Wi-Fi At Ibrox

http://rangers.co.uk...g-wifi-to-ibrox

A GROUND-BREAKING partnership between Rangers Football Club and Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, is set to bring fans into a whole new era of in-depth, WiFi-based engagement with the club.

In a seven-figure investment, the club is working with Huawei to provide one of football's first fully converged stadium-wide WiFi deployments.

The market-leading project will ultimately give every fan seated at Ibrox – as well as those in the approaches, concourse, restaurants and corporate areas – full, instant access to content-rich media and allow them to participate in real-time interactions with the club.

Starting in August on a stand-by-stand basis, the phased development will allow Rangers to engage with fans and create the best possible matchday experience.

The new set-up will remove connectivity problems in high-density areas and ultimately give 50,000+ supporters access to club competitions, merchandising, media, forthcoming events and enhanced fan/club engagement.

Stadium WiFi has been under discussion at Rangers for a number of years following fan demand, with supporters wanting to access the full panoply of internet sport while at the ground, but being frustrated by 3G mobile network download speeds.

Now, thanks to this partnership with Huawei, the club will create a more meaningful relationship with fans as well as enhancing the matchday experience at Ibrox.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/4384-mather-delighted-by-huawei-partnership

RANGERS Chief Executive Craig Mather is delighted by the club's ground-breaking partnership with Huawei which is set to bring fans into a whole new era of in-depth, WiFi-based engagement with the club.

He said: "Rangers Football Club is rightly proud of its tremendous fanbase, which has stood by the club through thick and thin, and we aim to provide our supporters with a world-class WiFi service to enhance their matchday experience.

"We have teamed up with Huawei, a technology market leader and in doing so we will be setting new standards in terms of interactive communication with our fans.

Huawei has shown an enormous appetite for, and commitment to, providing an absolutely best in class service. More and more people are using smart devices as a primary means of communication and we look forward to revolutionising the way in which Rangers fans can engage with the club before, during and after the match.”

Victor Zhang, CEO, Huawei UK said: "Huawei is at the forefront of innovation in communications technology and we are very proud to have been chosen to deliver a new channel of communication between Rangers and its supporters.

"The high data capacity that WiFi delivers will allow Rangers fans to use social networks to share their experiences, as well as allowing the club to enhance its ‘digital dialogue’ with its supporters.”

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In a seven-figure investment, the club is working with Huawei to provide one of football's first fully converged stadium-wide WiFi deployments.

Rangers - football pioneers. Leading the way and setting the standards, as always.

How much is this service going to cost or is it free? If they are going to charge I think it should be free to all season ticket holders!

I was wondering this myself but given the report mentions a 7 figure sum being invested I'm sure it will be recouped somehow.

I was wondering this myself but given the report mentions a 7 figure sum being invested I'm sure it will be recouped somehow.

Most likely the costs will be covered by increased advertising revenue. I'm sure Huawei will cover some of the costs and there will be opportunities for advertising via the wi fi, look out for annoying pop ups as you check your coupon!

People sitting on the Internet the majority of the game isn't very appealing. Not saying that will happen, but always a possibility.

Fuck paying 300 quid a year to sit in the pissing rain for 90 minutes 20 times a year on a probably poor wi-fi service on your phone! :lol: