8 games

Gooseman

Saturday was a complete disaster, of that there is no question. However it was expected, by me at the very least and I would imagine by a percentage of the fans. It was also predicted by the manager last season… he said something along the lines of if he has to play with just the kids for the first 5 or 6 games of the season and lose them all before getting the new signing to play then that’s what will have to happen.

There was a comment on a different thread that said in any decent organisation McCoist would be out the door. It took Sir Alex a while to find his feet at Man utd, the fans hated him but the board stuck by him and we all know how successful he was. Now he was the exception to the rule, and if this was an ordinary club with ordinary people and ordinary issues then there would be no argument from anyone. We are going through one of, if not the most divisive time in our history and we need stability. If that means the status quo remains with the coaching staff then, so be it. Last season was a successful one, regardless of which way you look at it we achieved our main objective, we won the league and got promoted. Our main objective this season is the same thing. We are out of 1 cup competition and we are still very much in with the opportunity to win the rest. After last week’s performance against Albion rovers, we should have taken a couple of goals off Forfar however they were the better side on the day and we have to accept that.

Can we at least give the team our support and see how the new guys help the team after the 1st of September? Between now and the end of September we have 8 games according to the BBC, 5 in august and 3 after the new signings can play, can we as a support get behind the team for these 8 games and see what shape we are in at the beginning of October?

no its not a joke. it is my opinion and i am entitled to it. you are entitled to yours, i dont think its too unreasonable to suggest that as fan we support the team and give them a chance and when the new signing are eligible to play we give them the oppertunity to inprove the side. 1st October is a deadline that I am willing to wait for, if there is no improvment then as a fan base we demand that the managment is changed....

We have 40+ players who are full time professionals

We have 30+ players who had a full pre-season with some of the best footballing facilities in Europe.

Our wage bill is the second highest in Scotland

Our manager is the highest paid manager in Scotland

We are Rangers.

It's funny the if this was the time we were talking about r fans would be slating the players and the ginger knob would be getting praised to the high heavens...

Ally isn't bigger than the club, but he deserves until the 1st of October

No pressure then, Ally stay but if your shite you can leave on the 1st October. I like Ally and I wished him to succeed but out of a cup in first round is not good, its a loss of income not going through 4 or 5 rounds or more. all these half gates cash lost. Ally gets a top wage but going out of comps early hits us financially. Ally has lost Rangers a lot of cash over 3 seasons

Fair comment OP.

We are crying out for a balanced consistent board but want to sack the manager, irony.

Thanks. I want the club to be winning as much as everyone else on here but i just think we need to step back a bit and see how the new guys perform.

true, but but his first few years were pish... PLG had a proven record before joining us did he not?

But McCoist hasn't had any experience. This job is way too big for him at this moment in time.

The Rangers job carries a lot of pressure and I think it's all getting to Ally at the moment.

Thanks. I want the club to be winning as much as everyone else on here but i just think we need to step back a bit and see how the new guys perform.

The new guys performing doesn't make Ally a good manager.

We've already seen Nicky Law and how much an asset he will be but do you realise how much better he is than the dross we're playing?

It's like offering someone in a Fiesta a race and you turn up with a Formula 1 car, it doesn't make you the best driver.

Ally gets results by outspending(wages) everyone, I fear for us in the top league as the manky bastards can outspend us.

The new guys performing doesn't make Ally a good manager.

We've already seen Nicky Law and how much an asset he will be but do you realise how much better he is than the dross we're playing?

It's like offering someone in a Fiesta a race and you turn up with a Formula 1 car, it doesn't make you the best driver.

Ally gets results by outspending(wages) everyone, I fear for us in the top league as the manky bastards can outspend us.

I would much rather be in the position to judge him fully when we have the entire playing staff available to use, no further signing sactions, and a few games behind us.

If by 1st October there is no improvement in quality on the field and results then he will have to go. It's simple, that's the deadline he fails to keep to it was as a fanbase demand for his removal...

I actually agree with the OP, apart from the Alex Ferguson comparison, I don't think we can compare McCoist to Ferguson but I do agree that he should be given time to see how his team plays when it's the players he wants playing! If its still not working then fair enough but I think to go from everybody being impressed with pre season and the ramsdens cup game to wanting McCoist out after a cup defeat with 8 players out is a bit premature! I'm happy to give him the chance but can understand why others are feeling the way they are.

Charles Green has been lambasted for saying that we should win a cup this year (along with the league).

We're in the 3rd tier of Scottish football - the only full-time club in that division - and the manager thinks such a demand (request?) is putting too much pressure on his players??

Fuxsake......you couldn't make that bullshit up.

Alex Ferguson cut his managerial teeth on several small Scottish clubs (I include the Sheep) before being thrust into the lions den that is Old Trafford.

McCoist was given his first managerial gig (by Smith shoehorning him into position) in football at any level when he was handed the Rangers job.

The only comparison you can make with McCoist and Ferguson is that they both played centre-forward for Rangers.

One was a great striker and legend for the club, the other was no such thing.

One has become a managerial legend......the other should return to Question Of Sport.

I find it perplexing that you call upon the fans to "at least give the team our support".

Through-out this abysmal period of uncertainty. We, the fans have shown an undeniable loyalty to the club that we all LOVE. We have packed Ibrox on a regular basis despite the fact, footballing wise, the team has played atrociously. To be honest the aforementioned performances border upon embarrassing.

And yet 30 odd thousand season tickets were sold last season (2012/2013), similar sales have been reported to date (2013/2014).

I can't speak for everyone, but Rangers football club are a way of life to many of us. This constitutes both an emotional and financial investment.

In my mind there is no dubiety as to whether the fans will support the club (particularly during the next 8 games). Many factors surrounding Rangers can be rightfully questioned, however the support is certainly not one of these.

First off, I do want Ally to succeed . But my problem is that a good manager can get the most out of the players you have. You don't sign better players to make you a better manager. These lads that are holdovers from last season should be capable of taking care of all 3rd tier teams without problem. Maybe my memory is failing but didn't Rangers beat Alloa last year in a cup tie by a 7-0 score? those new signings weren't needed then and shouldn't be needed now. It seemed the play last season really dropped after mid-January and many had new deals signed. Maybe I'm wrong.