Bohemians away

Skelf

I was at that one. Mates got us a seat on a Cumbernauld bus that picked us up in George Sq. Quite a modern one, think it had a telly. When we got off the ferry at Larne we were all wondering why it was replaced by an old shitey Ulster bus.

On the way home we found out. Every window was panned in as we left Dublin. Luckily we had stopped in Belfast for a few hours before the game and picked up some Belfast boys cos they seemed to be more aware telling us to take the seats and put them against the windows before we left. Seem to recall it took a lot longer to get out of Dublin than getting in it. Almost like the guarda were giving us a tour of every shitty part of the city.

As for the game itself they had erected huge fences to keep the crowd in but some kept trying to climb them, some successfully.

After the game guarda chased us all to our buses, hitting us with truncheons as we got in saying get into yer bus ya British bastard. They then stood outside it till we left, one spitting at the window and another kept blessing himself. Then as I said a trip thru every nook and cranny in dublin where we kept getting ambushed. They were also waiting for us in other towns.

One thing sticks out was after we crossed the border, the first guy to give us the vicky was a polis guy directing the traffic ! Guess that was a hint of things to come.

All in all an eventful trip !

O

What a away trip that would be :uk:

On the bevvy the night before and again for a few hours in Belfast so that numbed you but soon sobered up when getting chased down streets of dublin with guarda rattling their shields with their truncheons !

O

On the bevvy the night before and again for a few hours in Belfast so that numbed you but soon sobered up when getting chased down streets of dublin with guarda rattling their shields with their truncheons !

It would be fucking bedlam... Mortal for the full trip.

Aye, Emirates was on standby had we made the final. Not a hope they'd risk a 100,000 rangers fans travel to Ireland.

No chance in the slightest. Even if they went ahead with Dublin there would be a block on the majority travelling. They would implement something like present match ticket with passport when entering from anywhere in the UK or no access to the country.

I'd happily get a flight out the country to Canada and from Canada to Dublin or hire a rowing boat and get someone to take me and a few mates to some beach off the Atlantic .. just anything ... no danger would any Bluenose want to miss this game

The return game was worse !

It was unthinkable to lose to them, apart from the obvious reasons, but quite simply the quality of irish teams was very poor then.

So 3-2 down and we couldn't score at Ibrox till, I think , couple of minutes from the end. Then got another in extra time. The panic before we scored was unbelievable.

I was at that one. Mates got us a seat on a Cumbernauld bus that picked us up in George Sq. Quite a modern one, think it had a telly. When we got off the ferry at Larne we were all wondering why it was replaced by an old shitey Ulster bus.

On the way home we found out. Every window was panned in as we left Dublin. Luckily we had stopped in Belfast for a few hours before the game and picked up some Belfast boys cos they seemed to be more aware telling us to take the seats and put them against the windows before we left. Seem to recall it took a lot longer to get out of Dublin than getting in it. Almost like the guarda were giving us a tour of every shitty part of the city.

As for the game itself they had erected huge fences to keep the crowd in but some kept trying to climb them, some successfully.

After the game guarda chased us all to our buses, hitting us with truncheons as we got in saying get into yer bus ya British bastard. They then stood outside it till we left, one spitting at the window and another kept blessing himself. Then as I said a trip thru every nook and cranny in dublin where we kept getting ambushed. They were also waiting for us in other towns.

One thing sticks out was after we crossed the border, the first guy to give us the vicky was a polis guy directing the traffic ! Guess that was a hint of things to come.

All in all an eventful trip !

I was on the Cumbernauld Loyal that trip too back in September 84. Picked me up a Millerston on the way through. Remember stopping off in Sandy Row that day and getting bladdered before we switch onto the old Ulster bus. I never knew why the seats where removable. Soon found out right after leaving Dalymount Park and the Garda sent us down towards the mob waiting for us at the bottom of the road. Bricks , bottles being pelted at us. We got the command to baton down the hatches and everyone got the seats up at the windows as barricades. The UB drivers where immense , how they could drive through that i will never know and then we literally drove through the bandit country roads with no lights on! I had broken glass in my hair and clothes for ages afterwards.

Inside the ground I remember an oil drum getting dropped on riot police from above the terracing entranc, a Garda getting cornered at the fence and a plain clothes cop run across the park and pull a pistol to make the guys giving the cop a kicking back off. A tricolour was then set a light in the Rangers end but they couldn't get a Union Jack to burn!

Then the return leg at Ibrox we thought it was all going to build up again and sogave them the full Broomloan stand and they literally had 30 fans with them ! Late goal I think got us through .

Them where the days .

The return game was worse !

It was unthinkable to lose to them, apart from the obvious reasons, but quite simply the quality of irish teams was very poor then.

So 3-2 down and we couldn't score at Ibrox till, I think , couple of minutes from the end. Then got another in extra time. The panic before we scored was unbelievable.

I remember that. They had the full Broomloan end and they brought about 30 people!

I was on the Cumbernauld Loyal that trip too back in September 84. Picked me up a Millerston on the way through. Remember stopping off in Sandy Row that day and getting bladdered before we switch onto the old Ulster bus. I never knew why the seats where removable. Soon found out right after leaving Dalymount Park and the Garda sent us down towards the mob waiting for us at the bottom of the road. Bricks , bottles being pelted at us. We got the command to baton down the hatches and everyone got the seats up at the windows as barricades. The UB drivers where immense , how they could drive through that i will never know and then we literally drove through the bandit country roads with no lights on! I had broken glass in my hair and clothes for ages afterwards.

Inside the ground I remember an oil drum getting dropped on riot police from above the terracing entranc, a Garda getting cornered at the fence and a plain clothes cop run across the park and pull a pistol to make the guys giving the cop a kicking back off. A tricolour was then set a light in the Rangers end but they couldn't get a Union Jack to burn!

Then the return leg at Ibrox we thought it was all going to build up again and sogave them the full Broomloan stand and they literally had 30 fans with them ! Late goal I think got us through .

Them where the days .

Spot on. Regarding the home game.

Found that, has a little about the match and the minor pitch invasions.

Nothing about the road trip.

Love how the commentator refers to them as The Gypsies :thumbup:

love the video

looks like it was filmed using a hidden camera in a handbag like what the do when they bust people selling booze to under agers :7325:

I thought I'd seen the gun as well ! It was on the trackside at half time ! But none of the guys i was with saw it and saw nothing in the news about it so just thought I'd misread it all. The way i saw it, it was like a decoy because when it happened the riot polis tried to come in at our back ( which is what my mates were watching ) . But they made an arse of it cos the bears threw those yellow oil cans at them and the first row fell causing a domino effect.

Your the only guy that I know that saw the gun . Fuck me for 30 years I would swear it happened with noone to back me up !

Think that was bus I was on . Did it pick up at George Sq at 4-5 morning. I was with 5 guys from Kildrum.

I was at that one. Mates got us a seat on a Cumbernauld bus that picked us up in George Sq. Quite a modern one, think it had a telly. When we got off the ferry at Larne we were all wondering why it was replaced by an old shitey Ulster bus. On the way home we found out. Every window was panned in as we left Dublin. Luckily we had stopped in Belfast for a few hours before the game and picked up some Belfast boys cos they seemed to be more aware telling us to take the seats and put them against the windows before we left. Seem to recall it took a lot longer to get out of Dublin than getting in it. Almost like the guarda were giving us a tour of every shitty part of the city. As for the game itself they had erected huge fences to keep the crowd in but some kept trying to climb them, some successfully. After the game guarda chased us all to our buses, hitting us with truncheons as we got in saying get into yer bus ya British bastard. They then stood outside it till we left, one spitting at the window and another kept blessing himself. Then as I said a trip thru every nook and cranny in dublin where we kept getting ambushed. They were also waiting for us in other towns. One thing sticks out was after we crossed the border, the first guy to give us the vicky was a polis guy directing the traffic ! Guess that was a hint of things to come. All in all an eventful trip !
I was on the Cumbernauld Loyal that trip too back in September 84. Picked me up a Millerston on the way through. Remember stopping off in Sandy Row that day and getting bladdered before we switch onto the old Ulster bus. I never knew why the seats where removable. Soon found out right after leaving Dalymount Park and the Garda sent us down towards the mob waiting for us at the bottom of the road. Bricks , bottles being pelted at us. We got the command to baton down the hatches and everyone got the seats up at the windows as barricades. The UB drivers where immense , how they could drive through that i will never know and then we literally drove through the bandit country roads with no lights on! I had broken glass in my hair and clothes for ages afterwards. Inside the ground I remember an oil drum getting dropped on riot police from above the terracing entranc, a Garda getting cornered at the fence and a plain clothes cop run across the park and pull a pistol to make the guys giving the cop a kicking back off. A tricolour was then set a light in the Rangers end but they couldn't get a Union Jack to burn! Then the return leg at Ibrox we thought it was all going to build up again and sogave them the full Broomloan stand and they literally had 30 fans with them ! Late goal I think got us through . Them where the days .

you guys need to write a book (tu)

those were the days alright

it's all a bit dull now isn't it

can't even have a decent sing song these days

I thought I'd seen the gun as well ! It was on the trackside at half time ! But none of the guys i was with saw it and saw nothing in the news about it so just thought I'd misread it all. The way i saw it, it was like a decoy because when it happened the riot polis tried to come in at our back ( which is what my mates were watching ) . But they made an arse of it cos the bears threw those yellow oil cans at them and the first row fell causing a domino effect.

Your the only guy that I know that saw the gun . Fuck me for 30 years I would swear it happened with noone to back me up !

Think that was bus I was on . Did it pick up at George Sq at 4-5 morning. I was with 5 guys from Kildrum.

Sorry. That was to you Mabawsa !

you guys need to write a book (tu)

those were the days alright

it's all a bit dull now isn't it

can't even have a decent sing song these days

Sign of the times I'm afraid. Unfortunately they've gone too far tho where singing now can apparently mortally wound someone. At that age you seem indestructible but I wouldn't go there now.