• Dean Shiels
    • David Templeton
    • Lee Wallace
    • Other (Please state)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choice is for Macleod. He has tremendous drive and energy coupled with technique and vision. He was arguably, before his injury, our most consistent player last year. The biggest compliment I can pay him is that when he was out injured, in a squad containing McCulloch, Little, Templeton, Shiels, Wallace etc, we missed his influence in the team and for an 18 year old that is impressive no matter the quality of opposition. I realise the title specified currently but I feel the potential for progression in the future should also be a factor in the decision, and as good as I think Lewis is now I can see him becoming so much better.

I'm sure many will have Wallace as a stick on for this, and for good reason too. However having watched him closely the second half of last season his form dropped off significantly, as with the majority of the squad. He is still capable of producing dynamic and influential performances but, to me, he doesn't appear to be enjoying his football (who can blame him) and that is affecting the levels of his performances.

Law is another possibility. Having watched brief highlights of him through preseason he looks a very strong and complete player, but by that same token I don't think I've seen enough of him to base a judgement on.

Templeton is another candidate. On his day he is our best player by miles, but his issues with consistency and decision making rule him out for me.

Dean Shiels was our best and most consistent performer before his injury last year . McLeod has not played well in last two games for me so he is hardly our best player. On current form it would have to be Law or Billy.