Montrose Chairman

Quote from Herald

Montrose chairman: I'm now ready to vote for league reform

Published on 28 May 2013

Montrose chairman Derek Sim has confirmed he will reverse his vote and back league reconstruction plans - and believes other lower-league chiefs will do the same.

Plans for a merger of the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League were thrown into doubt last week when a split amongst SFL clubs threatened to sink the proposal.

Just 16 clubs gave the scheme the thumbs up in an informal ballot last Thursday, with Montrose and 12 others voting 'no' amid anger over voting rights and financial distribution.

They ain't voting for 12-12-18, thats dead, they are voting for a single body to control Scottish football. There is a parachute payment for the first division, think they wanted this split between all the clubs, SPL Club they say no. think there was something about the vote split as well, they wanted to adjust the weighting so that the 1st division and SPL had more say. We do not get a vote. <cr>

Montrose and their chairman have no credibility in my eyes after they took the piss out of Rangers in their programme for their first home game against us.

they can fuck off

The chairman is Gers friendly and he apologised profusely about the programme. He was totally embarrassed by that event.

As for the change of heart, it is looking like these clubs have little alternative. Perhaps they think it easier to get change from within than without.

"League reconstruction" They are a joke calling it that. It's not about the league or the game, it's about money.

The no mark clubs are getting more money. then the SPL or whatever they want to be called will invite Rangers into SPL2, if we accept, then it benefits the rest of the no marks in the SPL and there tv money will be safe.

Rangers better not fucking accept it!

Reconstruction is on and off more times than a toaster. Past caring. Scottish football has no leadership and is embarrassing

This... Fully agree... I am now just wanting to turn up at Ibrox and support our Rangers against whoever. When it comes to away games I shall choose carefully which games I attend, I will not be contributing financially to any Club that has used our recent troubles as an excuse to put the proverbial boot in. RTV will do nicely instead.

"League reconstruction" They are a joke calling it that. It's not about the league or the game, it's about money.

The no mark clubs are getting more money. then the SPL or whatever they want to be called will invite Rangers into SPL2, if we accept, then it benefits the rest of the no marks in the SPL and there tv money will be safe.

Rangers will accept it.

Surely such a group, (SPL), with their strong views on "sporting integrity", would not allow such a thing to happen!, I mean , after all the fuss about "sporting integrity" it just wouldn't be sporting for a team to be fast tracked up two divisions leaving teams in those divisions behind.

We should make our way up the proper way, by working our way through the divisions, that way there can be no accusations of lack of sporting integrity, preferential treatment, etc., levied at Rangers.

What could possibly be their reasons for inviting Rangers to be fast tracked I wonder?

Let them worry about their own finances, crowds, sponsorships etc.,