BDO letter

been away so just seen a BDO letter to me dated 30'th May. It says "In this particular liquidation shareholders will not receive any recovery in respect of their investment" So it looks like they can't recover anything ! mind you later on it says "liquidators do not expect to be in a position to bring this to a conclusion for some considerable time here's me thinking BDO were appointed to get money for creditors..... so HMRC get nothing and they spurned an offer of £10 million years ago and would have got something at least from a CVA................ .on whose behalf are HMRC working ?......obviously not the taxpayer !

If you look at the Governments around the world trying to clamp down on tax havens and aggressive avoidance schemes it becomes clear that we were made to be an example. HMRC was determined to crack down on football. We were selected despite several prem clubs using EBT's. it wasn't about getting the money. Rangers offered them a settlement around 5 years go - they refused it. Years before, they accepted Arsenal's?!

Both us and Redknapp (with his individual court case) were guinea pigs so they could ring out the message loud and clear.

If you look at the Governments around the world trying to clamp down on tax havens and aggressive avoidance schemes it becomes clear that we were made to be an example. HMRC was determined to crack down on football. We were selected despite several prem clubs using EBT's. it wasn't about getting the money. Rangers offered them a settlement around 5 years go - they refused it. Years before, they accepted Arsenal's?!

Both us and Redknapp (with his individual court case) were guinea pigs so they could ring out the message loud and clear.

I am still suspicious as to why the HMRC chose us and not an EPL team who had better income than us to pay them back. Did they think that SDM's legal team was less competent than an EPL's legal team? Or was there another reason ... ?

I am still suspicious as to why the HMRC chose us and not an EPL team who had better income than us to pay them back. Did they think that SDM's legal team was less competent than an EPL's legal team? Or was there another reason ... ?

you are right to be suspicious . I believe we were chosen for this by hmrc with more than a little help by an ex-head of the Bank of England monetary dept. & ex-chairman of a rival football club , who was given the opportunity to hand back £978,000 in ebt money just before hmrc started their investigations in to our club . Step forward Mr. Quinn .

Look no further than a certain ex SPL club chairman of the darkside

Allegedly/rumoured

You would have thought they would have a test case against someone who could pay - and the EPL clubs have far more income than Rangers.

You would think so but the test case was to set the precedence regardless if a club could pay or not.

If our club is to be a precedence, I'm presuming this can only be after the appeal and only if they win it (highly doubtfull).

Iv lost track, does anyone knows when this will be?