gibson Street.

It was a huge success again.

To enable us to again secure a stall at this years Gibson Street Festival we applied for a stall in January.

Two weeks ago i got an email back from the stalls coordinator stating '' Unfortunately we can't offer the Founders Trail a stall this year due to the controversy your stall caused last year''.

I immediately suggested that we meet.

This meeting took place last week in a west end cafe where i asked for a full explanation.

They had received two phone calls and two emails. I asked for the worst of it.One email had said '' The Gibson Street event is a folk and community festival and it shouldn't be aligning itself with a bigoted organisation''

We spoke at length about how we're promoting a wonderful Glasgow story of kids who came into the city from rural Scotland to find employment but gave birth to one of the world's greatest sporting institutions.

I stressed that he as organiser was doing nothing more than bending to bigots. That he wasn't taking into consideration the many people who'd stopped at our stall and had complimented us on what we were there promoting.

I stated that our project will move on and the only people who would lose out from his decision were the kids at Yorkhill and the residents of Erskine Hospital.

It held no sway.

We set out four years ago to show that our Club's story is indeed unique and it's been hugely successful .

Glasgow and this country will forever live in the past as long as we have people such as those at the Gibson Street Festival who are willing to do the bigots work for them.

I am very saddend to read your story, its typical of the climate we are in, there seems to be something wrong with our culture when it can so easily discriminate against us although we represents the Majority in this sad little country...

I am disgusted by this .

My Grandson was Treated Inside Yorkhill Hospital over 6 years ago when he was Born.They are amazing .

I will drop an email of complaint to them as soonest Mate .

Disgusted by this that Vile individuals complain about this great Fundraiser.

This Country is in a very very Bad way because of this Minority complaining.

Nothing Shocks me anymore about them.

Disgraceful. How pathetic would you have to be to complain about something like this.

Im not well read on the subject, but from what ive heard, The Founders didnt give a hoot about Catholic or Protestant they just wanted to play football. It was the other team from Glasgow that came along and brought their bigotry with them, for poor Irish catholics, not just poor Irish families.

Its getting to the point im going to actively complain whenever I see something celtic related, even though its petty as fuck, but seems like the only way to do anything is to fight fire with fire.