Union Bears Season 2012/13

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good atmosphere but top many silly neds disgracing the club with banners and protesting. Releasing statements about Green etc.

Agree with the first part and partly the rest.

I feel they let themselves down at some times throughout the season. They are human beings as well as Rangers supporters who have opinions and a right to express their concerns and, indeed, opinions. I feel that they did it in the wrong way at times though - particularly when it came to Charles Green.

Many, as well as a few on here, appear not to have learned that to avoid our troubles of the recent past occurring again we MUST having money in the bank at all times. Also, we must not return to the days of working with an overdraft. Especially in today's world of European football, with UEFA's Financial Fair Play regulations, we would be best to stay well clear of using an overdraft. I think we can compete without one if we grow our revenues expertly.

We need to become more modern in the way the football club is run. We MUST look towards the likes of Ajax, Swansea, Barcelona and whoever else and learn from what they do and how they create, develop and maintain a level and discipline of football that focuses on fluidity, youth and natural progression. We must get away from these days of: what's the problem? Sign him, he'll sort it. We must get a solid youth programme in place whichis effective. We don't need to rely on Scottish youth as we can draft it in from around the world where they can learn and develop their game at our world class training complex in Auchenhowie under the guidance of coaches who are among the best in game. We must get into the way of having players absolutely ready, or just about, to step up into the first team when a player is injured or sold rather than us having to go out and buy one. The money to be made by operating like this is substantial.

Overall we must develop our strategy to get with the times but it seem some struggle to move on from the past. Maybe I've strayed off the path a little here :P

Anyway, I love the Union Bears. I love what they bring to home & away games with the atmosphere, the colour, the singing and all-round effort they put in. They do make some mistakes though that I hope they learn from. One issue imo is that when they release a statement it feels like they are speaking for the whole fanbase which they are not. Nobody speaks for me - not the Union Bears, not The Blue Order, not the RST, RSA or whoever. I speak for myself and have my own opinions. The Union Bears opinions on how the club should go forward/who should take us forward largely differ from my own. There was nothing wrong with Charles Green and he was the man to take us forward. He had ideas, he had a plan, he had a strategy. That is the strategy we needed and still need. If he could /would return I'd have him back in a second.

Anyway, hats off to the lads again who keep on improving in the way they get atmosphere going. Highlights of the season for me would be that night v Motherwell @ Ibrox, the Youth Cup Final, Berwick away round 1 & 2, Queens Park v Rangers and I'm sure there's more. I look forward to seeing what next season brings.

Keep it up lads (tu)

Everyone talks about atmosphere, but I'd honestly rather sing nothing than half the stuff they sing. I'm not even kidding.

However....

They can be good though, and most of them are only young to be fair. As I've said before, good guys individually in person. A few I consider mates and spent many nights having beers with them etc but honestly collectively when they are all in UB mode I despair sometimes.

They were a lot better in the Copland when they were more blood & thunder rather than wee ultras jumping aboot going ole ole.

Everyone talks about atmosphere, but I'd honestly rather sing nothing than half the stuff they sing. I'm not even kidding.

However....

They can be good though, and most of them are only young to be fair. As I've said before, good guys individually in person. A few I consider mates and spent many nights having beers with them etc but honestly collectively when they are all in UB mode I despair sometimes.

They were a lot better in the Copland when they were more blood & thunder rather than wee ultras jumping aboot going ole ole.

The East Enclosure in the 1980s was fantastic to

Fuck sakes, these boys bring a bit of colour to Ibrox and people are slating them. At least someone bothers their arse to sing.

Well done lads, more of the same for next season.

Fuck sakes, these boys bring a bit of colour to Ibrox and people are slating them. At least someone bothers their arse to sing.

Well done lads, more of the same for next season.

The slaggings they have been getting recently is 100% justified IMO.

If only they'd stick to creating atmosphere.

What's wrong, you don't like that they had a go at your hero CG?

It's Zeus that stuck with that fud Martin and stopped them from moving into BF3 to expand, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. They're also perfectly entitled to be against stadium renaming, most ultras are.

The slaggings they have been getting recently is 100% justified IMO.

People only started them off because they released a statement saying they didn't want CG on the board.

Yet people here will tell you that most Rangers fans want CG on the board...

It's Zeus that stuck with that fud Martin and stopped them from moving into BF3 to expand, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. They're also perfectly entitled to be against stadium renaming, most ultras are.

People are entitled to their opinions, but they've been just plain disrespectful to Charles Green.

Any real ultras would have had Murray Park burned to the ground by now.

They seem brainwashed tbh ... the party line this week boys is to boo and heckle Green ... and everyone magically all seems to feel the EXACT SAME including wee guys that don't seem young enough to stay out after 9pm at night.

People only started them off because they released a statement saying they didn't want CG on the board.

Yet people here will tell you that most Rangers fans want CG on the board...

Not true. The slaggings for them (from what I've seen) started in Dec when they shat out of their walk to Hampden to keep the Police happy and it's went downhill since since their little anti-Green protest/heckling (also in Dec) when he was announcing to the Ibrox crowd about the 22.5 million share issue.

Any real ultras would have had Murray Park burned to the ground by now.

They seem brainwashed tbh ... the party line this week boys is to boo and heckle Green ... and everyone magically all seems to feel the EXACT SAME including wee guys that don't seem young enough to stay out after 9pm at night.

Hilarious.

Do you just have a go at any fan organisations and accuse them of brainwashing their members?

Fuck sake, we must have scientologists running our fan groups.