was at Murray Park today... transfer news?

Stevie Smith drove out, I asked if he was signing and he said something along the lines of 'you never know'...

Kirk Broadfoot also drove out, asked him the same question, he replied 'not just now but maybe one day' I told him he should never have left and he just went quiet, was kinda awkward haha!

Just putting that bit of info out there :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie Smith drove out, I asked if he was signing and he said something along the lines of 'you never know'...

Kirk Broadfoot also drove out, asked him the same question, he replied 'not just now but maybe one day' I told him he should never have left and he just went quiet, was kinda awkward haha!

Just putting that bit of info out there :)

If Ally is in charge expect Broadfoot back when he is 35.

If smith was on a short term deal and low wages he would be decent cover at lb but then again I'd prefer we gave Mitchell an extended deal as cover for both fb positions....I think it's all well and good looking for some experience but the balance and blend has to be right and we can't overload the team with former players past their best on big money with no resale value....

Steven Smith also decent guy when ever I saw or met him. He has been at Murray Park since like November if not before. I can't see any other reason he would have been training there so long if he wasnt in with a shot.

I also hope all this talk of Nacho, the wee man gets another shot, cracking player would be such a boost to everyone and a great inspiration to the youngsters, loves Rangers as much as anyone.

Some and i repeat SOME of the people who have gone in the last few years, were pretty sad losses in my opinion. I dont care how old they may be, many of them are real Rangers men, some who like Nacho got thrown away sadly and deserve another chance.

I would easily take Miller, Boyd and Nacho back than have Daly or Boca in the squad. I want heart and love of Rangers, not money hunters.

If the old guys will take decent wages, id rather have them.

Steven Smith also decent guy when ever I saw or met him. He has been at Murray Park since like November if not before. I can't see any other reason he would have been training there so long if he wasnt in with a shot.

I also hope all this talk of Nacho, the wee man gets another shot, cracking player would be such a boost to everyone and a great inspiration to the youngsters, loves Rangers as much as anyone.

Nacho Novo is the the only player i would bring back out of everyone mentioned. Because he loves Rangers will try like fuck every game, the fans love him, he loves the fans and it's not all about the money for him.

As mark hatley said don't bring back to many old players just 1 or 2.

I agree not too many but just Miller, Boyd and Nacho i think would still be good assets in SFL3, there has been plenty games this season i wished even one of them was on the bench. Worth a shot i truly believe, they would be great at showing the youngsters what it really means to play for Rangers great experienced guys to mix with youth.

Why don't we just bring back every one we have let go in the past 2 to 3 years? Tells you alot about our scouts and coaches.

we are looking at a South American chap - half of RM are moaning about that as well - dammed if we do - dammed if we don't!

I honesty wouldn't mind if we signed Smith tbh.

Whoever comes in is going to struggle to displace Wallace or Templeton so why waste the little money we have on a "marquee" name who also plays those positions, or give a youngster ten/fifteen minutes here and there when an older player could provide the same cover and allow the younster to go out on loan elsewhere where he can play every week and come back a better player.

If Smith is willing to come in and provide cover right down the left hand side of the park for the next couple of seasons then I'd happily have him in the squad.

Where does this obsession for expensive 'experienced' players come from?

Here's what we could have available next season (excluding those I don't want):

GK's - Alexander, Bell, Currie, Smith

Def's - Wallace, Mitchell, Faure, Bocanegra, Gasparotto, Hegarty

Mid's - Black, Macleod, Hutton, Templeton, McKay, Aird, Crawford, Stoney, Murdoch

Fwd's - Jig, Little, Shiels, Hemmings, Clark

Ok, so a few we might not see (Bell, Boca and Clark), but assuming none of the others leave, and Cribari, Gallagher, Perry, Argyriou, Naismith are rightly moved on...put 3 defenders under the age of 25 in there and what is wrong with that team to win SFL2?