Walter.....

WCPRANGERS1

It is fully understandable why a large majority of our supporters are willing to stand by him,trust his word and judgement, however it also safe to assume that his judgement or decisions may not always be the best.

Last year during all of our turmoil a last ditch bid was made by a consortium Walter was asked to front(to appease the fans) but it was all to little to late, in our true hour of need he and many others were nowhere to be seen.

Tonight we see many ready to go crazy due to the possibility of Walter leaving.....well im sorry we were managing and pulled in investors without him and we WILL continue to do so.

I love Walter for what he has achieved and for the respect and trust he has gained, however the men who literally saved our club (no not just CG)seem to be lambasted at every turn.

We need stability and we need it now however we need to accept that men who are legends within our club are unlikely to be the long term answer, I am not advocating Green.....I want true leadership, no sound bites, no living off of status just delivering in the best interests of Rangers!!!!

Walter is not Chairman material however much of our issues with shyte started to leak out after Greig left and there was no Rangers people left at Ibrox (in the boardroom) this rumor has people worried history may repeat itself which may be a overreaction but an understandable one. I hope Walter stays if only to see out this new crisis and then departs for a more suitable Chairman once the storm is over.

Walter is not Chairman material however much of our issues with shyte started to leak out after Greig left and there was no Rangers people left at Ibrox this rumor has people worried history may repeat itself which may be a overreaction but an understandable one. I hope Walter stays if only to see out this new crisis and then departs for a more suitable Chairman once the storm is over.

I would be happy for him to stay as we do need a figurehead but at the same time I wouldn't believe for a second we would be doomed if he was to leave.

We will prevail through all of this of that I am sure.

Walter seems to be the answer because he's a Rangers man, sorry I don't do business that way.

Walter was a front man for the people trying to worm their way in right now, trust no cunt!

All that our club needs (should be easy eh) is for people to run it properly and profitable.

People can see a legend will appease our fans and use it,Walter is a great figurehead but shouldn't be seen as our be all and end all, if he quits we move on......he was going to leave at some point soon anyway

I would be happy for him to stay as we do need a figurehead but at the same time I wouldn't believe for a second we would be doomed if he was to leave.

We will prevail through all of this of that I am sure.

Many including myself see Walter as a Godfather type figure at Rangers yes he's made mistakes and his business skills are not as good as the likes of CG or Mather but we know he cares about Rangers first and right now theres not many we can say that about for sure at Ibrox.

Many including myself see Walter as a Godfather type figure at Rangers yes he's made mistakes and his business skills are not as good as the likes of CG or Mather but we know he cares about Rangers first and right now theres not many we can say that about for sure at Ibrox.

Very true mate, it would be interesting to know his exact thoughts just now.

Again though I would emphasise that the man that is the legend will most likely not have a huge bearing on what happens with us.

It is fully understandable why a large majority of our supporters are willing to stand by him,trust his word and judgement, however it also safe to assume that his judgement or decisions may not always be the best.

Last year during all of our turmoil a last ditch bid was made by a consortium Walter was asked to front(to appease the fans) but it was all to little to late, in our true hour of need he and many others were nowhere to be seen.

Tonight we see many ready to go crazy due to the possibility of Walter leaving.....well im sorry we were managing and pulled in investors without him and we WILL continue to do so.

I love Walter for what he has achieved and for the respect and trust he has gained, however the men who literally saved our club (no not just CG)seem to be lambasted at every turn.

We need stability and we need it now however we need to accept that men who are legends within our club are unlikely to be the long term answer, I am not advocating Green.....I want true leadership, no sound bites, no living off of status just delivering in the best interests of Rangers!!!!

Rangers will survive with or without Walter, nothing is surer.

Very true mate, it would be interesting to know his exact thoughts just now.

Again though I would emphasise that the man that is the legend will most likely not have a huge bearing on what happens with us.

Maybe not but as you can see on here his presence does make a difference to a lot of people and at a very difficult time Walter symbolizes stability which is very reassuring even if its not completely accurate.

Maybe not but as you can see on here his presence does make a difference to a lot of people and at a very difficult time Walter symbolizes stability which is very reassuring even if its not completely accurate.

I can understand that because we do need stability and who better than the most prominent figure in our recent history but we should remain strong regardless, it would disappoint me if he left but I still believe we will continue to grow and go back to where we belong.

I can understand that because we do need stability and who better than the most prominent figure in our recent history but we should remain strong regardless, it would disappoint me if he left but I still believe we will continue to grow and go back to where we belong.

I'm sure we will too I just wish for once we could try doing things the easy way instead of the hard way.

I get somewhat perturbed by the possibility of Walter resigning allegedly due to the boardroom turmoil and the threat to Ally's position as manager. It isn't Walter's possible leaving which worries me though, it is why he would leave and what effect that would have on some of our support.

When Walter was invited onto the board he must have known that it would encourage some fans to support the club by buying tickets. Why some fans needed Walter in place before buying is a mystery to me. Similarly, when Walter was asked to be Chairman he must have been reasonably aware why that position was offered.

Now we are being told that Walter would resign if Ally gets removed. Why would any chairman (yes even Walter) resign if someone isn't performing in their position? Did Walter insist on Ally being retained as manager if he became a director or chairman? If the suggestion that he will leave if Ally goes is correct, then frankly, Walter should not be on the board. What would that resignation imply, Walter putting Ally as manager before the interests of Rangers Football Club?

Walter must also realise the adverse effect his resignation would have on a number of our fans, those who need the "comfort blanket" provided by his presence.

If I were Walter, I'd stay put and fight on behalf of the Club and fans, Ally or no Ally. You can do more good on the inside than from the outside trying to look in. I'd put the interests of Rangers first and foremost.

I get somewhat perturbed by the possibility of Walter resigning allegedly due to the boardroom turmoil and the threat to Ally's position as manager. It isn't Walter's possible leaving which worries me though, it is why he would leave and what effect that would have on some of our support.

When Walter was invited onto the board he must have known that it would encourage some fans to support the club by buying tickets. Why some fans needed Walter in place before buying is a mystery to me. Similarly, when Walter was asked to be Chairman he must have been reasonably aware why that position was offered.

Now we are being told that Walter would resign if Ally gets removed. Why would any chairman (yes even Walter) resign if someone isn't performing in their position? Did Walter insist on Ally being retained as manager if he became a director or chairman? If the suggestion that he will leave if Ally goes is correct, then frankly, Walter should not be on the board. What would that resignation imply, Walter putting Ally as manager before the interests of Rangers Football Club?

Walter must also realise the adverse effect his resignation would have on a number of our fans, those who need the "comfort blanket" provided by his presence.

If I were Walter, I'd stay put and fight on behalf of the Club and fans, Ally or no Ally. You can do more good on the inside than from the outside trying to look in. I'd put the interests of Rangers first and foremost.

Very good post if Walter is purely pissed off that Allys job is in serious trouble because hes making a hash of it then I would be pretty disappointed that Allys job is considered higher than the future of our team on the pitch, Gollum also alludes to Walter not backing Mather over the McColl coup attempt that is another thing that would disappoint me if and its a big if its true but right now there is no way to know for certain. I expect a statement or two tommorow and am not looking foreward to trawling through all the goings on when I get home from work.

I am very much in agreement with the above.

Was it not just a short time ago that Ally and WS were both praising Mather for all the support he gave Ally in getting him 8 players?

Now we are hearing that WS will not support Mather but go backing Murray and McColl? Insist Ally must remain despite continuing debacles?

If that is so maybe WS is not the man we think he is? Time will tell.

Walter seems to be the answer because he's a Rangers man, sorry I don't do business that way.

Walter was a front man for the people trying to worm their way in right now, trust no cunt!

Not so eloquently put but bang on the money!

Walter has been used to sell the STs, they don't need him now so it's an empty threat. Walter are Ally are on the way out. Rangers will continue. Hopefully for us we get a manager who can get results with a proven track record. There is no point getting het up about what we have no power to change. Next season watch the suits bend over backwards to win our ST money all over again with promises and window dressing. CG is not always right but he knows what the fans want to hear and we want to hear no more losses to the likes of Forfar Athletic in the first round of a cup.

Walter Smith is NOT a chairman and has never professed to be one. Indeed, he has said several times recently that he simply does not have the business experience to be effective in the position.

His appointment was symbolic, and an attempt to bring some stability to the club. It's clearly not working, and his position is becoming more and more untenable. It's rapidly becoming clear that he is unable to 'steer' a neutral line and, as each day passes, he's being identified with the failed Rangers men who are now making their bid for control.

I just hope that he does not become tarnished during the war that is about to erupt. He is an icon and, like Ally McCoist, ther is a real danger that he will sink in this morass of intrigue, dishonesty and double-dealing.