Squinty eyes speaking sense for once....(Rangers related)

GOAT

Finally, Get the booze and standing back! Bring a bit of life back into the Scottish game.

While we're at it lets sell the beer in open top cans.

Then when your finished your drink you just keep the can and use it as a portable toilet, just think you'll never miss a goal again.

And when your own personal portaloo is full you just pour it down the terracing in front of you, after all none of the other supporters will really mind standing in a river of pish.

Ah back to the old days eh!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While we're at it lets sell the beer in open top cans.

Then when your finished your drink you just keep the can and use it as a portable toilet, just think you'll never miss a goal again.

And when your own personal portaloo is full you just pour it down the terracing in front of you, after all none of the other supporters will really mind standing in a river of pish.

Ah back to the old days eh!

Aye because that's what people are asking to go back too.

Honest tae fuck. doh

Because you'd get idiots throwing cups and spilling drink on people.

Dont get me wrong I'd love to as well, I just dont see it working.

That happened to me at Hampden at a concert, never mind a football match. Arsehole behind me staggered along his row with beers for him and his mate and tipped a full pint right over me and the burd beside me. Him and his mate kept at it the whole gig, before it ended he was lying in the aisle and the stewards threw him out.

I know he must have had a good scoop in him beforehand, but instead of the two or three hours of the gig sobering up him if it was alcohol-free, he was able to keep topping it up until he ended up pished. And there's plenty of guys like that at the football.

That happened to me at Hampden at a concert, never mind a football match. Arsehole behind me staggered along his row with beers for him and his mate and tipped a full pint right over me and the burd beside me. Him and his mate kept at it the whole gig, before it ended he was lying in the aisle and the stewards threw him out.

I know he must have had a good scoop in him beforehand, but instead of the two or three hours of the gig sobering up him if it was alcohol-free, he was able to keep topping it up until he ended up pished. And there's plenty of guys like that at the football.

At an oasis gig in the secc,me and my pal got soaked by a pint that was thrown from behind.

As if that wasn't bad enough it wasn't lager.

It was full of pish.

And that's why alcohol can cause massive problems cos if I had of caught the cunt that threw that I would probobally still be in the jail.

At an oasis gig in the secc,me and my pal got soaked by a pint that was thrown from behind.

As if that wasn't bad enough it wasn't lager.

It was full of pish.

And that's why alcohol can cause massive problems cos if I had of caught the cunt that threw that I would probobally still be in the jail.

It's not gonnae happen at the fitbaw, is it?

...Maybe they should just go the whole hog and bring back smoking anaw...i mean what could be nicer siting wae your pint and a cigar...superb!...well up to the point when Jig scores a 25 yarder and you loupe off your seat and in the process knock the end off your cigar which setting the blonde bird in front of yous hair on fire...but all is not lost! you manage to quell the flames wae the half pint o lager you have left...brilliant eh.

...Maybe they should just go the whole hog and bring back smoking anaw...i mean what could be nicer siting wae your pint and a cigar...superb!...well up to the point when Jig scores a 25 yarder and you loupe off your seat and in the process knock the end off your cigar which setting the blonde bird in front of yous hair on fire...but all is not lost! you manage to quell the flames wae the half pint o lager you have left...brilliant eh.

Impeccable logic! Love it.

Liewell is appealing to the masses (sorry for using mass... :-) ) Their ticket sales next year will be a disaster for them.. and the BS about them being flush is..... BS.

He has certainly stirred debate (or is that shaken, not stirred?) In any event.... alcohol will not be allowed back in imho.. But standing? That makes sense.

@Sportingintegritymyarse We all know the polis enforce the law..... But they also have a pretty free and liberal hand to enforce what they want -- and can make it up on the go (tu)

If they organised it in a similar way to the Bundesliga, then that's all they'd be allowed.

Sorry but this is a load of pish. Beer drinking is part of German culture and the know how to drink responsibly. I've been in beer tents after Bayern games where fans from both teams sat together, discussed the game and basically got on with having a good time.

Sadly in Scotland the ned culture would prevail and violence with innocents getting injured would be the ultimate result. Too many so-called hard-men wanting to have a go after a couple of shandies.

Crowds at concerts and at the football differ, on several levels.

Also, if someone lobs a drink, it's reasonably easy to catch them with CCTV etc.

Point taken nobody in a seat would do that but we are talking about in a standing section.

Much harder to pinpoint the culprit with the cameras.

100 off ST. Why? Because they are f'king worried about attendance. Now beer. Why? To make up for the loss in revenue.

This isn't about facilities, beer or moving with the times, it's about worry.

bang on.

Additionally, imo Scotlands relationship with the drink does not make this an enticing prospect. Yes it would be great - couple of beers, watching the game and chilling, but we have too many who would use this as an excuse to get bladdered

bang on.

Additionally, imo Scotlands relationship with the drink does not make this an enticing prospect. Yes it would be great - couple of beers, watching the game and chilling, but we have too many who would use this as an excuse to get bladdered

These people that want to get pished are going to do it anyway regardless, oh and btw there is fuck all wrong with wanting a good bevvy.

These people that want to get pished are going to do it anyway regardless, oh and btw there is fuck all wrong with wanting a good bevvy.

I am not saying there is - and people will do it regardless your right - that doesn't mean I want to sit next to them or have my sons sit next to them at a match while they are doing it. There is plenty of places in Scotland to drink outwith Ibrox that should suffice.

I am not saying there is - and people will do it regardless your right - that doesn't mean I want to sit next to them or have my sons sit next to them at a match while they are doing it. There is plenty of places in Scotland to drink outwith Ibrox that should suffice.

Well If we are ever lucky enough to get a few pints at the game, I'm sure the family section would be a nice friendly drink free place for you and your boy.

Well If we are ever lucky enough to get a few pints at the game, I'm sure the family section would be a nice friendly drink free place for you and your boy.

your making me out to be some kind of puritan - far from it. However, I think we have too many arsholes in Scottish society who are simply unable to control themselves in terms of the drink and there subsequent behavoir.

I would love for it to be otherwise - I look at the rugby fans and the continental fans and think "that looks great".

Not sure if any of you have ever been sober at a game and had the biggest drunk arsehole the world has ever seen sitting next to you. Spoils the game for you when some knobend bangs into you, spills things over you and shouts a lot of pish for 90 minutes.

Would be even worse if it was a season ticket holder next to you and you get it every home game.

Not sure if any of you have ever been sober at a game and had the biggest drunk arsehole the world has ever seen sitting next to you. Spoils the game for you when some knobend bangs into you, spills things over you and shouts a lot of pish for 90 minutes.

Would be even worse if it was a season ticket holder next to you and you get it every home game.

I think if that ST holder is drinking, he's always going to be a drinker so he'll be pissed next to you anyway.

100 off ST. Why? Because they are f'king worried about attendance. Now beer. Why? To make up for the loss in revenue.

This isn't about facilities, beer or moving with the times, it's about worry.

...Exactly mate..with the nappy rippers crowds falling year on year(for at least the next two) while we are not in the top division they will be hunting for ways to entice the boaby sookers in...drink at the game would be one way and cheaper season tickets would be another but if they dont get into the CL they will be looking at a big loss imo...dont know what they pay out in wages but rest asured if their shit hole is only half full next season their red lights will be flashing....and thats what this is all about..imo..