CRO roundup of the Fans Meeting

Shane

Since Charles Green was not in the room last night it would have been quite easy to whip up an anti-Charles Green sentiment from the floor (or the top table) whether it was deserved or not. I'm sure many of those in attendance were of the opinion that McCoist's time is up, yet I see no sign of him being under such scrutiny from this report. Could that be due to the fact that he WAS there and able to defend himself, were it necessary?

One last thing. On STV's six-o'clock news last night before this meeting the outside broadcast report had the STV guy waving a stack of papers claiming it was "50 questions the meeting will be answering" (he was flanked by the Blogger who claims he won't be back on RM). I'm hearing that this was not the case at all and that the Q & A was of the "open to the floor" variety??

If so, the guy from STV was either lying, or that this pre-ordained list of 50 questions was dumped at the last minute??

Does anyone know which is the case? :pipe:

Since Charles Green was not in the room last night it would have been quite easy to whip up an anti-Charles Green sentiment from the floor (or the top table) whether it was deserved or not. I'm sure many of those in attendance were of the opinion that McCoist's time is up, yet I see no sign of him being under such scrutiny from this report. Could that be due to the fact that he WAS there and able to defend himself, were it necessary?

One last thing. On STV's six-o'clock news last night before this meeting the outside broadcast report had the STV guy waving a stack of papers claiming it was "50 questions the meeting will be answering" (he was flanked by the Blogger who claims he won't be back on RM). I'm hearing that this was not the case at all and that the Q & A was of the "open to the floor" variety??

If so, the guy from STV was either lying, or that this pre-ordained list of 50 questions was dumped at the last minute??

My understanding (from people in room): Individuals had one question to ask with limited chances for followups. Believe the stack he was waving was the list of potential questions the RST had gathered on their site from fans yesterday. There were no "Q's for Q&A" cards passed about.

I wasn't there due to a family commitment but I don't think the list of questions was ever meant to be THE list of questions - merely a reflection of what could be talked about.

In that sense, I'm sure many of the 50 questions were discussed and many others would not have been on the list. That's good enough for me.

Depends how late people left it but there will defo be season ticket cash in the books. Thats the reason football clubs post the deadline prior to year end. (tu)

I know and not really arguing - but the question was cash in the bank and anything paid for on credit card towards the end of the month would not show as cash ( it will / may be listed as an asset but not as cash) - I know you know that and my only point is the £10m is highly unlikely to contain most of the season ticket cash

It sounds like the list of 50 questions was avoided in favour of a more chaotic open floor where follow up questions were virtually impossible.

I'd say it was an absolutely perfect format for Green & co not wanting to disclose too much information or give proper answers to too many tough questions.

In fact, I think considering there were apparently a couple of hundred people in the room wanting to ask questions and also the fact that there was no disclosure issues, but instead a flow of live tweets permitted to come out the room, then there's a case to say that the whole thing was a bit of a sham.

Btw, I think the list of questions could have been improved too.....

Mather dumped the 50 questions and opened it up to questions from the floor.

I wasn't there due to a family commitment but I don't think the list of questions was ever meant to be THE list of questions - merely a reflection of what could be talked about.

Sounds about right. I took the whole 50 questions thing as a set of questions you could pick from if you didn't have a question of your own to ask. Take a look down the list and maybe tick a few favourites, then ask one of them if you got the chance.

Thanks and for me it was a good article and while there is a lot of noise about the£10m that article and quote reiterates to me that this was in the bank at the year end - which means season tickets are not included.

Stockbridge also appeared to indicate that we have £10M in the bank account at present. I'm sure some ST money will be in there (along with £1.5M from Sports Direct) but he was unable to say how much.

Correct. Said he'd seen the list but wanted just to open it to everyone to ask questions.

What is exactly what should have happened.

Nothing wrong with having a formal agenda but bears are entitled to ask what they think is relevant to them.

Stockbridge also appeared to indicate that we have £10M in the bank account at present. I'm sure some ST money will be in there (along with £1.5M from Sports Direct) but he was unable to say how much.

Some season ticket money is in that but couldn't say what percentage was between ST money and IPO money as it all went into one pot.

What is exactly what should have happened.

Nothing wrong with having a formal agenda but bears are entitled to ask what they think is relevant to them.

I agree. It gave everyone a chance to ask questions as opposed to one 'group ' .

Mather dumped the 50 questions and opened it up to questions from the floor.

Probably heard my screams all the way from deepest darkest Lanarkshire as I screamed at the TV set "Whit'ra'fucks'that'aw'aboot" at the STV fanny......the one without the DayGlo fluorescent fingerless yellow gloves.

Ally , Mather and Traynor all came across quite well. Stockbridge struggled a bit ,as you would expect being in charge of the financial side of things , but he wasn't helped by having to face numerous questions all at the one time.

What does Traynor mean by Crisis PR? I dont remember any articles or statements released by him and there has hardly been anything from the club in months.

There are bloggers on here who probably work full time jobs and still manage to do research and write articles based on information Jim Traynor wouldnt even have to search for.

I know - its the one thing we REALLY wanted clarity on - but patient enough to wait for the accounts now. I read it as £10 in the bank account year end and I dont think most of the cash would be in the bank by then (I suspect most wouldbe in the Credit Card holding account) - so I am relaxed - I amy not be once I see the accounts BUT he certainly could have added some clarity.

How does a finance director not know how £10m is composed. Surely he has a balance sheet! Why would he need to hide how much of the money comes from season tickets and ipo.

I'm sure if the answer had been £10m left +ST money, he would have been delighted to tell us.

It may have been mention already but I found this part to be a bit interesting.

Stockbridge stated, "People said that we’d go bust after 3 months and we’re still here. The club is not loss-making on a month-by-month basis, but there are some months when we lose money. We wanted to maintain the infrastructure and not have to pay to build it up again when Ally gets us back to the top."

When he talks about infrastructure is he talking about the playing squad. Surely not as this team is not close to being good enough to challenge for the spl title. Does anyone have any info on this. Cheers

It may have been mention already but I found this part to be a bit interesting.

Stockbridge stated, "People said that we’d go bust after 3 months and we’re still here. The club is not loss-making on a month-by-month basis, but there are some months when we lose money. We wanted to maintain the infrastructure and not have to pay to build it up again when Ally gets us back to the top."

When he talks about infrastructure is he talking about the playing squad. Surely not as this team is not close to being good enough to challenge for the spl title. Does anyone have any info on this. Cheers

I do get sick of people saying this team is not good enough, last years team is not good enough for challenging top tier. I watched Rangers thought they did well against Newcastle and am sure they will complete against any top tier team in Scotland with a few additions when we move through the leagues. By this time we will be back paying £500 + for our ST (increased rev) and sponsors will be better, TV money will be more and we will be back playing in Europe.

I do get sick of people saying this team is not good enough, last years team is not good enough for challenging top tier. I watched Rangers thought they did well against Newcastle and am sure they will complete against any top tier team in Scotland with a few additions when we move through the leagues. By this time we will be back paying £500 + for our ST (increased rev) and sponsors will be better, TV money will be more and we will be back playing in Europe.

I would disagree. There isnt many of our players I would like seeing playing for us in 3-5years time. I think that even when we are back in the SPL with more TV and ST money that we will struggle to attract better player.

We struggled to do that in the recent past before all this trouble and i think it will be difficult in the future, even with our low levels or debt

I would disagree. There isnt many of our players I would like seeing playing for us in 3-5years time. I think that even when we are back in the SPL with more TV and ST money that we will struggle to attract that much better standard of player.

We struggled to do that in the recent past before all this trouble and i think it will be difficult in the future, even with our low levels or debt.

Only way I can see us getting back to a spl winning team is with a high level of investment when we get there. IMO talking £10-£20million. And I dont know where that can come from