Stock Exchange Statement RE: Sevco 5088

sandymcm

In light of the recent media speculation in relation to alleged claims which are purported to have been made by Craig Whyte, Aidan Earley, Law Financial Limited or Worthington Group plc in relation to the ownership or control of Sevco 5088 Limited ("Sevco 5088"), Rangers confirms that no legal claim has been received by Charles Green, Imran Ahmad or the Group. As none of the allegations that have been made in the press have been substantiated by evidence of any legally enforceable rights and as details of any claim, whilst threatened, have not been received, the company regards any such press commentary and speculation to be highly spurious. The Group has been and continues to receive legal advice to protect the business, assets and reputation of the company and its directors from such spurious claims.

In view of recent media speculation, the company wishes to clarify that Sevco 5088 is not an active subsidiary of the Rangers International Football Club plc. It is and has been a defunct non trading company over which termination proceedings began last year and which would have been struck off by the Registrar of Companies had false claims of directorships not been filed recently at Companies House. Sevco 5088 was listed in the company's announcement dated 22 April 2013 to comply with the AIM Rules for Companies requiring disclosure of directorships held by the directors of the company both currently and during the preceding 5 years. Sevco 5088 was not the acquisition vehicle which purchased the assets of Rangers Football Club.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In light of the recent media speculation in relation to alleged claims which are purported to have been made by Craig Whyte, Aidan Earley, Law Financial Limited or Worthington Group plc in relation to the ownership or control of Sevco 5088 Limited ("Sevco 5088"), Rangers confirms that no legal claim has been received by Charles Green, Imran Ahmad or the Group. As none of the allegations that have been made in the press have been substantiated by evidence of any legally enforceable rights and as details of any claim, whilst threatened, have not been received, the company regards any such press commentary and speculation to be highly spurious. The Group has been and continues to receive legal advice to protect the business, assets and reputation of the company and its directors from such spurious claims.

In view of recent media speculation, the company wishes to clarify that Sevco 5088 is not an active subsidiary of the Rangers International Football Club plc. It is and has been a defunct non trading company over which termination proceedings began last year and which would have been struck off by the Registrar of Companies had false claims of directorships not been filed recently at Companies House. Sevco 5088 was listed in the company's announcement dated 22 April 2013 to comply with the AIM Rules for Companies requiring disclosure of directorships held by the directors of the company both currently and during the preceding 5 years. Sevco 5088 was not the acquisition vehicle which purchased the assets of Rangers Football Club.

I am no expert on these things, but this seems like good news to me. (tu)

It is basically what many of us have been saying for weeks....if whyte had evidence then why hasn't he went to court? Why is he doing all this via the press?

I agree and it backs up us who have still been backing Charles Green, I am now waiting for the press to report this statement in a big way, not.

It is and has been a defunct non trading company over which termination proceedings began last year and which would have been struck off by the Registrar of Companies had false claims of directorships not been filed recently at Companies House.

Can whyte get done for this?

It is and has been a defunct non trading company over which termination proceedings began last year and which would have been struck off by the Registrar of Companies had false claims of directorships not been filed recently at Companies House.

He should be, but if he can't, we'd have to ask ourselves why and what type of 'strong' leadership are our present law makers actually talking about?

Sevco 5088 was not the acquisition vehicle which purchased the assets of Rangers Football Club

That I see as a problem as 5088 had an exclusive agreement with D&P and at no time did D&P inform the creditors that this was no longer the case until the day of the sale.

Sevco 5088 was not the acquisition vehicle which purchased the assets of Rangers Football Club

That I see as a problem as 5088 had an exclusive agreement with D&P and at no time did D&P inform the creditors that this was no longer the case until the day of the sale.

It was not an agreement - it was an "invitation to treat" - two different things completely. And it was with Green, using any purchase vehicle of his choosing.

So the "Stock Exchange" is lying?

I don't know but it appears Whyte was trying to shaft us again, by trying to make doors to allow him back to our club. I'm sure CG would have shut the doors firmly after he'd given Whyte his £1 back.

You are wrong!!

Duff & Phelps notice to creditors last July noted that the offer to buy the RFC Assets if the CVA failed would be via a new company being formed to buy the assets and go down the "newco" route. That was why Sevco Scotland was formed.

Only in the event of a CVA mate. Does not come into play when liquidation happened.