When did RMers opinions on Green change?

FernandoR20

When Green left some months ago, I remember many on this board were upset he was leaving. However, since it was announced he was coming back, i noticed so much more people had gone off him (and even more now after the departure of Smith)

So why did so many fan's opinion of him change during the period he was out of the scene?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my perspective, because before he showed his face again, things seemed to be going smoothly. New signings (Green wouldn't have sanctioned), and a CEO who knows how to conduct himself with dignity.

When Green left some months ago, I remember many on this board were upset he was leaving. However, since it was announced he was coming back, i noticed so much more people had gone off him (and even more now after the departure of Smith)

So why did so many fan's opinion of him change during the period he was out of the scene?

I was very unhappy he left. The manner of his return coupled with the EGM and Walter going is ringing alarm bells though, no doubt.

I think the forum welcomed him back largely.

Tide his turned a bit with the events of the last few days.

I was delighted when I saw on Fri afternoon he was coming back but his comments although not anywhere near deserving Allys reaction were poorly timed and possibly designed to get such a reaction. I respect CG and would back him over Mini and co but hes a loose cannon and that's evident over the last few days.

The thing that's changed my mind is him appearing back and causing an absolute shitstorm. It's clear now that he's got a wee agenda there, and is playing some sort of game.

He can fuck off. The only game I want these guys to be playing is football.

I really don't think he caused it. The McColl / mini murray move was obviously something that wasn't done overnight, it has been planned for some time before last week. Their strategy is to destabilise the club in order to achieve their hostile takeover. I believe that CG was parachuted in to try and block the hostile takeover.

The disappointing thing is it would seem that Walter Smith was playing a double game and backing McColl / mini murray while continuing to sit as Chairman. Not the most honourable course of action IMO.

I always thought he was shifty but he won me over with the way he would defend the club.

I know Craig Whyte was a cunt but it started to become clear that Green had conned him in some way. Then the racism stuff, then the £10 million war chest crap and now this mess the past few days. The fact that Walter is calling for us to support change is good enough fur me.

I was delighted when I saw on Fri afternoon he was coming back but his comments although not anywhere near deserving Allys reaction were poorly timed and possibly designed to get such a reaction. I respect CG and would back him over Mini and co but hes a loose cannon and that's evident over the last few days.

can i ak ? You would back cg over murray, blin and mccoll ?

can i ak ? You would back cg over murray, blin and mccoll ?

Right now definitely, those guys are launching a hostile takeover and doing their best to destabilize us just so they can get a cheaper deal, CG has his faults, quite a lot of faults but I still trust him over the others especially that snake P. Murray.

Frankly I've never entirely trusted him. I believe he did a lot of good at first, but he often played to the gallery. I was oddly reminded of Whyte's banning of the BBC and Goodwillie penny pinching. At the time Whyte was lauded for these to such an extent it took most months to wake up to him.

The whole IAmRangers thing (though not Green), as well as the Malcolm Murray video worried me significantly in regards to that group.

Time will tell.

Started to wonder about him when he made a complete dick of himself and the club on TV. He was an embarrassment, totally unprepared for the most obvious of questions. Did he ever produce the famous email? I don't believe so. As I've said before I didn't have any specific axe to grind with Green, he said he came to make money and leave. Well he's made his money and I think for the good of the club it's time for him to leave. I certainly wasn't happy with his return as a "consultant", and his interview as fare as I'm concerned was calculated to cause more trouble.

Last night I asked the following in another thread, but failed to get an answer. So once again for the sake of clarity just how much of his own cash did Green put in to the pot? I seem to remember on here somewhere that Ally invested about £350,000 though I may be wrong on that one, I also believe our current CEO invested £1m of his own cash as well.