Can this be stopped?

Right folks enough of the in fighting regarding Green and the board. From what I've seen on the TV tonight regarding the SPL takeover of the SFL the formal takeover won't be completed until the 27/6, so it would seem that we have 14 days to find a legal way to put a stop to this. So are my is my questions to anybody on the list with a real knowledge of the law or the rules on takeovers.

Can the fans of Rangers and any other club who sees the takeover of the SFL as bad or just plain crooked do anything to stop it?

Is it right that this can go ahead when we are still being lead to believe that a minority of the clubs have had full access to the TV rights deal?

Is it right that this can go ahead when there seems to be a valid argument the SPL is insolvent?

As this is a major step for the future of the game and the health of the clubs should each club not have held an EGM to hold a ballot of shareholders on how the club should vote on this matter?

Do Rangers as a club have any means of going to court to challenge the punishments laid against us as there is now factual proof that these punishments were levied with a bias against our club due to the lack of action regarding Hearts and Dunfermline?

If it is true that the 5-way agreement contained a gagging clause is it legally valid for the articles of this document to be kept secret from the new shareholders of the club?

Can the shareholders of the club bypass the board and launch an action against the SPL for the forcing of the club to give up the 2.1m in prize money?

I know I may be clutch at straws here, but there certainly seems to be something wrong with the way this vote was swung. If any under hand pressure was place on clubs behind the scenes to vote this through then it must be exposed. If you know of anybody who owns share in any of the other clubs ask for their view, did they back their club in voting this through?

We now have two options sit down, shut up and wait for the new rules to be misused to damage out club? Or do we look at every possible means of fighting back?

Sadly it looks like our club lost the backbone it had when Green was here to challenge these things

I'm not all that interested in what he might or might not have done. The point of the posting is what the fans who own shares can do via their rights as part owners of the club.

I'm not all that interested in what he might or might not have done. The point of the posting is what the fans who own shares can do via their rights as part owners of the club.

I got that

But sadly I think the answer is no

No matter who is in charge of us, we could not have influenced the outcome.

See i only half agree with you here mate.

He might not have influenced it, but have you noticed that there has hardly been any opinions against the reconstruction being voiced?

Had he been in charge he definitely would have been binging up the bad points of the reconstruction up, and in a very public way.

This might have made the smaller clubs that have voted for somthing that is of pretty much NO value to them, think harder about their vote.

The only voices we have been hearing on this whole thing have been the guys that are in charge of the game, and any chairmen willing to back the up. The Annan statement is one of the only ones I have seen that really got down to the shitty points of the reconstruction, and hardly any papers ran with it, and was probably too little too late to make any difference.

His brazen attitude might have been a good thing, but like you say it might not have made a difference anyway.

/stoned rambling.

The only voices we have been hearing on this whole thing have been the guys that are in charge of the game, and any chairmen willing to back the up. The Annan statement is one of the only ones I have seen that really got down to the shitty points of the reconstruction, and hardly any papers ran with it, and was probably too little too late to make any difference.

Gogzy,the big problem seems not to be that the Annan statement wasn't listened to by the other chairmen. It's that so many of the Rangers fans seem unwilling to consider examining any possible ways to stop it. There seems to be more interest in planning away days to the clubs who collaborated with our enemies and put money in their pockets for doing it. God forbid that we let standing up for our club get in the way of an away day piss up.

It's too late to stop it now IMO. We needed a voice against this during the build up to the votes. Pretty much no point in Rangers even commenting now, the SPL got the vote they want and there will be no more votes, that's it done, they are in charge of the whole damn ball game now.

Sigh.

It's too late to stop it now IMO. We needed a voice against this during the build up to the votes. Pretty much no point in Rangers even commenting now, the SPL got the vote they want and there will be no more votes, that's it done, they are in charge of the whole damn ball game now.

Sigh.

Unless full due diligence brings it down

Unless full due diligence brings it down

Jim Ballantyne doesn't seem to want to let it go & quite right - read a comment from him stating the resolution to "merge" had been passed but there was still due diligence to be completed before it's finalised, the SFL only received pertinent financial documents from the SPL on Monday night & I'll bet that document contains only the information the SPL want publicised. If the SFL board have any sense (& pair of balls between them), they'll need to go though the figures with a fine toothed comb as I'll bet there's some creative accounting in there...

Can this be stopped, no. Should it be stopped, no. When this all comes crashing down around about their ears, we will be in the position of strength, we never voted for it, we never campaigned for it to go through.

Can this be stopped, no. Should it be stopped, no. When this all comes crashing down around about their ears, we will be in the position of strength, we never voted for it, we never campaigned for it to go through.

And, because there would be no league structure left, we would be just as buggered as everyone else and another Plan A would have to come about.

There is NO alternative for us but to be part of this structure, like it or not. If it fails, it will now take us down too. I really don't like this but what's the alternatives now?

And, because there would be no league structure left, we would be just as buggered as everyone else and another Plan A would have to come about.

There is NO alternative for us but to be part of this structure, like it or not. If it fails, it will now take us down too. I really don't like this but what's the alternatives now?

Spot on we had no say, no comment to make either and everyone surely could see that yesterday was inevitable, they kept chipping away at people all the time and quite frankly hell mend those clubs to sign up to this when their own office-bearers cautioned them that no due diligence had been carried out and they had not witnessed as to where this extra money was coming from.

As NB we are left with 'NO alternative' but to carry on regardless and see if this things falls apart, as mentioned before although far fetched could the overall plan by certain people to bring about the collapse of scottish football, so they could gain entry into another league..................after all one famous club captain and ex manager and now ambassador for a certain club once said.......we happen to be an irish club who happen play their football in Scotland!!

So they have no real loyalty(I know I laughed at that word also) to this country.

I really dont understand some of you....What "backbone" have we lost? What could or should we have done or do in this situation? Do we want that cabal running Scottish football? Of course not, but do you really want us to stick our noses into this and make it about us? That would just reinvigorate those who want to damage or restrict us....If we were to have released a statement it would look nothing more than a little kid with a petted lip crying because they didnt get their own way and that would only further damage our credibility and chances of getting some meaningful say and control again in the game up here....

Its not ideal and I have concerns over the financial liabilities of this new structure going forward but ultimately we didnt have a vote....Assuming we now become full members of this new organisation we can begin to lobby for Rangers representatives on boards and committees and try to influence things from the inside....throwing the toys out the pram from the outside just weakens our position. In actuality short term other than the trialist rule (which surely will be looked at again to help part time clubs) it wont negatively impact on us and at least we now know where we are and we can just concentrate on that and slowly building ourselves back up to where we belong on and off the park.

Great post Kev - again, I agree wholly that we were better to not comment yesterday. Those that are moaning about the lack of comment are the same fans that have an anti "Rangers Men" agenda. I don't doubt that CG would have been all over this but firmly believe he would have achieved little more than create some humorous sound-bites for others to laugh at us.

Getting back to the OP, I agree as others have said, Due Diligence has not been carried out properly and until such time this is still only a white paper. Just how the SFA can hand over a non-independent dd report with the disclosure "don't hold us accountable for the lies within" is simply staggering!

The simple fact is the last year has left us in a very weak position and without a vote so all the shouting from the roof-tops would have made no difference.

Everything in Scottish Football comes down to money and short-termism. That's what dictated the politics of this defacto takeover - not Rangers, not Celtic and not anyone else. Celtic may ultimately benefit more than us but we can blame SDM, CW and LBG for that - not the existing board.

It's the same at our club - from one share issue to the next, from one renewal period to the next, from one transfer to the next; it's all about money and the next method to try and raise short-term funds. As long as we have no long term vision at Rangers we'll never get out of that rut. The SPFL issue doesn't change that. And I'm not convinced Charles Green or Imran Ahmad had any more vision that anyone else.

So two weeks or so ago the SPL examine whether Hearts were insolvent and give them a clean bill of health and they even let them sign Wilson from Liverpool. Now we find that the club who said they could pay their way couldn't. First they could not pay HMRC’s PAYE bill, now they cannot pay their players their wages unless they sell parts of their first team squad by the end of the week because of a large six figure short fall in funding.

I may not have studied much on the financial front over the years, but if this isn't a case of a club trading while insolvent what is? Now here's the rub, did the SPL deliberately ignore the obvious problems at Hearts so that they could still participate in yesterday's vote as a yes to the motion? As part of their investigation in to whether or not Hearts were solvent or not surely they would have to have examined the books so that an honest decision could have been made regarding Hearts.

Does anybody believe that Hearts books would have shown anything but an impending financial meltdown? If they didn't examine the books then the SPL's investigation was a sham, indeed considering the impending vote that was to be held on their takeover of the SFL was there an act of fraud committed between the SPL and the owners of Hearts to facilitate a club trading while insolvent?

While this was happening Scotland’s most successful club was denied a vote due to be associate members, my argument is that is a club who are in administration (Dunfermline) and a club who are clearly insolvent (Hearts) were allowed to vote then Rangers should have been granted a vote as we are being lead to believe that the motion on the table was for an all-inclusive new body for Scottish football. Remember two foes less would have scuppered this vote.

I am appealing to those fans who were able to buy shares during the IPO to use their power as part owners of Rangers to stand up for what is right for our club. This takeover is not good news for Rangers, anybody who believes that the cabal will not use their new found power to do more damage to our club. If this is not stopped how long will it be before we have “Fat Rod” re-writing the proposed rule book to benefit his beloved team.

Sorry, but I don't get the logic of this. How can surrendering power over our club to our enemies leave us in a position of strength? As soon as this is ratified they will start to look for ways to re-write the rules to weaken us. Two days ago an SFA rule on fines, deducting points, and the closure of stadiums for clubs whose fans were deemed to have broken proposed new SFA rules was voted down. Can you put your hand on your heart and say in all honesty that you don't expect this to be rehashes for the new SPFL wit our club being the only one ever to be found in breech of the rules?

Rangers won't get into a situation of any influence in the game if we adopt an attitude of capitulation.

No matter who is in charge of us, we could not have influenced the outcome.

I'm not saying we could have. We are limited in what we can do, but how come last time league construction failed to go ahead we had statements released right away applauding the move ... now when we need our club to release any sort of statement, even expressing disappointment we go back to the usual dignified silence pish.