Rangers win Div 2 - Jon Daly celebrates scenario....

rfc_watp

Just amazed I've no had anyone expect me go down to the TV studios, take the clip out the archives, come home and upload it for proof - like you've got nothing better to do than make stuff up - wish he wasn't a boyhood tarrier

Until now ;):sherlock:

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pish. Scoring goals and performing on the park is what is important. If he does a job and conducts himself in the right way he gets my support.

The Tradition which was important to Rangers fans in the 20's/50's/70's still means a lot to some of us now and I don't believe that should be foresaken, not by myself in any case

I respect others opinions but don't feel uncomfortable with my own outlook - being a Rangers fan has never been shameful, why then should we let go of the past then if that is what shaped our club?

The Tradition which was important to Rangers fans in the 20's/50's/70's still means a lot to some of us now and I don't believe that should be foresaken, not by myself in any case

I respect others opinions but don't feel uncomfortable with my own outlook - being a Rangers fan has never been shameful, why then should we let go of the past then if that is what shaped our club?

did the 4 lads that had a dream, establish Rangers with sectarianism in mind or what we latterly stated were traditions....the answer btw is No....so in fact our real and founding tradition was that of an inclusive club!

did the 4 lads that had a dream, establish Rangers with sectarianism in mind or what we latterly stated were traditions....the answer btw is No....so in fact our real and founding tradition was that of an inclusive club!

Exactly.

No offence but how would you know what they thought?

That is just supposition

What made us a great club though was our unity, that much I do know - a common belief in social standards and sport entwined as one that set us apart from every other Scottish club. Call it a superiority complex/syndrome if you wish, I'm happy with that

I'm not trying to convince others to see it my way, just stating that there are lots of people I know who think similarly to what I do. Sometimes folk feel awkward explaining how they see it due to the PC brigade etc.

Because its unacceptable now. It's bigoted, no matter how you dress it up.

Should Russian teams still discriminate against black players? They have been historically white teams, and have a history of bad behaviour to black players. Not acceptable in my opinion.

Should Russian teams still discriminate against black players? They have been historically white teams, and have a history of bad behaviour to black players. Not acceptable in my opinion.

I thought they still did?

IIRC Zenit were one of the worst offenders with some fannies among the racists in their support demanding 'no black players'. I understand they now have a couple of black players in their team.

Reckon all players should be judged on what they do, or don't do, on the field of play. Simples.

Suitable for Rangers is whoever is good enough for Rangers. If Symon or Struth saw a striker who would get our team 30 goals a season, would they knock him back because of his passport? I certainly hope not.

So how many rc players did Mr Struth or Mr Symon sign?

We hold both these managers as shining lights on our club.

Are we now to think they were bigots by signing non rc players? Or will you say there were none good enough at their times of management?

Flag or no flag. If he does the business he deserves to celebrate. Dont we have a dublin r.s.c? No to terrorism or offensive banners. Flags?? Who gives a toss? If a flag ruins your day then its pretty sad

The Dublin RSC aren't Celtic supporting taigs, and they fly the St Patricks Cross flag so no idea why they keep getting brought into this

I started the thread and think I should end it, its been argued to the death.

Jon Daly shouldnt fly his countrys flag at Ibrox out of respect to a large majority of our support who object to it.

Rightly or wrongly, its associated with that mob across the city and thats why it shouldnt be done.

If anyone is accusing another of being bigoted and narrow minded then thats utter nonsense. Everyone in this thread has said that theyd support him when he pulls on the blue jersey, regardless of nationality or religion, so the bigoted jibes are ridiculous. The waving of the tri-colour is a step too far though with regards to the things it represents for them across the city.

The Dublin RSC aren't Celtic supporting taigs, and they fly the St Patricks Cross flag so no idea why they keep getting brought into this

we dont know if daly is a celtic loving taig though do we? Branding all paddys as ira scum is the same as branding all germans nazis or all muslim players suicide bombers.

Its all hypothetical anyway

we dont know if daly is a celtic loving taig though do we? Branding all paddys as ira scum is the same as branding all germans nazis or all muslim players suicide bombers.

Its all hypothetical anyway

He was brought up a Celtic fan and in my personal opinion being raised a Celtic fan in the South of Ireland in the 80s then there's a good chance he's held these views about us and our country before even if he's mellowed out with age and turning professional

That's my opinion

And your right, it's all hypothetical

He was brought up a Celtic fan and in my personal opinion being raised a Celtic fan in the South of Ireland in the 80s then there's a good chance he's held these views about us and our country before even if he's mellowed out with age and turning professional

That's my opinion

And your right, it's all hypothetical PATHETIC

sorted (tu)