The Founders Plaque at Fleshers Haugh.

We're needing a wee repair job done on the Founders Plaque at Fleshers Haugh, nothing major.

It's brass and sits on a wooden plinth.The heat inside the Football Centre has bevelled it . It needs re-mounted.

It happened before, but the guy who manufactured it for us and repaired it wasn't very good to deal with at all.Nice wee job for a Bear .

Here she is.

nfse4n.jpg

If anyone can help please send an email to :

thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com

We're needing a wee repair job done on the Founders Plaque at Fleshers Haugh, nothing major.It's brass and sits on a wooden plinth.The heat inside the Football Centre has bevelled it . It needs re-mounted.It happened before, but the guy who manufactured it for us and repaired it wasn't very good to deal with at all.Nice wee job for a Bear .Here she is.nfse4n.jpgIf anyone can help please send an email to :thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com
I am not a metal worker but what it needs is a brass "pictureframe" section to support the plaque all the way round, the four screws and cups are not enough, this would sandwich the plaque between the "pictureframe" and the wooden base board, or even a timber frame of the same material as the baseboard, any little joiners shop could have that done in an hour, with a heavy duty double sided tape behind the full plaque that would sort it out.

• 2 weeks later...

After our call for help in repairing the Founders Plaque at Fleshers Haugh two Bears very kindly carried out the necessary work yesterday morning.

We can't thank them enough.

Work in progress.

65olrt.jpg

The Founders Plaque looking as good as new.

330hfde.jpg

cheers for posting mate (tu) and well done to the two Bears !

The Gallant Pioneers generously donated two free tour tickets to our Sponsors' Fund raffle, so I'm glad that some RM Bears were able to do something for them in return. (tu)

I'm already booked on my tour - I'll inspect their handiwork then :D

Off topic but are they building something next to the sports centre. Just been on google maps which has a large area between the river and the centre where the ground has been cleared? Is this recent? Other areas of the city have recently been updated on google maps.

Off topic but are they building something next to the sports centre. Just been on google maps which has a large area between the river and the centre where the ground has been cleared? Is this recent? Other areas of the city have recently been updated on google maps.

Think it's a hockey ground for the games mate.