Hillsborough - Panorama

That was sickening watching those poor fans on the pitch.

I did notice however loads of fans climbing over the turnstiles from outside before the fateful gates were opened.

That wasn't mentioned in the programme.

Clearly the policing outside was insufficient to prevent people clambering over the turnstile roofs.

They had to open one of the exit gates to relieve the crushing outside on the street. . Unfortunately when they went through, the entrance to the central area of terracing was still open even though it was full up. Everyone steamed in instead of going to the side pens which were still half empty. Tragic.

I spotted a few Rangers shirts in the Liverpool crowd. In the early footage of people coming onto the pitch is a guy wearing our diagonal half and half away strip (red and white) and in the footage of people in top tier lifting folk up out of the terracing you can see a guy wearing our blue home kit.

They had to open one of the exit gates to relieve the crushing outside on the street. . Unfortunately when they went through, the entrance to the central area of terracing was still open even though it was full up. Everyone steamed in instead of going to the side pens which were still half empty. Tragic.

I spotted a few Rangers shirts in the Liverpool crowd. In the early footage of people coming onto the pitch is a guy wearing our diagonal half and half away strip (red and white) and in the footage of people in top tier lifting folk up out of the terracing you can see a guy wearing our blue home kit.

I was there and a plenty of Rangers Fans had made there way down. I had tickets for Leppings Lane and went with my girlfriend who was only 5ft 2 ins so decided to try and swap them for stand seats. I had stood directly behind that goal before in 1980 and ended up pinned on a barrier. Had to raise myself up to stop my stomach being crushed and ended up with he skin being ripped off my bones on my hips. Other fans had experienced similar problems and the deficiencies of that terrace were well known. We stood outside The South Stand from 2pm until 2.45 pm to try and swap the terrace tickets for stand seats because I knew my girlfriend would at best see nothing of the game. She asked why anyone would want to swap but I convinced her someone would. Was about to give up when we managed to swap for the North Stand. No idea what happened to those that took our tickets. If anyone wants a first hand account I am more than willing to oblige.