was at Murray Park today... transfer news?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nacho Novo is the the only player i would bring back out of everyone mentioned. Because he loves Rangers will try like fuck every game, the fans love him, he loves the fans and it's not all about the money for him.

As mark hatley said don't bring back to many old players just 1 or 2.

Bringing in a couple of older players would make sense if they're passionate about Rangers (it would help to gee up the younger lads), still worth a place even if only as an impact player and would take a modest pay deal.

No Thanx

Buy cheap at a young age and sell high, sad to say but Celtic do very well with this policy. We can't be going back to broadfoot, novo (as much as i love the wee man) and smith.

Nicky Clarke would be an excellent example of this. I'd be very pleased if we get him

No Thanx

Buy cheap at a young age and sell high, sad to say but Celtic do very well with this policy. We can't be going back to broadfoot, novo (as much as i love the wee man) and smith.

Nicky Clarke would be an excellent example of this. I'd be very pleased if we get him

What would you concider as being cheap? 700k/800k imo in scotland is alot of money, We will only sell big if they do well. IMO were aswell going for our own youths who we can sell for 2/3million in the future. Aswell as adding some old heads.

Fuck me. Running out of things to say with this clueless garbage

Novo - No

Miller - No

Smith - No

Thomson - No

Ferguson - No

Boyd - No

Broadfoot - No

None of these players were great when they left us and time doesn't stand still. Their time with Rangers is over.

Well it should be.

Miller was on fire when he left, Boyd was the SPL'S top goalscorer.(Still is) so apart from those two I agree.

Right. I'm fed up with folk ripping every possible signing target to bits. I know we all want messi and ronaldo but ffs let's think this through. U make a signing to improve an area of the team. Or get better value for money. So.....

Bell as good as and cheaper than Alexander. Yes

Who is second choice left back. Is smith better? Yes

Broadfoot or cribari/faure/zorba? Broadfoot please

Boyd / miller / novo / daly? Replace Sandaza? Yes, replace mcculloch- possibly. Play alongside little yes.

So. Is ally looking at a 442 next season. Of say

Bell

Broadfoot

Mcculloch

Webster?

Wallace

Templeton

Hutton

Mcloud

Smith

Little

Boyd/daly/miller/novo

Are u saying that team would not be better?

Right. I'm fed up with folk ripping every possible signing target to bits. I know we all want messi and ronaldo but ffs let's think this through. U make a signing to improve an area of the team. Or get better value for money. So.....

Bell as good as and cheaper than Alexander. Yes

Who is second choice left back. Is smith better? Yes

Broadfoot or cribari/faure/zorba? Broadfoot please

Boyd / miller / novo / daly? Replace Sandaza? Yes, replace mcculloch- possibly. Play alongside little yes.

So. Is ally looking at a 442 next season. Of say

Bell

Broadfoot

Mcculloch

Webster?

Wallace

Templeton

Hutton

Mcloud

Smith

Little

Boyd/daly/miller/novo

Are u saying that team would not be better?

And the backup centre half to play when Webster is injured?

I agree with some of your point, but it would be good to have much younger mix.

Stevie Smith drove out, I asked if he was signing and he said something along the lines of 'you never know'...

Kirk Broadfoot also drove out, asked him the same question, he replied 'not just now but maybe one day' I told him he should never have left and he just went quiet, was kinda awkward haha!

Just putting that bit of info out there :)

Havent read all the thread so someone might have said this, did we not let Kirk Broadfoot go at the start of this season because we signed Nick the Greek?

Some and i repeat SOME of the people who have gone in the last few years, were pretty sad losses in my opinion. I dont care how old they may be, many of them are real Rangers men, some who like Nacho got thrown away sadly and deserve another chance.

I would easily take Miller, Boyd and Nacho back than have Daly or Boca in the squad. I want heart and love of Rangers, not money hunters.

If the old guys will take decent wages, id rather have them.

You mentioned not money hunters in the team yet you want Boyd back. Was this the same guy that would not move for a transfer fee when we needed the money but was happy to move when his contract finished so he could get a bigger signing on fee and went to Turkey to chase the money. Have him back...........no thanks

And the backup centre half to play when Webster is injured?

I agree with some of your point, but it would be good to have much younger mix.

Your cover comes from Mitchell at right back. Perry heggarty faure at centre half. Smith at left back.

Aird / novo/ little/ McKay on the wing. Black mcculloch centre mid.

And various others up front. But when the young gems like McKay etc get onto the park there are plenty more competent players around to help them out.

Heggarty, Perry and Faure are some of the worst defenders I've ever seen.

The Greek doesn't look too bad going forward to be fair.

Regarding Broadfoot, we've no long done well to get shot of that cabbage. Never want him back.

Webster !!!

This has got to be a wind up........

Webster was only really a shot in the dark for an experienced centre half that will quite possibly be a free agent and hence be available.

Personally I think we need a davie weir at the back. A Barry ferguson in the middle and a novo/miller/Boyd up top with what we have already there. It's once we are in first division we may be able to tempt some young up and coming stars. But now. I think they would get better offers elsewhere. That's why I don't think Danny Wilson would be a goer. It would be taking another two years out of top flight football. U can see how not playing top flight games for Liverpool has set him back. Liverpool reserved play higher standard than Scottish league division 2.

Webster was only really a shot in the dark for an experienced centre half that will quite possibly be a free agent and hence be available.

Personally I think we need a davie weir at the back. A Barry ferguson in the middle and a novo/miller/Boyd up top with what we have already there. It's once we are in first division we may be able to tempt some young up and coming stars. But now. I think they would get better offers elsewhere. That's why I don't think Danny Wilson would be a goer. It would be taking another two years out of top flight football. U can see how not playing top flight games for Liverpool has set him back. Liverpool reserved play higher standard than Scottish league division 2.

Webster should never be allowed anywhere near Ibrox again at any cost .

Heggarty, Perry and Faure are some of the worst defenders I've ever seen.

The Greek doesn't look too bad going forward to be fair.

Regarding Broadfoot, we've no long done well to get shot of that cabbage. Never want him back.

I don't think faure is as bad as he has looked on occasion. The few times I have saw him at centre half- his position he looks more comfortable but needs a run to see if he can play it well enough.

I don't think faure is as bad as he has looked on occasion. The few times I have saw him at centre half- his position he looks more comfortable but needs a run to see if he can play it well enough.

We all see the game differently mate. Personally the defence needs wiped out (apart from Wallace and maybe Mitchell who looked ok at right back against Stirling Albion, but thought he was rotten against Peterhead and ropey against East Stirling - but I'd give him a run and see) and the cover is rotten too.

Every team we come up against in the lower leagues seem to have two big center halfs who clear their lines and win headers at set-pieces. We could go to teams like Dumbarton, Livingston, Ayr, Queen Of The South etc and scout the best defenders from them and get them on the cheap and would do a job until we get back to the SPL. In my opinion anyway.

We all see the game differently mate. Personally the defence needs wiped out (apart from Wallace and maybe Mitchell who looked ok at right back against Stirling Albion, but thought he was rotten against Peterhead and ropey against East Stirling - but I'd give him a run and see) and the cover is rotten too.

Every team we come up against in the lower leagues seem to have two big center halfs who clear their lines and win headers at set-pieces. We could go to teams like Dumbarton, Livingston, Ayr, Queen Of The South etc and scout the best defenders from them and get them on the cheap and would do a job until we get back to the SPL. In my opinion anyway.

But could those Dumbarton defenders handle the pressure if playing for rangers. How many signings have we brought in that couldn't? Webster? Theo snelders? Ricksen to start with?

Maybe ally is trying to take that risk out of the equation a wee bit. Maybe the wages they are asking for are reasonable. Maybe they are willing to take pay as u play just to play for rangers again. Frank deboer played for rangers for expence money when he played under MacLeish just to make sure of his World Cup place.

I have been one of ally's critics for playing experienced folk out of position in front of a youngster. And ideally I want eleven home grown Murray park kids to take the spl by storm. But I also think its possible they need an experienced ranger to help them get there.

I certainly doubt we are looking at novo for the spl in two summers from now. But we are maybe looking at novo to drag more out of little Naismith and McKay for two years from now.

I remember joking we should have got Tokely in for a season at centre half for D3, with hindsight he would have been better than most we have endured there this season and prob would have cost two multibags of monster munch a week.

But could those Dumbarton defenders handle the pressure if playing for rangers. How many signings have we brought in that couldn't? Webster? Theo snelders? Ricksen to start with?

Maybe ally is trying to take that risk out of the equation a wee bit. Maybe the wages they are asking for are reasonable. Maybe they are willing to take pay as u play just to play for rangers again. Frank deboer played for rangers for expence money when he played under MacLeish just to make sure of his World Cup place.

I have been one of ally's critics for playing experienced folk out of position in front of a youngster. And ideally I want eleven home grown Murray park kids to take the spl by storm. But I also think its possible they need an experienced ranger to help them get there.

I certainly doubt we are looking at novo for the spl in two summers from now. But we are maybe looking at novo to drag more out of little Naismith and McKay for two years from now.

You have a point right enough, it's something that's not missed on me (the pressure of playing for Rangers and having to win every week)

The way I see it, they can't do any worse? Faure, Heggarty, Perry etc all look bags of nerves when the ball comes near them.