Overseas bears and Rangers TV

jonoger1984

Hello all,

I'm considering purchasing rangers tv for the coming season, any overseas bears have any experience with it? I'd probably not be able to watch the games live but am i right in thinking you can watch them anytime after the game ends on demand?

Cheers in advance.

hi mate

well i joined RTV last season and thoroughly enjoyed being a member, was well worth it: lots of historical stuff and also current the season matches.

Well that is apart from Stirling Albion games and maybe Dundee United (which I only got around to finally watching last week due to anger management issues i have :lol: ) and a couple other shockers: they were dire haha but no fault of RTV

I went for the option where you pay a fiver every month; you don't get to see the games live but they are shown for us overseas folk a couple hours after the game has finished. so yeah I just got up, logged in and watched the game slightly delayed and making sure no fucker tells me the score beforehand.

as for this season I am not sure whats up: I went to log in to RTV for the Forfar game last weekend and it wasn't being covered on RTV? what went on there?

Hopefully back to business as normal with Brechin this weekend and I can get up, log in and watch the full game a few hours after its finished

I'll be well pissed off if its a repeat of the no show on RTV like last weekend

hi mate

well i joined RTV last season and thoroughly enjoyed being a member, was well worth it: lots of historical stuff and also current the season matches.

Well that is apart from Stirling Albion games and maybe Dundee United (which I only got around to finally watching last week due to anger management issues i have :lol: ) and a couple other shockers: they were dire haha but no fault of RTV

I went for the option where you pay a fiver every month; you don't get to see the games live but they are shown for us overseas folk a couple hours after the game has finished. so yeah I just got up, logged in and watched the game slightly delayed and making sure no fucker tells me the score beforehand.

as for this season I am not sure whats up: I went to log in to RTV for the Forfar game last weekend and it wasn't being covered on RTV? what went on there?

Hopefully back to business as normal with Brechin this weekend and I can get up, log in and watch the full game a few hours after its finished

I'll be well pissed off if its a repeat of the no show on RTV like last weekend

Thanks for your post, so I assume the one you signed up for is the standard package?

Might be a silly question but when you log in a few hours later to watch the game on demand, it doesn't give away the result on the website does it?

Sounds like this might be the way to go, I was considering going the whole hog and buying the $300 package but would obviously prefer to only spend a fiver per month if possible!

Thanks for your post, so I assume the one you signed up for is the standard package?

Might be a silly question but when you log in a few hours later to watch the game on demand, it doesn't give away the result on the website does it?

Sounds like this might be the way to go, I was considering going the whole hog and buying the $300 package but would obviously prefer to only spend a fiver per month if possible!

you only need to login later if you want to watch the match later? games are live overseas

I hope one of the lying fckrs from Rangers TV read this post.

I checked the wesbite on Saturday afternoon and RTV showed that the game was being shown live and it had the team names and the two boxes below the clubs' badges showing buy/watch live or watch replay or whatever they show. Then popped off into town to watch with mates to then find that there was a problem with the host server appartently. Being an IT idiot i have no idea what that means. What I do know is that no-one could even access the website at all. So in the end we didn't see the game live. I emailed RTV when I got home and asked them why I had paid for a service they did not supply and what where they going to do about it. Their disgusting reply was that the game had never been planned to be shown live as there was no outside broadcast unit. This really got me going as I had already mentioned that it had been advertised on the website and they were basically calling me an idiot and, worse, a liar. I replied again to them why they were calling into question my honesty and asked for a better explanation than the one they gave me. Surprise, surprise, they have not answered yet and I am about to chase them again. If no answer, I will be canceliing my full subscription very soon.

If there was NO outside broadcast unit for the game, how were the highlights filmed from various angles??? By fckn magic?? How was the usual commentator at the game? By fckn magic??

Their service is normally good, but treat paying fans like idoits and they are on a slippery slope.

I hope one of the lying fckrs from Rangers TV read this post.

I checked the wesbite on Saturday afternoon and RTV showed that the game was being shown live and it had the team names and the two boxes below the clubs' badges showing buy/watch live or watch replay or whatever they show. Then popped off into town to watch with mates to then find that there was a problem with the host server appartently. Being an IT idiot i have no idea what that means. What I do know is that no-one could even access the website at all. So in the end we didn't see the game live. I emailed RTV when I got home and asked them why I had paid for a service they did not supply and what where they going to do about it. Their disgusting reply was that the game had never been planned to be shown live as there was no outside broadcast unit. This really got me going as I had already mentioned that it had been advertised on the website and they were basically calling me an idiot and, worse, a liar. I replied again to them why they were calling into question my honesty and asked for a better explanation than the one they gave me. Surprise, surprise, they have not answered yet and I am about to chase them again. If no answer, I will be canceliing my full subscription very soon.

If there was NO outside broadcast unit for the game, how were the highlights filmed from various angles??? By fckn magic?? How was the usual commentator at the game? By fckn magic??

Their service is normally good, but treat paying fans like idoits and they are on a slippery slope.

Oh hello!!!!!!!

It definitely doesn't show the results on the RangersTV pages, but it does on the club website obviously - so you'd need to bookmark the tv page, and not access it via Rangers.co.uk.

I went for the option where you pay a fiver every month; you don't get to see the games live but they are shown for us overseas folk a couple hours after the game has finished.

Good review mate, just thought I'd point out that we UK folk can also get the full game after midnight on the fiver a month package. (tu)

And OP - with the fiver a month package, you can always buy any individual game live for about 9 dollars / 6 quid

We get Rangers Tv, here in Ontario Canada, and the games are shown live, sometimes a bit early but that's ok. The quality over the years has really improved, but I still have issues with signing in. Sometimes I have too sign in 3 or 4 times, so I will sign in and watch the pre match stuff then when the game is about to start I have to sign in again and sometimes after half time show I have to sign in again, which is minor.But too watch the Rangers live its well worth the money cheers Colin

A good range of bears from all over signed up posting on thisthread. Uae, nz, canada, Sweden etc

We don't have many issues in dubai with the service although a few times the buffering can be annoying, but that's our download speed in the pub and it only happens now and then

We get Rangers Tv, here in Ontario Canada, and the games are shown live, sometimes a bit early but that's ok. The quality over the years has really improved, but I still have issues with signing in. Sometimes I have too sign in 3 or 4 times, so I will sign in and watch the pre match stuff then when the game is about to start I have to sign in again and sometimes after half time show I have to sign in again, which is minor.But too watch the Rangers live its well worth the money cheers Colin

Yeah the multiple log-ins annoy me to. Also don't understand why they don't show the score and time during games (although did do so last season for the few games that were broadcast live in UK!)...minor issues but seem such simple fixes!

I live in Spain so signed up for the full package, as only being an hour ahead have no issues watching all the games live. Not sure where the OP is based but if ko times are not practical then prob worth considering the reduced package that has watch-as-live delayed transmission?

I watch the games live on RTV. I signed up to the site and have been paying individually for each game rather than doing the yearly subscription.

You can order the game the day of the game or the night before.

Hello all,

I'm considering purchasing rangers tv for the coming season, any overseas bears have any experience with it? I'd probably not be able to watch the games live but am i right in thinking you can watch them anytime after the game ends on demand?

Cheers in advance.

I just purchased it this year for the first time. I live in Florida. I did the package though where I can watch the games live. I watched the game against Albion Rovers live. My only issue with it is it kept buffering every few minutes or so. Other than that its great. There are a lot of things on it that you can watch. Even if you do the fiver one, you can still watch the games but not live. So its not too bad when you are overseas anyway and on a different time zone.

I have had since the Scumbag Shyte was at the club.

Cancelled when all the so called improvements never happend.

Green came in RTV got better but still no live scoreboard or time on screen , emailed them about it next game it was back on screen.

Need to renew my pass might wait till new players can play as is poke my eyes out with games like Forfar.

where in Ontario are you?

Jonoger1984,

I highly recommend RTV.tv, clear crisp live picture.

Christchurch Ranger,

I've just had an email last night from NARSA saying that the game this week will be broadcast live.

Bluedaz,

To save your frustrations. We got an email from NARSA late last week saying that since no TV firm was picking up the game it would NOT be broadcast live. I guess what happens is that for us to see an away game, we need one of the big companies to have an outside broadcast unit at the game to feed the game back to Ibrox. We then can cut in our own audio commentary and pass on the the combined audio/visual product for live transmission feed. As far as them advertising a game and you not getting it, I believe that buried in the small print it says that we shall get all league games and cup games where available. I know it's frustrating when you see the 'Live' button and nothing happens. Remember, the wee lassies you are talking to at service can only tell you what is on their screens.

aliciaW_RFC,

I had the same buffering issues. I found that I was getting my broadband from a cable provider and what was happening was that when the cable in my area was busy with lots of other subscribers accessing it then my feed would slow a bit. They call this 'shaving the broadband'. My workaround was to get a separate graphics processor card with 1gbyte of memory and bypass the on-board graphics. It was able to accept the signal, boost it, and display it faster. I now watch it on the big screen tv.

yip i went for the standard package and because of the time zone difference (Im in New Zealand) instead of watching the game live at like 3 in the morning here, I watch it at 6 in the morning so a little bit more sleep for me lol and yip just make sure you dont see the result first!

they dont have the result on the RTV website, so you just got to put the blinkers on, log in without seeing the score anywhere and off you go (tu)