EXCLUSIVE: Nicky Clark set to sign three-year deal at Rangers

Bert MitchellSports Writer

GOAL machine Nicky Clark today revealed he is set to sign a three-year deal with boyhood heroes Rangers next week.Nicky Clark says he has verbal agreement with Ally McCoistNicky Clark says he has verbal agreement with Ally McCoistThe 21-year-old, voted PFA Division Two player of the year after scoring 41 goals in all competitions for Queen of the South, has reached a verbal agreement with Ally McCoist on his dream move to Ibrox.And Clark, son of former Gers star Sandy, believes he can better this term's record strike tally. He said: "I have met Ally already and we talked over his plans and it's exciting to be in them. I am hoping to meet with him again at Ibrox next week and hopefully get the deal signed and realise my dream of becoming a Rangers player for the next few seasons."It is something I have always dreamed of and to have met Ally in the first instance was just really flattering, but it was hard to take in that he wanted me to come to the club I have supported all my life."I have had a great season at Queen of the South and, at 21, I never stopped hoping that maybe I had done enough to get on Ally's radar."To have actually spoken to him and heard his plans was massive, but I it will only really sink in when I sign on the dotted line."I may have scored over 40 goals for Queens this season, but I believe I could score even more for Rangers with the quality of the players they have in the side."My ambition is to play in the SPL and to do it with Rangers one day would be as good as it gets."Clark will be following in the footsteps of dad Sandy, who scored 21 goals in 62 appearances for Gers between 1983/84 and the young striker admits that makes his move to Ibrox even more emotional.He said: "I wasn't around when my dad played for Rangers and seeing him play for them in his prime is something I would have loved."But if everything goes through, and hopefully I do get the chance to pull on the jersey, I would like to think it will be a special moment for him."A move to Ibrox will see the prolific striker once more tread the boards in the Scottish Second Division, but Clark doesn't care about the prospect of marking time as long as it is in the red, white and blue.He said: "It is a bit of a funny one, in that I have won the Second Division championship as a Queen of the South player and scored an awful lot of goals in the process, and yet I will be staying in the league."But none of that matters when you are talking about becoming a Rangers player."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the lad lives up to our expectations these are the type of signings that will get the fans on board not 30+ plus has been's with dodgy injury histories, I honestly think Rangers should have been looking at Kyle Taylor of Falkirk also another fine young prospect and wouldn't stretch our bank balance.

Think this is a completely no lose signing for us....the boy is desperate to play for us and you would hope that hunger will push on him and those around him....he will be on relatively low wages and at 21 there is alot of scope for him to improve and even if he doesn't he will certainly score goals in the lower leagues...

Welcome aboard nicky....now If we could just get his namesake Law in and a solid CB I would be delighted!

same auld negative shite with you's cunts on here

Almost all want it to happen. Sounds like the boy wants it to happen big time. But it hasn't YET, and like most others we're cautious until it's a done deal. Which seems to be dragging out longer than hoped, which leads to concerns agents can take their clients elsewhere.

Don't see the need to call other bears cunts, and especially not for any comment made so far in this thread.

Grow up.

His auld man was as tough as old boots.....sure he played up fron with Coisty in the 1983 season ??

His auld man was a decent player a 100% commitment old fashioned centre forward, although prone to some unbelievable misses in front of goal.

Young nicky if he has half the dedication his father had will become a rangers hero.

Great signing I look forward to watching him flourish in our team.

:uk: