Is this true re Sheffield Tickets - can one of the Owls on here confirm?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Rangers had applied for more tickets and that Sheffield would be happy to allocate more but over the weekend it has come about that they wouldn't be forthcoming.

Everybody is losing out because of this. The Rangers support, Sheffield and equally importantly the Sheffield community - the smaller businesses would have greatly benefit from our presence.

I still say get ya sens down to the ground even with out a ticket, SYPD wont allow a load of Rangers fans milling about town and will just put you in the North stand. By the sounds of it the club wanted the game played on a Saturday to make it easier for fans but the SYPD changed it to mid week. We get this from SYPD all the time they are a bunch of cap ends.

Even if they allowed another 2,000 tickets for the game as some people like myself and brother who have tickets already, will be staying in a hotel over night, eating out in a restaurant and having a few beers, all of which is good for the Sheffield business community. If its down to a Police decision I think they're bloody stupid with it being a midweek game.

South Yorkshire Police welcome Rangers fans to Sheffield

On Wednesday 24th July, 2013 Sheffield Wednesday Football Club will be hosting Rangers Football Club for a pre-season friendly.

Police match commander, Chief Inspector Iain Chorlton said:

“Firstly, I would like to welcome Rangers fans to the City.

“My job as police commander for this fixture is to ensure the safety of the fans and the community, as well as minimise any impact the match may have on the City.

“When planning for this match we have had to take into consideration other events within the City, which has resulted in the limited amount of tickets available to Rangers fans.

“As well as the match, there will be a Grand Prix cycle race that will finish at the same time as the match. Furthermore, we have extra challenges as there are significant roadwork’s surrounding the Ground which has resulted in extra road closures. Unfortunately, due to the disruption these may cause the City, the request for extra ticket sales was declined.

“We are expecting more coaches than we have ever had to accommodate previously and therefore, I would like to ask people travelling by coach to work with us to ensure you do not miss the kick off.

Please can I ask that you meet at the rendezvous point where we will assist in getting you to the Ground. By not meeting at this point may result in a delay to the Ground.”

South Yorkshire Police would like to remind fans that this is an all ticket event. Tickets will not be on sale and therefore anyone without a ticket is asked not to travel to the Ground.

Please follow @SWFC_Police on Twitter for updates.

Ends- See more at: http://www.southyork...h.YfpgNzv9.dpuf

I still say get ya sens down to the ground even with out a ticket, SYPD wont allow a load of Rangers fans milling about town and will just put you in the North stand. By the sounds of it the club wanted the game played on a Saturday to make it easier for fans but the SYPD changed it to mid week. We get this from SYPD all the time they are a bunch of cap ends.

This.

South Yorkshire Police welcome Rangers fans to Sheffield

On Wednesday 24th July, 2013 Sheffield Wednesday Football Club will be hosting Rangers Football Club for a pre-season friendly.

Police match commander, Chief Inspector Iain Chorlton said:

“Firstly, I would like to welcome Rangers fans to the City.

“My job as police commander for this fixture is to ensure the safety of the fans and the community, as well as minimise any impact the match may have on the City.

“When planning for this match we have had to take into consideration other events within the City, which has resulted in the limited amount of tickets available to Rangers fans.

“As well as the match, there will be a Grand Prix cycle race that will finish at the same time as the match. Furthermore, we have extra challenges as there are significant roadwork’s surrounding the Ground which has resulted in extra road closures. Unfortunately, due to the disruption these may cause the City, the request for extra ticket sales was declined.

“We are expecting more coaches than we have ever had to accommodate previously and therefore, I would like to ask people travelling by coach to work with us to ensure you do not miss the kick off.

Please can I ask that you meet at the rendezvous point where we will assist in getting you to the Ground. By not meeting at this point may result in a delay to the Ground.”

South Yorkshire Police would like to remind fans that this is an all ticket event. Tickets will not be on sale and therefore anyone without a ticket is asked not to travel to the Ground.

Please follow @SWFC_Police on Twitter for updates.

Ends- See more at: http://www.southyork...h.YfpgNzv9.dpuf

That being the case, if the game was a complete sell out from the home support they'd have fucked themselves. Stupid excuse.

That being the case, if the game was a complete sell out from the home support they'd have fucked themselves. Stupid excuse.

Did someone not say as well Sheffield Wednesday wanted the game on a Saturday and the police changed it to midweek? So they basically fucked up making it the same day as this bike race?