Diamonds Are Forever

As someone who is like Gary and also received the same email, my view is that if they do not continue to give me my allocated for the foreseeable future, they will be minus a season ticket holder. I suffered, like many, lost my shares in the club, through that cunt Whyte and I am still very bitter about it. What the new board have got to realise is that to keep the core support on bard they have to treat us fairly

I take it you weren't going to renew anyway then so it's no loss

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think people have to be realistic about the situation. Bondholders can keep their seats if they renew their season tickets annually. Whyte has screwed us all, the few thousand bondholders and the 26,000 shareholders. We have ALL lost our investment, it is that simple. The business side of things has changed and we all have to accept that fact. None of us are happy about the situation but it is due to that cretin Whyte.

As someone who is like Gary and also received the same email, my view is that if they do not continue to give me my allocated for the foreseeable future, they will be minus a season ticket holder. I suffered, like many, lost my shares in the club, through that cunt Whyte and I am still very bitter about it. What the new board have got to realise is that to keep the core support on bard they have to treat us fairly

You'll need to change your screen name then to "Used to be always blue"

Not sure whether I read that email wrong but seems to me if you didn't renew last season you only have one more chance to secure your seat, if you secure it it continues as normal under normal season ticket rules?

If you renew this season and they take away your right to have the same seat the season after then yea that's shit.

It's unfortunate and shit that you have to lose money but we are running at a loss and if we had to reimburse everyone who lost out we would be in the shit.

Hope you keep your seat though.

Not sure whether I read that email wrong but seems to me if you didn't renew last season you only have one more chance to secure your seat, if you secure it it continues as normal under normal season ticket rules?

If you renew this season and they take away your right to have the same seat the season after then yea that's shit.

It's unfortunate and shit that you have to lose money but we are running at a loss and if we had to reimburse everyone who lost out we would be in the shit.

Hope you keep your seat though.

Nobody actually loses money

The bonds were a one off investment in the club many years ago (not 16 btw) - I think when we built the club deck although I may be wrong

Bondholders will still get discounts if they renew their ST

Should the Club also give money back for 'old' shares then?

If they did, I'd imagine we would get most of it back the next day. I don't see the relevance with shares here. How will the club lose money by letting the old bond holders keep their seats for life, as promised?

The relevance is purely agreements made with the former company and the liability of those to the present company. (Im only using previous shares as an example)

I think we should just accept that the old company has gone to the wall. Agreements with that company are null and void.

Time to move on....and I dont believe the new company should pay all outgoings relating to the old company.

I know it doesnt come across as right...but thats life Im afraid.

D'Art - having had this conversation about the Bonds will you retract your statement that the clubs actions are "utterly disgusting"?

Nope I wont for the following reasons Swally :-

(1) Whilst I appreciate that many lost out - in particular shareholders and creditors as highlighted within this thread - I believe this is a slightly different situation. This is the new regime which is forcing this issue - not the old one under Whyte which led to the aforementioned losses

(2) I am extremely disappointed at the club playing the oldco/newco card. What happened to the spirit of 140 years of history ?

(3) I think the timing of this is particularly insensitive. I would imagine there will be fans out there who snapped up shares as a priority believing their seats were guaranteed.

Nope I wont for the following reasons Swally :-

(1) Whilst I appreciate that many lost out - in particular shareholders and creditors as highlighted within this thread - I believe this is a slightly different situation. This is the new regime which is forcing this issue - not the old one under Whyte which led to the aforementioned losses

(2) I am extremely disappointed at the club playing the oldco/newco card. What happened to the spirit of 140 years of history ?

(3) I think the timing of this is particularly insensitive. I would imagine there will be fans out there who snapped up shares as a priority believing their seats were guaranteed.

Fair enough - I think the utterly disgusting expression is well over the top

As for point 3 their seats are guaranteed

All they need to do is renew

And there was nothing in the prospectus about bondholders rights so its not as if they were misled

Fair enough - I think the utterly disgusting expression is well over the top

As for point 3 their seats are guaranteed

All they need to do is renew

And there was nothing in the prospectus about bondholders rights so its not as if they were misled

On another forum an anecdotal example was given of a Bear who is currently working in Australia for a couple of years - but was happy knowing his seat would be safe. Should he renew just to ensure the seat he paid for is kept ?

So there's no issue really as long as he renews?

the issue is you don't own your seat any more,you miss 1 season your seat is gone,I would like the club to explain why they have decided to go down this route,

The relevance is purely agreements made with the former company and the liability of those to the present company. (Im only using previous shares as an example)

I think we should just accept that the old company has gone to the wall. Agreements with that company are null and void.

Time to move on....and I dont believe the new company should pay all outgoings relating to the old company.

I know it doesnt come across as right...but thats life Im afraid.

That's the whole point. What would we be losing by letting the bond holders keep their seat rights? The club wouldn't actually lose any cash, unless they plan to sell the bonds again, which would be outrageous. I'm sure it's water-tight by law, but sometimes the loyalty should work both ways. It's poor, no matter what way you look at it.

the issue is you don't own your seat any more,you miss 1 season your seat is gone,I would like the club to explain why they have decided to go down this route,

I thought the email said if you hadn't renewed last year they will give you one more chance.

Could you not get someone to renew in your name any time it's not possible?

I thought the email said if you hadn't renewed last year they will give you one more chance.

Could you not get someone to renew in your name any time it's not possible?

i can renew ,but my point is if I don't renew that's my seat gone,I just can't see what benefit the club gets out of this,if a bond holder decides not to renew,the club were able to sell that persons seat for the season but the seat would revert back to the bond holder for the next season.i would like the club to explain why they have taken this coarse of action because in my opinion the club have used the same excuse the traitors used

On another forum an anecdotal example was given of a Bear who is currently working in Australia for a couple of years - but was happy knowing his seat would be safe. Should he renew just to ensure the seat he paid for is kept ?

Lots of people renew and can't take up the seat for a variety of reasons (distance from Ibrox being one)

I know plenty who do it and the ST gets kept in Scotland and used by friends or family

I really don't see the problem tbh

Yes the Club are within their rights to do this......................but Goodwill is a way to overcome this and the Club are moving towards a situation by their own making that they will be seeking Goodwill from us again and soon very soon.

What in monetary terms will it cost the Club? I would suggest nothing in terms of Goodwill that would go beyond the Bond Holders, who I have no doubt will/would be renewing their season ticket anyway.

Another good piece D'Art - keep up[ the good work.

Whatever the outcome, the club should not use 'that was the oldco' shite.

Customer services should apologise and send the guy responsible for the comment on a 'training' course.

'We are the same club with history unbroken' when it comes to 'buy your season tickets now'

But - want a refund or otherwise? apparently 'that was the oldco' - utter shite and disappointing that our club has adopted tactics more akin to the east end.

Another good piece D'Art - keep up[ the good work.

Whatever the outcome, the club should not use 'that was the oldco' shite.

Customer services should apologise and send the guy responsible for the comment on a 'training' course.

'We are the same club with history unbroken' when it comes to 'buy your season tickets now'

But - want a refund or otherwise? apparently 'that was the oldco' - utter shite and disappointing that our club has adopted tactics more akin to the east end.

There is no refund a a available - I wish people would read the facts

There is no refund a a available - I wish people would read the facts

In fairness to Veritas, Swally he has picked up on what I am think is the major concern of the OP - the club playing the oldco/newco card when a particular agenda suits.