Keevins Just Can't Help Himself

Guardian

On many, many occasions I have heard this boring wee man earnestly wringing his hands and whining about sectarianism in scottish football and what can be done about it.

Well Shug, here's one thing you could try for a start.

FUCKING STOP BRINGING PLAYERS RELIGIONS INTO IT AT EVERY TURN AND MAKING OUT IT IS A BIG ISSUE AT CERTAIN CLUBS. !!!!!!

Here's todays propaganda

New Rangers striker Jon Daly says he plans to gain acceptance from supporters by scoring lots of goals

JON DALY won the admiration of his Rangers team-mates when he caught a 12-pound carp in a lake behind the team’s hotel in Germany.

However, he knew he had bigger fish to fry when it came to the question of winning acceptance from the Rangers supporters.

Now the first modern-day, high-profile Catholic player from the Republic of Ireland to play for Rangers is happy to declare he feels part of the Ibrox family.

What he ACTUALLY Said

The way in which Daly has settled into Rangers’ squad following his move from Tannadice has drawn lavish praise from the club’s management team.

The prize angler was supposed to be swimming into the treacherous waters of the West of Scotland’s sectarian divide and have dubious prospects of success because of his background.

But Daly has quickly made the transition and proved he’s not a fish out of water.

He said: “I didn’t pay any attention to the talk that surrounded my move. And so far as I’m concerned the Rangers fans have been brilliant with me.

“My intention is to repay them with goals. I’ve been accepted by players, management, staff and fans and I’m enjoying the experience of being with a club of this size.

Not quite what the headline implies. The club should be challenging this sort of shite as we are being portrayed as some kind of sectarian neanderthals baying for Daly's blood cos he's a catholic. I'm sure there will be a few nutters, but 99.9999% of the support have no issues with this. It's nit like he's the first catholic we've signed but Keevins is conveniently ignoring that.

I hate seeing us being demonised in this sleekit manner. If they say it enough folk start to believe it.

Keevins is a lying weasel, actively trying to keep sectarianism going and he's not the only one.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On many, many occasions I have heard this boring wee man earnestly wringing his hands and whining about sectarianism in scottish football and what can be done about it.

Well Shug, here's one thing you could try for a start.

FUCKING STOP BRINGING PLAYERS RELIGIONS INTO IT AT EVERY TURN AND MAKING OUT IT IS A BIG ISSUE AT CERTAIN CLUBS. !!!!!!

Here's todays propaganda

New Rangers striker Jon Daly says he plans to gain acceptance from supporters by scoring lots of goals

JON DALY won the admiration of his Rangers team-mates when he caught a 12-pound carp in a lake behind the team’s hotel in Germany.

However, he knew he had bigger fish to fry when it came to the question of winning acceptance from the Rangers supporters.

Now the first modern-day, high-profile Catholic player from the Republic of Ireland to play for Rangers is happy to declare he feels part of the Ibrox family.

What he ACTUALLY Said

The way in which Daly has settled into Rangers’ squad following his move from Tannadice has drawn lavish praise from the club’s management team.

The prize angler was supposed to be swimming into the treacherous waters of the West of Scotland’s sectarian divide and have dubious prospects of success because of his background.

But Daly has quickly made the transition and proved he’s not a fish out of water.

He said: “I didn’t pay any attention to the talk that surrounded my move. And so far as I’m concerned the Rangers fans have been brilliant with me.

“My intention is to repay them with goals. I’ve been accepted by players, management, staff and fans and I’m enjoying the experience of being with a club of this size.

Not quite what the headline implies. The club should be challenging this sort of shite as we are being portrayed as some kind of sectarian neanderthals baying for Daly's blood cos he's a catholic. I'm sure there will be a few nutters, but 99.9999% of the support have no issues with this. It's nit like he's the first catholic we've signed but Keevins is conveniently ignoring that.

I hate seeing us being demonised in this sleekit manner. If they say it enough folk start to believe it.

Keevins is a lying weasel, actively trying to keep sectarianism going and he's not the only one.

Couldnt agree more. THIS is the sort of stuff that needs to be challenged by the RST if the club are going to ignore and lie down to get their tummy tickled.

If not the RST surely there must be some "collective" who can act on our behalf?

The press have been actively portraying us as the bigotted club for years. Keevins is playing to the law of diminishing returns though as nobody with any sense really listens to him anymore - particularly since it became all too apparant this year that he is in liewells pocket.

I dont like it either - but whats to be done about a shite journo who distorts the truth? most of the do it to some degree.

The press have been actively portraying us as the bigotted club for years. Keevins is playing to the law of diminishing returns though as nobody with any sense really listens to him anymore - particularly since it became all too apparant this year that he is in liewells pocket.

I dont like it either - but whats to be done about a shite journo who distorts the truth? most of the do it to some degree.

Fight them back every single time!!!

They will soon get the message. Even our "dignified and silent" club officials may also get the message. Fight back for us, for themselves.

Fight them!

That speccy squinty pishing dullard is essentially tarring every one of us. We as a support need to be together and angry.

That headline is an absolute lie for a start.

We need to start hitting back at these clowns taking liberties.

I'm pretty sure if I check all celtics recent signings, I won't find any references from Keevins about their religion.

In fact his article on Daly specifically highlights he has had no issues and been welcomed by Rangers staff and fans. So why does Keevins imply there is ?

I hate this sectarian shite, but it makes my blood boil when I see the press stoking it up, then they'll write stories about how bad it is.

I won't be sorry to see Keevins go. He is a dinosaur living in the past. It is sad when you have to live off sectarianism.

Fight them back every single time!!!

They will soon get the message. Even our "dignified and silent" club officials may also get the message. Fight back for us, for themselves.

Fight them!

That speccy squinty pishing dullard is essentially tarring every one of us. We as a support need to be together and angry.

They dont appear to get the message tbo. Journos appear to see a club taking any kind of stance or action against them as further license to print whatever vindictive shite they wish in the hope that they get more readers.

They dont appear to get the message tbo. Journos appear to see a club taking any kind of stance or action against them as further license to print whatever vindictive shite they wish in the hope that they get more readers.

Ach well, A jobby in a lit poke on their dorrstep then!

Well his bosses have just had figures showing circulation is down another 12%

I never buy the DR and I would urge other bears not to either.

A small start but a start nonetheless. A public campaign against their rag and amateurs like Keevins would not go down well at the DR right now.

It would also help if Mather started living up to his patter and started taking these folk to task.

He could begin by asking why they are printing headlines that are plainly lies and defamatory.

"Keevins is a lying weasel, actively trying to keep sectarianism going and he's not the only one."

I don't really agree with this statement. I think he is playing his part in brainwashing as many people as possible to get the message that "Rangers and their followers are bigots" and therefore turn as many people against us as possible.

Isn't there a press standards agency ?

I suspect even the papers can't print lies as headlines.

There is no way they could back up that headline if asked "where does Daly say that"

Over to you mr Mather.

Dignified silence isn't working

It doesn't matter what the actual story is the headlines for any story always sensationalises the true content, how many things have you read in the press where the headline blows things out of the water and you read the story and it has no bearing on what the story actually is? We're just talking about this one because of his background and where he was born and nothing else, might as well have dignified silence because if you start to react to this sort of thing each time it appears then you are going to just add fuel to the fire and the next story will end up being along the lines Rangers Fans in Uproar are they shouting out loud to hide the awful truth of what they actually feel? Let him do his talking on the pitch and let us do our talking by showing him the same dedicated support we show all of our players.