Another slant on the Odious Creep's article on Jon Daly..

Taig tolerant is a better phrase

And what does that mean exactly? How are we supposed to react? Burn Tricolours outside Ibrox? We are signing a Irish footballer who is catholic and reportedly (only on RM as far as i can see) a celtic fan but the truth is nobody really knows, i cant see what good people are doing by throwing words like taig lover or handwringer about except ailenaiting yourselves from others and looking way out of touch with the rest of the world. Its not the 1970s anymore and football is a global sport not a parochial Scotland/Northern Ireland thing where the grievences of the fathers are passed onto the sons and so on and so forth. I like you, your direct and say what you think a bit like CG but sometimes i wonder what world you think we live in.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what does that mean exactly? How are we supposed to react? Burn Tricolours outside Ibrox? We are signing a Irish footballer who is catholic and reportedly (only on RM as far as i can see) a celtic fan but the truth is nobody really knows, i cant see what good people are doing by throwing words like taig lover or handwringer about except ailenaiting yourselves from others and looking way out of touch with the rest of the world. Its not the 1970s anymore and football is a global sport not a parochial Scotland/Northern Ireland thing where the grievences of the fathers are passed onto the sons and so on and so forth. I like you, your direct and say what you think a bit like CG but sometimes i wonder what world you think we live in.

Point well and truly proven, your exactly like the rest and you don't know it,

Thats it? Thats your response im a taig lover because i dont hate real Irish people? Wow, just wow.

No, not a taig lover - taig tolerant

Everything you said in that last comment confirms it to me

I won't tell anyone what outlooks to have though, your entitled the same way I'm entitled to think a lot of the fans on this forum are soft when it comes to accepting that lot in this day and age

It actually depresses me, but I then snap out of it when I remind myself they are nothing like any Rangers fan I know in real life

Wait a minute.

We invite the fuckers in to our country. We feed them. We clothe them. We house them.

But we hate them?

The truth is that any resentment towards Catholics in this country is only born out of their lack of gratitude of our hospitality. I defy any body of people to have their kindness spat back in their face and not feel some kind of anger about it.

Also I should mention their betrayal of our trust by their actions involving children and other corrupt behaviour, that they have the cheek to deny ever taking part in.

You're confusing 'Irish' with Catholicism.

We were all RC's before the Reformation.

Go back far enough and a goodly proportion of our distant ancestors came from Ireland.

Skimpy stuff.

You're confusing 'Irish' with Catholicism.

We were all RC's before the Reformation.

Go back far enough and a goodly proportion of our distant ancestors came from Ireland.

Skimpy stuff.

Yeah, but it's not "before the reformation" now is it

I don't think anyone in here has a problem with your average Catholic anyway, this is a myth - Catholics are different to taigs

No, not a taig lover - taig tolerant

Everything you said in that last comment confirms it to me

I won't tell anyone what outlooks to have though, your entitled the same way I'm entitled to think a lot of the fans on this forum are soft when it comes to accepting that lot in this day and age

It actually depresses me, but I then snap out of it when I remind myself they are nothing like any Rangers fan I know in real life

Fair enough as i dont want to fall out with you you can think your way and I'll think mine, i will say this though you will find yourself in a ever decreasing minority as people realise that football and especialy footballers dont much care who they play for or who was right or wrong in past wars, they play for the money and perhaps a few enlightened ones play to win trophys but football has changed, partly for the better and alot for the worse. Now wheres that inflateable shamrock gone................ :pipe:

Fair enough as i dont want to fall out with you you can think your way and I'll think mine, i will say this though you will find yourself in a ever decreasing minority as people realise that football and especialy footballers dont much care who they play for or who was right or wrong in past wars, they play for the money and perhaps a few enlightened ones play to win trophys but football has changed, partly for the better and alot for the worse. Now wheres that inflateable shamrock gone................ :pipe:

Oh don't don't get me wrong i know less people think my way these days, but there's still enough of us and I honestly think I'm right when it comes down to it. Maybe a wee bit ignorant in the eyes of others but your own personal outlook is shaped on what you've seen, witnessed, experienced and who you believe when it comes to telling you things.

People seem to think the majority of the Irish people have moved on and don't hate our club, country etc - I know for a fact that's utter bollocks. But the taig tolerant ones on here can think and believe what they want if it makes them feel like good progressive minded people in the 21 st century. Just think they are wrong

Oh don't don't get me wrong i know less people think my way these days, but there's still enough of us and I honestly think I'm right when it comes down to it. Maybe a wee bit ignorant in the eyes of others but your own personal outlook is shaped on what you've seen, witnessed, experienced and who you believe when it comes to telling you things.

People seem to think the majority of the Irish people have moved on and don't hate our club, country etc - I know for a fact that's utter bollocks. But the taig tolerant ones on here can think and believe what they want if it makes them feel like good progressive minded people in the 21 st century. Just think they are wrong

Thats all our rights to believe what we want to, i personally have no truck with any religon i think they are all outdated and cause humanity far more problems than they solve, but thats a whole other debate. I certainly hope Dalys a good player for all the fuss hes caused :)

Thats all our rights to believe what we want to, i personally have no truck with any religon i think they are all outdated and cause humanity far more problems than they solve, but thats a whole other debate. I certainly hope Dalys a good player for all the fuss hes caused :)

Fair enough mate but just for clarity I'm not talking about religion

'Taig lover' and 'taig tolerant'? What the f**k does that sound like to you?

??? If your talking to me it's exactly as it says on the tin - read through the majority of replies in the Daly tricolour thread and tell me those two terms don't apply to a lot of the people posting in that thread

.There is a new generation, a generation that want to embrace anything that will help them to be loved in the media or by other supporters.

Not once did I suggest putting the club's reputation into jeopardy, I mean the fans that are coming in their pants at the fact we've signed an Irishman because of his nationality rather than questioning whether we should be spending money like that in the first place.

The type of fans who can't wait to see a tricolour waved at Ibrox, not because they have Irish blood but because they want everyone to love Rangers fans , people hate us because we're successful, nothing else.

We could fly tricolours from the masts at Ibrox with a team full of catholics and the media would slate our blue seats.

The handwringer love-in is embarrassing.

I can't believe you just typed such utter drivel - you struck me has having more sense.

I don't care about Daly's religion but there is no way I could abide with Stokes' politics. There is a difference.

You can choose your politics, and to a certain extent your religion as an adult, but you can't choose your ethnic origin. When I hear the phrase 'taig lover' etc it reminds me of a phrase I heard growing up which usually began with a 'n' or a 'p' - that's why it rings alarm bells for me. To be fair I maybe a lot older than the person whose comment I referred to so it may not have that history for him.

It most certainly is a two way street...........

You only need to look at the John Collins situation to see the Scottish Kaffliks are every bit if not more bitter than their Irish counterparts.

Basically Collins was approached to sign for Rangers when he played for Hibs his family swore the would disown him if he signed for the Gers so he never came and he wasn't the first to do that and wont be the last.

This is so true of many players we tried to sign. Also the abuse Spenny took for being a catholic rangers player NEVER gets mentioned in the press. Fuck sake mojo could barely walk safely around Glasgow twenty years on. Fact is the oh so not so silent minority are the real bigots. Not the indigenous population.

.There is a new generation, a generation that want to embrace anything that will help them to be loved in the media or by other supporters.

Not once did I suggest putting the club's reputation into jeopardy, I mean the fans that are coming in their pants at the fact we've signed an Irishman because of his nationality rather than questioning whether we should be spending money like that in the first place.

The type of fans who can't wait to see a tricolour waved at Ibrox, not because they have Irish blood but because they want everyone to love Rangers fans , people hate us because we're successful, nothing else.

We could fly tricolours from the masts at Ibrox with a team full of catholics and the media would slate our blue seats.

The handwringer love-in is embarrassing.

i usually agree with a lot you have to say. But this post is just bonkers mate. Point me towards a single serious post where someone says any of the shite in that post.

Cant wait to see tricolours, handwringer love in doh.

Pretty much every post i see from the "handwringers" say they dont care, none that i have seen have said that they want the flag waved because they want to be loved

Total crap.

i usually agree with a lot you have to say. But this post is just bonkers mate. Point me towards a single serious post where someone says any of the shite in that post.

Cant wait to see tricolours, handwringer love in doh.

Pretty much every post i see from the "handwringers" say they dont care, none that i have seen have said that they want the flag waved because they want to be loved

Total crap.

One or two said they would wave it themself

I think Bombay is spot on tbh maybe he could have worded it diff but agree with his gist

One or two said they would wave it themself

I think Bombay is spot on tbh maybe he could have worded it diff but agree with his gist

i was one of the people saying i would wave it. And anyone with any sense at all would know i and others were being sarcastic.

FFS do you actually honestly believe that us signing daly is gonna result in a ton of bears suddenly flying tricolours at Ibrox, if you do then yu have way less sense than i have given you credit for.

i was one of the people saying i would wave it. And anyone with any sense at all would know i and others were being sarcastic.

FFS do you actually honestly believe that us signing daly is gonna result in a ton of bears suddenly flying tricolours at Ibrox, if you do then yu have way less sense than i have given you credit for.

I wasnt referring to your sarcastic comment

And no, that won't happen but the very fact people hint at it and welcome the thought of Daly jumping about with a tricolour grates on some people you have to accept that

Nobody is welcoming it mate. Most just do not care.

You are confusing lack of caring with taig loving mate.

I hate them and everything they stand for, but i wont get all up in arms about a guy flying the flag if his country....not that he would anyway, i believe he has more sense than that, and would not want to futher alienate himself from a section of our support.