Jon Daly Signs

FORWARD Jon Daly will play for Rangers next season after agreeing a two-year contract with the club effective from September 1.

The striker, who can also play in central defence, is the third new player to commit himself to the club following Cammy Bell on Wednesday and Nicky Law earlier today.

Daly has spent the last six and a half years playing in the SPL for Dundee United, scoring 70 goals for the Arabs in all competitions.

Three of them have been against the Light Blues, including the second in his team’s 3-0 Scottish Cup victory at Tannadice in February.

Now aged 30, Dublin-born Daly started his career with Stockport and had extensive experience in England’s lower leagues before he moved north of the border in 2007.

He has also played for Bury, Grimsby and Hartlepool, grabbing 108 career goals in total so far.

Daly found the net 15 times for United in the most recent campaign including two in the Scottish Cup semi-final meeting with Celtic and made 44 appearances in 2012/13.

The versatile Irishman will give his first interviews since agreeing to join Rangers tomorrow and we will have reaction from him right here on the club website.

We’ll also have an exclusive interview with Daly on the club’s official TV channel RangersTV and you can subscribe by clicking HERE now.

We’ve also got an interview there with incoming midfielder Law and updates from the Hong Kong Soccer Sevens, where Gers youth and veterans teams are competing.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/4022-daly-next-in-at-gers

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two bits of good news in one day, my head is spinning. It could only get better if the constables were to kick in the doors of a certain ground in the east end to do with serious fraud and league fixing.

Guess I'll just have to stick with the two new signings though a man can dream can't he?

Welcome to Rangers to both players.

Well he's a Rangers player now, so welcome also.

I just hope he can up his goal scoring ration as I wouldn't call him the most prolific goal getter around, and in his case, as an older player, I'd say he's certainly here for the money.

I just hope he earns it and he doesn't get the fans on his back, even more than some might be already.

Yeah, Ill go along with the general consensus. 3 real good prospects signed up already and this is us warming up. Great also to see an improvement in the way these deals have been concluded. Couple of good news days for us Bears - Enjoy!