Ticketus v Whyte and the £17mill

markybear

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere already. I'm unsure

If whyte loses his appeal v Ticketus and the court still states he must pay back the money, does he actually have to pay it?

This is a civil case, It's not like its it's hmrc who are chasing him, it's a private company. Can they have him declared bankrupt, or jailed for blatant fraud (not disclosing his directorship ban)?

What steps can they take? He clearly couldn't pay them, we all know that

If whyte don't pay via the guarantees he gave to ticketus .I would expect ticketus to then report it as a crime.

Obtaining loan fraudulently or something.

Obviously they want their money before he's banged up!so giving whytey boy the chance to pay.(no chance)

The only difference between Criminal and Civil courts is that Criminal Courts have presidence in being heard. Civil Courts have to wait until there is a free date in the calendar to be heard. I think (may be wrong) any major sentencing has to be passed to Criminal Court.

If the loan was made to Whyte personally or Whyte and any of his associates under a company name the they would be liable, I pressume they could freeze the directors assets to try and reclaim something but I'd imagine a good businessman makes sure he has no personal assets.

Whyte will walk away branded as a fraudster and a liar but he'll still have a good life and of course he still wants his nose in the Rangers money pot.

If the loan was made to Whyte personally or Whyte and any of his associates under a company name the they would be liable, I pressume they could freeze the directors assets to try and reclaim something but I'd imagine a good businessman makes sure he has no personal assets.

Whyte will walk away branded as a fraudster and a liar but he'll still have a good life and of course he still wants his nose in the Rangers money pot.

Does this then bring ticketus back to rangers?

Ie whytes claim that he owns the assets, would ticketus look at it as a potential asset for whyte meaning they could lay claim to it. It just gets worse.

As is morgaging season tickets you dont yet own to fund buying the club who do own the season tickets.

Legally speaking, whyte mortgaged ST's as working capital, he bought rangers for a quid.

He didn't mortgage them to buy the club, ie the club didn't cost him £18mill. That's his workaround

Legally speaking, whyte mortgaged ST's as working capital, he bought rangers for a quid.

He didn't mortgage them to buy the club, ie the club didn't cost him £18mill. That's his workaround

Semantics really but still he morgaged something he didnt yet own, that cant be legal?

Does this then bring ticketus back to rangers?

Ie whytes claim that he owns the assets, would ticketus look at it as a potential asset for whyte meaning they could lay claim to it. It just gets worse.

Yes I presume it could if Whyte can prove he has any ownership then it's part of his assets, that's why he's put the shit up everyone....basturd

Semantics really but still he morgaged something he didnt yet own, that cant be legal?

Using a companies assets to buy said company is highly illegal (there's a legal term for it)

Whyte mortgaged ST's to pay lloyds.

That in itself isn't illegal, although lying to ticketus on the loan application form is

I think the legality of the deal will hinge on Whyte only getting the Club for the nominal £1 if he cleared the Lloyds debt with his own money. He could not have bought RFC for £1 without having the £18m to clear the debt. That he fraudulently borrowed the money from Ticketus is now confirmed in law. The deal to obtain the Club was also therefore fraudulent as he deliberately misled all the shareholders (Myself, David Murray, etc) about the financial aspect of the takeover.

He's not in Scotland though, if he's going anywhere in Britain it's always London.

they can send him court papers with a court date in England. If he goes, he can get ccj's, no such thing in Scotland.

5 yrars (6 maybe? ?) On the credit register. Nothong can happen to him in Scotland, England can possibly jail I for ccj's though

Using a companies assets to buy said company is highly illegal (there's a legal term for it)

Whyte mortgaged ST's to pay lloyds.

That in itself isn't illegal, although lying to ticketus on the loan application form is

Well its clear that ticketus and whyte are two like minded peas in a pod, to me they both deserved hammered by the law. Whyte lied but ticketus must of realised something was not quite right with this deal yet they went ahead anyway.