RANGERS are in talks to bring Gordon Durie back to the club.

SunSport understands the Nine-in-a-row legend could return as a youth or reserve coach.

A vacancy remains on the backroom staff after reserve boss Tommy Wilson quit for a coaching post in America at the end of last season.

Ex-Ibrox striker Durie, 47, has been out of work since resigning as East Fife boss in November 2012 due to ill health.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Score for fun in div 2 !! :pipe:

He was quite sick for a while and had to give up a management position due to this so I hope he is fine now - don't see anything wrong with bringing back an ex player as a coach!

Don't see a problem personally did well the time he was at east fife as manager.

I'm sure there would be no complaints if it was Brian Laudrup being linked, and they both have very similar coaching careers so far ie nothing for very long or at a high level.

Pheeew, thought we were going to sign him as a striker for a minute there.

As a coach, well if Ally wants to bring him in he must be rubbish, heaven forbid that he might be a success at the youth team, cause we don't want success do we!!!

Fantastic more jobs for the boys and McCoists pals

We should have took bets to see who was first to use the 'jobs for the boys' patter! Funny nobody mentioned that when the new fitness coach came in despite being pals with kenny and ally?

Durie has experience of management at senior level, he was always a fit guy as a player and knows the standards expected at the club! As a replacement for tommy Wilson as reserve/youth coach it would be a good appointment!

It's the scouting department I want us to be sorting out over the next few months now....very important long term!

We should have took bets to see who was first to use the 'jobs for the boys' patter! Funny nobody mentioned that when the new fitness coach came in despite being pals with kenny and ally?

Durie has experience of management at senior level, he was always a fit guy as a player and knows the standards expected at the club! As a replacement for tommy Wilson as reserve/youth coach it would be a good appointment!

It's the scouting department I want us to be sorting out over the next few months now....very important long term!

Nobody said it about Jim Henry because he actually has a good track record and has worked at a few different PL clubs so despite Ally knowing him personally its evident that he was rated by premiership clubs.

Whereas Gordon Durie had a very average spell as East Fife bus...

Nobody said it about Jim Henry because he actually has a good track record and has worked at a few different PL clubs so despite Ally knowing him personally its evident that he was rated by premiership clubs.

Whereas Gordon Durie had a very average spell as East Fife bus...

No it means Martin o'neil rated him....Paulo dicanio wasn't exactly complimentary of the fitness levels at Sunderland when he took over! He's still a pal of ally's so is that not a job for one of the boys?

Durie may have been a great coach for all you or I know, illness cut short his spell at east fife unfortunatly and as I say as a reserve team manager it would be a good appointment! I do think that it wouldn't hurt to get a new 1st team coach in with fresh ideas to help ally but that's not what this appointment is for!

I love the way you say East Fife and senior level like an ordinary brief spell as manager there means he's just what he need.

If it's a replacement for Tommy Wilson, Tommy had bags of top experience with Scotland youths and done an amazing job with them getting them to the European Championship semi-finals where they got beat by Spain - was 2006, I think.

Excuse me.............I mentioned him being buddies with them , from Ek for Ally and ra sellic for Kenny boy

Good move.

Durie is held in high regard in the coaching world and knows what's required to make it at Rangers.

Hopefully his health problems are now behind him.

Held in high regard in the coaching world? Held in high regard by who? he was at East fife for a few months. :blink: