Ratings today

Really enjoyed the performance. Very promising and nice to see the younger players playing with renewed confidence.

Nicky Law was a different class. Not bad for a triallist.

Gallacher 6

McAusland 7

Faure 6

McCulloch 7

Wallace 7

Black 6

LAW 9

MacLeod 6

Crawford 6

Daly 6 (Thought he did well but some of the priase a tad over exaggerated. Will do a job I feel.)

Little 6

Subs:-

Templeton 7

Aird NR

P.S. Is Mitchell injured?

You gave Daly and little the same score.. piss on that!

I also thought Crawford was pretty poor today.. he kept giving the ball away and running into dead ends. He did better in the 2nd half though...

Gallagher. -6

Macusland - 6

Faure. - 6

Jig. - 6

Wallace. - 8

Black. - 6

Crawford. - 5

Macleod. - 6

Law. - 9

Daly. - 8

Little. - 5

I thought Faure done pretty well today, looks to have lost a bit of weight and found a bit of pace.

McAusland looked good too. He lost his man a couple of times but looked solid throughout.

Law was the strongest performer though. Walked the game and looks like he can only get better.

I'd have Law pip Wallace for MoM.

Nobody else has mentioned but I thought Little played well too. Although his finishing was not quite there today he seemed to do some amount of running and involved in most of our attacks.

Daly was ok but certainly feel he'll be a big player for us should we meet bigger teams in the cup. In fact I think that'll bring out the best in him.

What pleased me most about today tho , was that we seem to be a lot more adventurous in our play. I hope that continues. I think it will.

Posted this on the match thread

I worry about Gallagher - can he kick - all he did all day was pass it to a back - rolling it out, or a wee side foot pass / does he not realise that we have Daly up front and if we have him we must play 'hoof' ball!!! :pipe:

Very encouraging start!

7s all round for me with an 8 for Law - first game and all that.

Oh and a 9 for Ally - youth, goals, signings look good, ball on the deck subs - getting Black scoring!

I thought we did really well today, although it was only Albion, there could have been a hiccup in this game, but we handled it well.

Black's goal was tenacious excellance, Temps was sublime and Nicky Law is some machine.

His second goal was really well spotted and taken.

You gave Daly and little the same score.. piss on that!

I also thought Crawford was pretty poor today.. he kept giving the ball away and running into dead ends. He did better in the 2nd half though...

Gallagher. -6

Macusland - 6

Faure. - 6

Jig. - 6

Wallace. - 8

Black. - 6

Crawford. - 5

Macleod. - 6

Law. - 9

Daly. - 8

Little. - 5

8 for daly? Really?

Completely agree about Crawford. Same with MacLeod.

Gallacher - 6: He wasn't really challenged, but did everything he had to.

-

Wallace - 8: Got forward well and defended when called upon.

Faure - 6: Did ok, not much for him to do.

McCulloch - 6: Same as above

McAusland - 7: Got forward well and made some good passes.

-

Black - 9: I've been a big critic of Black in the past but he had an excellent game today, kept possession and got a goal and an assist

-

Crawford -5: Poor game today I though, kept giving away possession and running into trouble

Law - 9: Fantastic performance capped by two well taken goals. Looks like a great player.

Macleod - 6: Decent game, not what we've come to expect of him though

-

Daly -8: Looked dangerous up front, some excellent flick ons

Little-7: Made good runs and worked hard, finishing was a bit off though

Subs:

Templeton - 7: Scored a good goal and generally looked dangerous

Aird - Didn't have time to make much of an impact

Can't be bothered going through the whole team, only 3 people I want to focus on, Wallace to me was an 8.5 he got forward well, and defended well, can't remember if it was the first or second half but playing on the left ran back on the angle to out pace our defender trying to get back and their player was sublime, Law just pipped it for MoM with a 9 as he played well and got two good goals, other person to focus on is Coisty himself, felt he also deserved a 9 had the team playing well and passing the ball, also he wore a suit!

Posted this on the match thread

I worry about Gallagher - can he kick - all he did all day was pass it to a back - rolling it out, or a wee side foot pass / does he not realise that we have Daly up front and if we have him we must play 'hoof' ball!!! :pipe:

Very encouraging start!

7s all round for me with an 8 for Law - first game and all that.

Oh and a 9 for Ally - youth, goals, signings look good, ball on the deck subs - getting Black scoring!

That's what a goalkeeper should always do. Pass it to a player at the back. 100% you will keep the ball. Kick it out and it's 50/50 possession football