Synthetic surface for Ibrox?

MisterC

Anyone else agree Rangers should get a synthetic pitch at Ibrox? With all the improvements in synthetic surfaces there is no reason why we shouldnt and also means the pitch can be utilised for other games without the worry that the park will get cut up. The surface at Ibrox aint the best quite frankly, and it seems season after season there are gripes about it and rightly so.

With a synthetic pitch it may encourage the team to get the ball down and play it on the deck instead of worrying about bobbles and just hoofing it first time as we see all too often, if it helps us play better soccer surely thats a good thing.

Spare me as well all the pish that it damages knees etc. Nonsense, if your body is used to playing and training on such surfaces then the effects wont be as bad, if felt at all. Spare me the pish about tradition to play on grass as well, football wise we need to join the modern world and this is one way to do so.

I think this is something the club should think about and isnt the worst idea out there, thoughts please folks....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is the bears den but not really getting the negativity here guys. The pitch doesnt get enough sunlight as it is and also because of where the ground is located it does get a lot of rainwater on and underneath which affects the surface so I was told once. Synthetic is the way ahead and time we joined the party.

I know this is the bears den but not really getting the negativity here guys. The pitch doesnt get enough sunlight as it is and also because of where the ground is located it does get a lot of rainwater on and underneath which affects the surface so I was told once. Synthetic is the way ahead and time we joined the party.

How about having a pond as well,then you can fish while watching the game?

"The surface at Ibrox aint the best quite frankly" well that is a lot of crap. The best in Scotland throughout the year and to say it doesn't get sunlight isn't really a problem with those heat lights

Anyone else agree Rangers should get a synthetic pitch at Ibrox? With all the improvements in synthetic surfaces there is no reason why we shouldnt and also means the pitch can be utilised for other games without the worry that the park will get cut up. The surface at Ibrox aint the best quite frankly, and it seems season after season there are gripes about it and rightly so.

With a synthetic pitch it may encourage the team to get the ball down and play it on the deck instead of worrying about bobbles and just hoofing it first time as we see all too often, if it helps us play better soccer surely thats a good thing.

Spare me as well all the pish that it damages knees etc. Nonsense, if your body is used to playing and training on such surfaces then the effects wont be as bad, if felt at all. Spare me the pish about tradition to play on grass as well, football wise we need to join the modern world and this is one way to do so.

I think this is something the club should think about and isnt the worst idea out there, thoughts please folks....

don't see why not, have played on a 4g pitch regularly for over 2 years now and love it, would also give us a greater advantage in home games as our players would be used to playing on it

Yes. and lets get cheerleaders, shitey big pointy finger hands you see at the wrestling, yank baseball atmosphere where we can all sing "lets go Rangers, Let go!", bagels with cheese at the food outlets and an advert on TV every 90 seconds if the game is shown live. NO FFS

Granted I'm only a youth coach, but synthetic turf is still not good enough for Rangers level players. Still too many injuries on Turf. I've been coaching in New Jersey for last 10 years and although there have been great improvement with Turf, I wouldn't want hi-priced players(assets) playing on it day in and day out. Just my opinion.....