Squinty eyes speaking sense for once....(Rangers related)

GOAT

I see he's in the papers talking about bringing booze back to the stands and he's got a point. Every other league in Europe it isn't a problem, if a grown man wants to have a few pints at the game let him have a few pints. If there's going to be any drink related trouble at football it's going to be because fans are tanked up before the game anyway, which no-one can stop.

Imagine if 10,000 fans bought 2 pints each at every home game this season? It's extra revenue for the club, brings back a bit of enjoyment to the game and could also bring in extra bodies through the gates.

It needs to happen.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see he's in the papers talking about bringing booze back to the stands and he's got a point. Every other league in Europe it isn't a problem, if a grown man wants to have a few pints at the game let him have a few pints. If there's going to be any drink related trouble at football it's going to be because fans are tanked up before the game anyway, which no-one can stop.

Imagine if 10,000 fans bought 2 pints each at every home game this season? It's extra revenue for the club, brings back a bit of enjoyment to the game and could also bring in extra bodies through the gates.

It needs to happen.

Hmm, not sure to be honest.

It would be great and 99% of folk would behave well, but there could be trouble.

The media would love to seize on any chance to savage us, and this would give them the chance.

I think the ship has sailed on this one.

It needs to happen.

Finally, Get the booze and standing back! Bring a bit of life back into the Scottish game.

It needs to happen.

I thought this was about Whyte at first. Aye I completely agree, this is a smashing idea for clubs to make money. As much as I dislike Liewwell, he certainly isny daft.

Sadly the roasters who attend games would ruin it and if this did happen again I can't imagine it lasting long.

Scotland is full of fucking mutants who with drink in them would waste a chance like that.

I can't disagree. I think the idea is terrific, but as you say we have far too many fucking numpties in this country that would ruin it.

It needs to happen.

He doesn't have a point he's only trying to get more peados turning up at torbett towers. The difference between people in Europe is they don't get pished and start causing trouble that will happen in this shitehole if they allow drink back.

Sadly the roasters who attend games would ruin it and if this did happen again I can't imagine it lasting long.

Scotland is full of fucking mutants who with drink in them would waste a chance like that.

This, and unfortunately some of our support is made up of them.

Strathclyde police (sorry, Police Scotland, Strathclyde division) would always veto this idea.

standing may be something to look at but again, the police like the idea of a ticketed seat to trace people.

Och, selling drink at football isn't going to effect that.

Absolutely agree with him here. The government thinks that the best way to fight alcoholism is to basically criminalise it, and make it as hard to get as possible. This just leads to people stockpiling and binging.

A couple of pints at a game of football isn't going to cause any serious harm.

Don't know how old you are, but just wait until one heated decision by the ref , then you will see it in full flow.

Absolutely agree with him here. The government thinks that the best way to fight alcoholism is to basically criminalise it, and make it as hard to get as possible. This just leads to people stockpiling and binging.

A couple of pints at a game of football isn't going to cause any serious harm.

:lol: :lol:

And you think everyone is just going to have "A couple of pints"?

He doesn't have a point he's only trying to get more peados turning up at torbett towers. The difference between people in Europe is they don't get pished and start causing trouble that will happen in this shitehole if they allow drink back.

A wee tiny riot at Hampden ffs

I have no problem with this, but sensibly.

There is already drink of course in hospitality & places like Bar 72.

So, the trick will be to regulate it - fans will still get tanked up before game, and should be treated accordingly. If you look or act pissed, no service.

But regulate it, at least to start with.

How?

Easy. Swipe smartcard - 2 swipes (ie 2 drinks) per person, job done.

Ditto on any paper tickets - swipe barcode, 2 swipes, no more service.

Not a difficult thing to go with, just have to have the will to do it.

What's the difference where people drink before games? Inside Ibrox or at The Louden/Stadium Bar? If people are gonna get tanked up before the game they will regardless. I was down at the West Ham game last week and in that Boleyn pub before and after the match. Trust me that place was pretty nuts pints flying everywhere and a lot of high spirits. Never seen one bit of bother before or after. Anyway my point being you could have went in Upton Park and drank just the same amounts. The only difference being as of when the game started you could go have a beer at half time so you would have consumed 1or 2 beers more than you normally would. Surely the moneys better in Rangers coffers than surrounding areas profits?

A wee tiny riot at Hampden ffs

Not talking about that, i wan't even born. Look at the Gallowgate for a start it is cunts like that will be attending torbett towers.

If it happens i hope they try it with them 1st as a trial and i hope they all punch fuck out of each other.

Don't know how old you are, but just wait until one heated decision by the ref , then you will see it in full flow.

Difference now is nobody can throw bottles i tend to think its a good idea as long as it is well organised.We always go into the wee Gers Club before the game so i dont see any problem having a couple of jars inside Ibrox win win situation.