Our HMRC issues....

KingKirk

Our Football club got forced into admin at the first time of a none payment of a bill by these clowns yet Hearts have a owner that is not interested in paying any bill to HMRC unless threatened with a winding up order. Does anyone know why our club was treated differently, When both cases are very much the same.

I don't remember HMRC given our club the chance to negotiate a deal, Or even the chance to pay up the debt in full.

The first time I knew we were in debt to HMRC was when we went into admin for the non payment of PAYE and NI. Why are other clubs been given chance after chance to pay up?

Why did we not hear about the issue with HMRC over PAYE and NI before it was to late?..

This is one of they many answers I would like HMRC to answer and why a signed my name to the petition.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Football club got forced into admin at the first time of a none payment of a bill by these clowns yet Hearts have a owner that is not interested in paying any bill to HMRC unless threatened with a winding up order. Does anyone know why our club was treated differently, When both cases are very much the same.

I don't remember HMRC given our club the chance to negotiate a deal, Or even the chance to pay up the debt in full.

The first time I knew we were in debt to HMRC was when we went into admin for the non payment of PAYE and NI. Why are other clubs been given chance after chance to pay up?

Why did we not hear about the issue with HMRC over PAYE and NI before it was to late?..

This is one of they many answers I would like HMRC to answer and why a signed my name to the petition.

This is just one question on a long list I fear we will never get an answer too.

We were treated ridiculously by HMRC(and others) and they will most likely get away with it,makes me sick to think the bastards who put us through so much are getting away with everything.

Hearts face a winding up order if they don't pay the latest bill.

They've always paid their bills in a nick of time.

Difference is with us and them, we couldn't/wouldn't/didn't pay the 8/9 million we owed HMRC and to be pro-active we went to court to put ourself into administration voluntary. I'm sure that meant we could then appoint our own administrators rather than HMRC who would asset strip the club to the ground.

Hearts face a winding up order if they don't pay the latest bill.

They've always paid their bills in a nick of time.

Difference is with us and them, we couldn't/wouldn't/didn't pay the 8/9 million we owed HMRC and to be pro-active we went to court to put ourself into administration voluntary. I'm sure that meant we could then appoint our own administrators rather than HMRC who would asset strip the club to the ground.

I get your main point. but. Why was the 8/9million aloud to be so without a word from anyone about it. HMRC are chasing hearts for only 400-500k yet the whole of scotland now knows this. can't get my head around how this could happen.

It's my understanding, through sources close to the matter, that Whyte point blankly refused to pay or negotiate with HMRC when the position worsened over several months. As then said above, we took the decision to go into admin to ensure we were in control of the situation. I agree though that it was a joke they let it drag on so long.

I get your main point. but. Why was the 8/9million aloud to be so without a word from anyone about it. HMRC are chasing hearts for only 400-500k yet the whole of scotland now knows this. can't get my head around how this could happen.

I know, perhaps HMRC are refusing to make the same mistake again. They got virtually nothing the last time they let a tax bill amount up for a Scottish football club.

We didnt pay paye/ni for 9 months in a row (basically since whyte took over) . My issue is why it wasnt flagged up after 1 month never mind 10 mins before we went into administration .

Exactly that.

Considering the FTTT was in the courts, HMRC should have flagged up after no more than a couple of months IMO.

Did they know they were going to lose this case and decided to go for broke against us.

Cheeky bastards added the FTTT money to the administration bill, giving them the upper hand in refusing the CVA.

The only way we will find the answers is for BDO to mention it in their report.

Hearts last season also failed to pay their player and were given transfer embargos as punishment but as soon as players were paid the embargos were lifted.We have paid all our football debts and many outside of football but still the (illegal) embargo remains.Double standards or cabal justice. :brokensfa:

We did not pay anything for 9 months - that put us in administration - administration triggered liability for bet ( which had to be allowed for even tho ultimately we won) - completely different situation.

Also only person to blame is whyte not hmrc

we also agreed, then contested the wee tax bill from the misused EBT's before we implemented them properly

that pissed off HMRC already, then when the other bill mounted up for that year, they threatened to go to court and whyte beat them to it (the one good thing that whyte done as D&P done everything they could to keep the club in one piece)

It was not unusual under previous rules for companies to settle PAYE bills maybe only 2-3 times annually, hence why why our snowballed to enormous proportions, totally agree it should never have been allowed to happen afaik rules are now changed and PAYE is done monthly or in RT (Realtime) but I could be wrong, but as far as why did HMRC not pull us up sooner, they probably did, it's not like Whyte was gonna tell us he was bumping the taxman was it.

The reason Hearts woes are widely publicised is that they have someone leaking info from inside the club (We had only Whyte) and they are already on a payment plan if you like, from HMRC following a last unpaid bill. If and when Hearts default on these repayments, one is due in July i believe then the whole lot gets called in as a oner. We did not have such an agreement with HMRC Whyte chose instead to sling us into admin (Only then we heard about it) which was clearly his plan all along and then sell us debt free for a profit. If they cannot pay one months PAYE which is what this is, then they really are in the shitter since they already have the season ticket money, theirs went on sale in March, they have this 100k bill, wages due in a couple weeks and an installment of their HMRC "Big tax case" due in July.

The clock is well and truly ticking.

whyte was known to HMRC

He had history of non payment

Now if you or I are owed money by a known 'non payer' you dont keep ignoring it and allowing your debt to grow.

The first month the money didnt arrive they should have been making a noise

But they were not.

something stinks.....

We did not pay anything for 9 months - that put us in administration - administration triggered liability for bet ( which had to be allowed for even tho ultimately we won) - completely different situation.

Also only person to blame is whyte not hmrc

Why was it allowed to roll on for nine months, that's the 64,000 dollar question. :pipe:

whyte was known to HMRC

He had history of non payment

Now if you or I are owed money by a known 'non payer' you dont keep ignoring it and allowing your debt to grow.

The first month the money didnt arrive they should have been making a noise

But they were not.

something stinks.....

My thoughts exactly. Negligence or deliberate on HMRC part. The fans and major potential investors may have been able to do something to force whyte out had they known. The Sfa apparently known as well and did.. SFA.

I remember the shock of that day. And then the even bigger shock when we learned it was a failure on PAYE payments rather than EBT's.

It was then i realised the truth about Whyte. I felt mugged.

This was the exact same as me

As for Whye being to blame.....well yes but ask yourself this.

As it stands HMRC made a fraudulent claim for monies that was not theirs.

Now if I try and take money from you and its not mine to take we have a word for it THEFT. or at least attempted.

Had HMRC known their own rules or not been corrupt (take your pick) the Whyte would have been nowhere to be seen.

HMRC started the ball rolling.....