Season ticket renewal

Season Ticket renewal  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be renewing your season ticket regardless of the current boardroom situation?

• Yes, unconditionally
    • No, I will be holding off
    • Yes, unconditionally if I had a ST
    • No, i'd be holding off even if I had a ST
    • Not renewing for other reasons

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall be renewing although I wonder why after dragging myself and my lad 180 miles to Ibrox on cold winter's days to watch the dire performances in January and February accompanied by equally dire atmospheres. Sometimes loyalty defies logic.

And that is the point in a nutshell.

'Though the streets(straits) be broad and narrow then follow we will' I think is how the current situation should be looked at. I can understand if people are going on a game by game basis but to just stop going has never entered my head.

I was surprised as well. I can understand a nominal fee for the non-exec directors as they are all financially secure anyway. They get expenses on top as well. I'm disappointed that Smith, Murray and Hart are taking such sums. Don't know much about Cartmell and Smart to be honest although I doubt that RFC money will make much difference to them.

Did Murray not leave a well paid job at Man U to come to us?

And I'm guessing the money that Hart is taking is part of his "profit" on his investment. I certainly hope it is.

I was surprised as well. I can understand a nominal fee for the non-exec directors as they are all financially secure anyway. They get expenses on top as well. I'm disappointed that Smith, Murray and Hart are taking such sums. Don't know much about Cartmell and Smart to be honest although I doubt that RFC money will make much difference to them.

And I'm guessing the money that Hart is taking is part of his "profit" on his investment. I certainly hope it is.

Not renewing till McCoist fucks off

I can't stand his football. Unbearable.

I suppose that makes me not a real supporter :rolleyes:

If you have the money to renew but choose not to because we aren't playing well then yes I believe that makes you less of a supporter, we need to stick together through the toughest period in our history. We knew it wouldn't be easy but if we are all in it together we will come out stronger.

If you have the money to renew but choose not to because we aren't playing well then yes I believe that makes you less of a supporter, we need to stick together through the toughest period in our history. We knew it wouldn't be easy but if we are all in it together we will come out stronger.

There is no way I am paying £300 to watch mccoist play 4/5/1 at home against part timers. He does not have a clue on how to motivate a team, adapt different formations or muster a decent set piece. Playing players out of formation all the time. My pet hate of having 11 players in our own box defending a corner etc etc etc

Sorry, but thats not for me. When we get a football manager in as our manager I will be back in a heartbeat

I've had my season book since 1985.Im now 42 what else am I going to do.Rangers have filled the majority of my life more than any bird has.They have come and gone.Rangers are still there.I understand guys reasons and agree with loads of them but I can't turn my back on Rangers never have never will.

Malcolm Murray hasn't been involved with Man Utd since the early 90s. Even then, I think he just had stewardship of some shareholding rather than an actual job.

There is no way I am paying £300 to watch mccoist play 4/5/1 at home against part timers. He does not have a clue on how to motivate a team, adapt different formations or muster a decent set piece. Playing players out of formation all the time. My pet hate of having 11 players in our own box defending a corner etc etc etc

Sorry, but thats not for me. When we get a football manager in as our manager I will be back in a heartbeat

Fair does, like I said, we knew it wouldn't be easy, I just wish we could all stick by our players and management for the next couple of years, things will get better

To be fair, I think he's just trying to copy what worked for Walter. He just doesn't have the same calibre of player. And in the words of Jock Wallace 'if I found a player that needs motivated I'd get rid of the bastard'.

To be fair, I think he's just trying to copy what worked for Walter. He just doesn't have the same calibre of player. And in the words of Jock Wallace 'if I found a player that needs motivated I'd get rid of the bastard'.

Well they are all in for a shock then because just finishing above the mhanky mob every season isn't good enough any more.

Undecided. Bought mines for my 6th year running last season and only attended a handful of matches due to personal circumstances. With all the shit going on I'm not sure yet if I'd rather just pay for the matches I can make instead of buying a season ticket. Saying that my seat was filled 90% of the time by someone for free.

What I find depressing is the number of posters who are considering or have decided not to renew their STs or not to go at all. Frankly, I couldn't begin to imagine life without the Gers. The football was horrendous last year, that is true. I don't rate Ally as manager, that is true. I'm sick of the Boardroom crap, that is true. Not renewing my 3 season tickets has never crossed my mind. The football will improve, the manager will either improve or be replaced, the boardroom crap will end eventually. Rangers FC will continue though and I'll be there after the current players, manager and board members have gone ( my own longevity permitting).

Rangers 'til I die.

This should be a sticky

Include an option for not renewing due to - the poor football last season and some poor signings this summer.

That's actually a fair shout. Bothers me more than the boardroom stuff. Still renewing tho.

Still be renewing no matter what. Living down south just now and will hardly make any games but will still be showing support. Might not agree with Jon Daly signing or the boardroom struggles or whatever else but let's get right behind Ally this year.

Everyone has their opinions on him as a manager but he deserves our full support this year and we can judge him after this season.

Ill still go to all the aways just going to pick and choose what Ibrox games I go to

When McCoist goes ill consider another season book but even then if its still handwringers and happy clappers as bad as it was last year I'll probs no bother

New agers make it clear people like me aren't welcome at Ibrox this day and age they will get their wish - when we started out in division 3 it was a real chance to push on and get a core support ready and all guns blazing but we've went backwards and turned into loads of wee fannies as a support

You are entitled to your view mate. If it was based solely on the fact of the teams performance then I wouldn't blame you, it has been difficult to watch, however you call the people who will renew, "wee fannies" and new agers, yet some of us have been supporters a long time. Do you not think that maybe, some of us have the intelligence to know that you cannot get away with the signing policy we once had, if you support the team because you think it should be protestants only then I am surprised you didn't top yourself when we signed Mo Johnson ...lol

You are entitled to your view mate. If it was based solely on the fact of the teams performance then I wouldn't blame you, it has been difficult to watch, however you call the people who will renew, "wee fannies" and new agers, yet some of us have been supporters a long time. Do you not think that maybe, some of us have the intelligence to know that you cannot get away with the signing policy we once had, if you support the team because you think it should be protestants only then I am surprised you didn't top yourself when we signed Mo Johnson ...lol

Go no problem with Catholics playing for Rangers

My gripes are everything I mentioned - it makes Ibrox unbearable for me. I'm a loyalist first and foremost and that & Rangers used to go hand in hand so when the heart of it gets ripped out of Ibrox by hand wringers and new agers it gets to the point it's not as enjoyable and McCoist doesn't help matters - I know atmosphere wise Ibrox has been shite for almost 20 years but I've noticed another big change recently for the worst

As I said I'll still go to the aways as I enjoy them more. Still a Rangers fan for life but if no one gives a fuck for supporters like me then I'm going to be selfish and start picking and choosing my Ibrox games

I mean Walter is a millionaire on the back of the club and Ian Hart is not short of a bob or two, one would have to imagine murray also with his career background also.

mince - Walter is a millionaire because he used his talents for the club - he was privileged to manage us but we were privileged to have him. it's not like he did fk all for his cash!

mince - Walter is a millionaire because he used his talents for the club - he was privileged to manage us but we were privileged to have him. it's not like he did fk all for his cash!

Now a year ago you said I was some stupid fuckin idiot that bashed out stuff on a keyboard and would run to the big brother I don't have, if for what you referred to if someone was going to threaten me.

I am heart sick of you, and the fact that I let you away with things is that I don't know if it's your dyslexia or the fact you don't read post.............Walter loves the cash and that's a fact to take money out of the club for the little he does is a fucking disgrace............so you go and take a fuck to yourself as you never make a point unless getting at someone, I would be pleased to meet you at that hotel you said you always go to, you know the one that you said you would have your drink and sandwich as you laughed at guys protesting outside the BBC.

As for privileged to have Walter as manager what a load of crap that is, we as fans should never be privileged they who come to the club should be privileged. You really are such a fud, as I said would be delighted to meet you next season.

Now a year ago you said I was some stupid fuckin idiot that bashed out stuff on a keyboard and would run to the big brother I don't have, if for what you referred to if someone was going to threaten me.

I am heart sick of you, and the fact that I let you away with things is that I don't know if it's your dyslexia or the fact you don't read post.............Walter loves the cash and that's a fact to take money out of the club for the little he does is a fucking disgrace............so you go and take a fuck to yourself as you never make a point unless getting at someone, I would be pleased to meet you at that hotel you said you always go to, you know the one that you said you would have your drink and sandwich as you laughed at guys protesting outside the BBC.

As for privileged to have Walter as manager what a load of crap that is, we as fans should never be privileged they who come to the club should be privileged. You really are such a fud, as I said would be delighted to meet you next season.

you would have to actually attend games to meet me at one!

go back to yer fantasy life - it suits ye better!

I've been a fan of Rangers football club since I was a wee boy .I won't not be renewing as I'm a supporter .I won't not be holding off as I'm a supporter .I won't not be waiting till any meetings have taken place as I'm a supporter .The club in any guise needs my contributions in the way of my season ticket money .As soon as they require my money I'll be the first one outside the door .Hardship or no hardship .

I know I should care about the boardroom antics before I renew my 2 ST's but I support The Rangers irrespective of who's in charge, that's why I'll renew and why I bought shares, simply because my club/our club needs all the money it can get to help in the rebuilding. :7325: