Diamonds Are Forever

And so are Rangers. Allegedly.

Rangers, Now, Then & Forever.

But for the older Bears among us the thread title has a link to Bond. Not James Bond, but Ibrox Bond Holders. Who bought into our club with the promise of a seat for life.

Guys like Gary.

Only Gary received an e-mail informing him this will be the last season his seat would be guaranteed. Gary subsequently phoned the club today and pointed out that he had bought his seat for life. He was told by a staff member at our club that his seat had been bought from the oldco and the newco would not be honouring the agreement.

One wonders where to start with this. How about the thousands of Rangers fans who have to suffer daily taunts that “your club is dead”. Our support has laboured tirelessly to dispel this falsehood, quoting several objective official sources which confirm the continuity of our history and of course, our titles.

Of course there was considerable anger inside Ibrox when several players refused to TUPE over to the newco. In fact this very subject is currently the subject of litigation, drawing comments at the time from Charles Green “I'm very, very disappointed of course. “ and "I think this is just opportunism."

Perhaps then those inside Ibrox will understand the “disappointment” of fans who see this latest dishonouring of an agreement with the support as just “opportunism”.

There was considerable mocking of the SFA/SPL when they continually moved the goalposts with regard to oldco and newco. When it suited their agenda we were oldco when it didn’t we were newco. It seems our club are as guilty of this practice as those they criticised for such very action.

I sure someone familiar with corporate or business law will point out what Rangers are doing is within the law. But that doesn't make it right. Particular when it is to the detriment of supporters who by their loyalty have kept this club alive.

The club I supported has become a mere shadow of itself. And that is being generous.

Very generous.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not good at all D'Art however I am not shocked the bond holders are effevtively just creditors to the oldco.

As you say picking and choosing what is transferable as it suits.

We are a long way from the days of Waddell, Wilton and Struth. It will beva very rocky road back all round.

And so are Rangers. Allegedly.

Rangers, Now, Then & Forever.

But for the older Bears among us the thread title has a link to Bond. Not James Bond, but Ibrox Bond Holders. Who bought into our club with the promise of a seat for life.

Guys like Gary.

Only Gary received an e-mail informing him this will be the last season his seat would be guaranteed. Gary subsequently phoned the club today and pointed out that he had bought his seat for life. He was told by a staff member at our club that his seat had been bought from the oldco and the newco would not be honouring the agreement.

One wonders where to start with this. How about the thousands of Rangers fans who have to suffer daily taunts that “your club is dead”. Our support has laboured tirelessly to dispel this falsehood, quoting several objective official sources which confirm the continuity of our history and of course, our titles.

Of course there was considerable anger inside Ibrox when several players refused to TUPE over to the newco. In fact this very subject is currently the subject of litigation, drawing comments at the time from Charles Green “I'm very, very disappointed of course. “ and "I think this is just opportunism."

Perhaps then those inside Ibrox will understand the “disappointment” of fans who see this latest dishonouring of an agreement with the support as just “opportunism”.

There was considerable mocking of the SFA/SPL when they continually moved the goalposts with regard to oldco and newco. When it suited their agenda we were oldco when it didn’t we were newco. It seems our club are as guilty of this practice as those they criticised for such very action.

I sure someone familiar with corporate or business law will point out what Rangers are doing is within the law. But that doesn't make it right. Particular when it is to the detriment of supporters who by their loyalty have kept this club alive.

The club I supported has become a mere shadow of itself. And that is being generous.

Very generous.

If Gary renews his season ticket he can retain the seat. I've lost all my old shares and I don't expect the Club to give me new shares and my old shares cost considerably more than a debenture.

If Gary renews his season ticket he can retain the seat. I've lost all my old shares and I don't expect the Club to give me new shares and my old shares cost considerably more than a debenture.

So did I - but that was something they current custodians could do nothing about. On this occasion they are failing to honour an agreement Gary had with the club formerly.

D'Art, out of the great posts you have contributed ths might yet be your best.

I am not a bond holder but I know of people who have one and quite frankly, we the fans, should force the business AND football board at Ibrox to reconsider as this is simply not acceptable.

There should be some sort of campaign made through the supporters groups to ensure that the board reverse this stance IMMEDIATELY.

This - I really think I must be missing something here

So did I - but that was something they current custodians could do nothing about. On this occasion they are failing to honour an agreement Gary had with the club formerly.

Surely there would only be an issue if he missed a year?

If he renews then he keeps his seat.

Or have I missed something?

Surely there would only be an issue if he missed a year?

If he renews then he keeps his seat.

Or have I missed something?

I'm a bond holder and I received an email from the club telling me basically this is the last season my seat will be kept for me,I never got involved in the creditor stuff ,I never wanted a penny from the club all I wanted was a guarantee my seat that I bought and paid for was mines for life,I phoned the club this afternoon to ask them to clarify were i stood in regards me still owning my seat and to my utter disgust the plonker I was dealing with from customer services had the cheek to tell me I bought the seat from the old co and the newco wasn't honouring the deal,what the fuck my own club using old co newco shit,to say I'm offended at the clubs stance is an understatement.why is the club not honouring the deal with bond holders?

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=253263&st=0

This - I really think I must be missing something here

swally you are missing the point the point ,the club sold fans a seat for life and made millions from it,fans bought the seats because for once you could own part of ibrox that seat was yours something you can pass on to your kids,but I can also see where jcd is coming from regarding being a shareholder and I can understand his point.

swally you are missing the point the point ,the club sold fans a seat for life and made millions from it,fans bought the seats because for once you could own part of ibrox that seat was yours something you can pass on to your kids,but I can also see where jcd is coming from regarding being a shareholder and I can understand his point.

So if he doesn't renew does he want it to lie empty?

I'm obviously a bit thick.

If Gary renews he keeps his seat - If he doesn't the club sell it to someone else?

Yes/No

If this is the same scheme my Grampa is on then with the agreement you can effectively 'miss' a season but still have the seat the next year. If anyone knows, is this the same scheme that gives you the 10% discount under the 'Ready for the future' band?

If this is the same scheme my Grampa is on then with the agreement you can effectively 'miss' a season but still have the seat the next year. If anyone knows, is this the same scheme that gives you the 10% discount under the 'Ready for the future' band?

It would be useful for someone to clarify this with the club before everyone goes bananas.

There is a high likelihood that some brain dead numpty has made this decision without being in possession of all the facts.

I think we are being a bit premature here.

I'm obviously a bit thick.

If Gary renews he keeps his seat - If he doesn't the club sell it to someone else?

Yes/No

Swally are you not concerned that our club appears to be playing the oldco/newco card when the situation suits ?

PS Aside from this I see an old "friend" of our has been using his considerable legal knowledge to tell his disciples our ban on the BBC is breaching SFL rules...#obsessed

It would be useful for someone to clarify this with the club before everyone goes bananas.

There is a high likelihood that some brain dead numpty has made this decision without being in possession of all the facts.

I think we are being a bit premature here.

Not according to Gary - he phoned the club and had it confirmed.

Swally are you not concerned that our club appears to be playing the oldco/newco card when the situation suits ?

PS Aside from this I see an old "friend" of our has been using his considerable legal knowledge to tell his disciples our ban on the BBC is breaching SFL rules...#obsessed

What do they have to gain out of this?

I would like to know at what level this decision was made and I would like to see the wording of the email before judging.

My guess is a representation to the club might clear this up pretty quickly.

And all the panic will be for nothing - again.

Great article dart,you have hit the nail on the head it's time rangers stopped taking the fans for granted and treated us with a bit of respect.fan relations with the club really went downhill under david Murray and its not really recovered ever since