SPL debt (reconstruction)

scarkev

One of the only sensible callers on Clyde 1 raised a really good point tonight.....the SPL has a current debt of 11 million pounds divided equally between 12 clubs....now is one of the main reasons to push through reconstruction (as well as tie us in) to shed or dilute their debt amongst 42 clubs?

Interesting question that I hope someone puts to Doncaster....either way although I agree with playoffs etc if it means handing more power to the current SPL cabal then the game is in even more trouble long term!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the only sensible callers on Clyde 1 raised a really good point tonight.....the SPL has a current debt of 11 million pounds divided equally between 12 clubs....now is one of the main reasons to push through reconstruction (as well as tie us in) to shed or dilute their debt amongst 42 clubs?

Interesting question that I hope someone puts to Doncaster....either way although I agree with playoffs etc if it means handing more power to the current SPL cabal then the game is in even more trouble long term!

Surely they cannot call it the spl.............and I am sure the other clubs would not want to pick up debt. If they do form a completely new league set up under one body surely new rules would apply?

Surely they cannot call it the spl.............and I am sure the other clubs would not want to pick up debt. If they do form a completely new league set up under one body surely new rules would apply?

Well how do they get rid of the debt? They are promising this money to be distributed yet have no sponsor, a hidden tv deal and historical debt of over 10 million....where is the money coming from?

somebody said a while ago they had to keep the name because that's what is on the contract of the mythical tv deal.

Great question, but I fear we will never know m8. Doncaster will squirm out of it with some bullshit answer like he always does. Looks now like it's going to happen and there's SFA we can do about it. I don't expect to ever see their next set of results. There is nothing else for them to gain but to shed debt/lawsuits and swallow up our money. They will dress it up as the SPL need a strong league below them and all that jazz and we'll just have to swallow it. English actually backed Doncaster for the top job - incredible.

Surely instead of desperately trying to find negative stories about us some journalist should be asking these kinds of questions and getting the full details of the proposals including tv deal etc before its signed!

Sporting integrity... Ditch the debt with newco.

the creditors would just love that - who'd ever do business with them again? i just don't get how a couple of play-offs between non-entity clubs is going to make Scottish football more attractive or more sustainable. the English premiership is the only show in town, SPL, SPFL or whatever can't compete with that they're just flogging the poor old dead horse

So we will NEVER see just how much the sphell lost without Scotlands Biggest And Most Sucessful Football Club propping them up!?

This newco league would STOP/Allow the sphell to just say " ach dont worry..sweep sweep..were ok now..honest"??

Surely that CANT/WONT HAPPEN!?..

Surely instead of desperately trying to find negative stories about us some journalist should be asking these kinds of questions and getting the full details of the proposals including tv deal etc before its signed!

Journalists in this country are cowards.

Pretty sure a newspaper ran an article a few weeks back saying any new league would have to be called spl as that's who sky have signed a contract with to show games, if it's not called the spl and changed it's name to the spfl sky could walk.

Ralph topping also let the cat out of the bag on snyde that they can't find a sponser for the spl alone, this is why they need Rangers under their jurisdiction.

the creditors would just love that - who'd ever do business with them again? i just don't get how a couple of play-offs between non-entity clubs is going to make Scottish football more attractive or more sustainable. the English premiership is the only show in town, SPL, SPFL or whatever can't compete with that they're just flogging the poor old dead horse

Play offs purely to try and appease sfl clubs.

Well how do they get rid of the debt? They are promising this money to be distributed yet have no sponsor, a hidden tv deal and historical debt of over 10 million....where is the money coming from?

it'd be an idea for bears to pose this question in as many online forums as possible - what about the SPL's £11m debt is liability for that going to be shared by all 42 clubs?

i've just posted it on the BBC Sports website. if it gets out there enough some journo might think of asking the question of those who know the answer

it'd be an idea for bears to pose this question in as many online forums as possible - what about the SPL's £11m debt is liability for that going to be shared by all 42 clubs?

i've just posted it on the BBC Sports website. if it gets out there enough some journo might think of asking the question of those who know the answer

Yeah good shout mate as I think this needs to be looked at before the clubs sign up to it, especially as we don't have a vote (as a club)....

Might be an idea to try and get the likes of chris graham etc to pose these questions as well!

The SPL owe £500k alone for the failed title thieving debacle, who's going to pay for that? I hope they don'y try and blackmail us again, more probably it will be paid by the money they would have used as the annual payment to the SFL. So in reality the SFL money will pay their debts imo.

Surely journalists have to now question why the fuck Dungcaster is on £200,000 a year, while the sphell is in so much shite. What exactly is he doing to earn this kind of money. :pipe:

He gives Jap-eyes bjs.!!??. A hampdump mole told me!!