Ian Black's socks

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill struth inspected every players dress before taking the pitch.every player had to have 1 inch of black showing above the red top, this was carried into the Symon era,remember bobby shearer talking about it.that was in the days when players had pride in wearing the colours right enough.

Bill struth inspected every players dress before taking the pitch.every player had to have 1 inch of black showing above the red top, this was carried into the Symon era,remember bobby shearer talking about it.that was in the days when players had pride in wearing the colours right enough.

A sensible response amongst a see of nonsense.

My point exactly, I don't know the exact rules regarding strips etc but imho no-one should be 'adjusting' any item of the Rangers strip for any reason.

As for the turning/rolling down socks excuse, I've managed to find plenty of pics where he doesn't seem to have turned/rolled them down so, no he doesn't ALWAYS do it, only sometimes unless it's the traditional Rangers socks when he ALWAYS turns/rolls the top down.

Might seem petty to some on here BUT the black/red socks are a longstanding Rangers tradition and should be regarded as such by both players and fans alike.

If we allow the 'tradional' strip to be changed what will be next, some of our 'traditional' songs, will others be allowed to decide the colour of our 2nd and/or 3rd strips?

Oh, and btw Ally should be wearing a shirt/tie blazer in the dugout not taking fashion tips from his golfing buddy TLRB.

GET THE PITCHFORKS! :p20:

Since signing for Rangers Ian black has had to wear the traditional black/red socks only twice. On both occasions he deliberately for some reason 'adjusted' the socks to 'hide' the red.

Most seem to think it minor/trivial and my mention of it petty, so if the matter is so minor/trivial why can't he just wear the socks the same way as every other Rangers player before him? Surely for a few grand he week he can manage it, he didn't do much else last season imho.

A sensible response amongst a see of nonsense.

My point exactly, I don't know the exact rules regarding strips etc but imho no-one should be 'adjusting' any item of the Rangers strip for any reason.

As for the turning/rolling down socks excuse, I've managed to find plenty of pics where he doesn't seem to have turned/rolled them down so, no he doesn't ALWAYS do it, only sometimes unless it's the traditional Rangers socks when he ALWAYS turns/rolls the top down.

Might seem petty to some on here BUT the black/red socks are a longstanding Rangers tradition and should be regarded as such by both players and fans alike.

If we allow the 'tradional' strip to be changed what will be next, some of our 'traditional' songs, will others be allowed to decide the colour of our 2nd and/or 3rd strips?

Oh, and btw Ally should be wearing a shirt/tie blazer in the dugout not taking fashion tips from his golfing buddy TLRB.

"A SEE of nonsense"

Yup that just about sums it up