Teetotal players and their careers

It seems that most of the teetotal players have made a great contribution to the game. Is there a connection? I'm thinking of Davie Wilson, Kenny Dalglish, Owen Coyle, Danny McGrain and now Gareth Bayle. Recall meeting Davie Wilson out Cambuslang way many years ago and a finer man you'll never meet.

There has been some players in the past who liked a drink and went on to become the best but I don't think you could get away with it nowdays, players like Best, Gazza and Maradona were were different class from the rest you could say they were not normal as they became so good.

I've never agreed that Best or Gazza were truly great players. Did their careers last as long as they could have barring injury? Did they make the most of their talents or were their best days over by their late 20's? Did they end up pinching a living at the game? For that matter, Jim Baxter was pulling pints behind the bar when we won the ECWC in 1972 at the age of 30. Silky talents are delicate and fragile and should be nursed; woe to him/her that forgets this one.

It seems that most of the teetotal players have made a great contribution to the game. Is there a connection? I'm thinking of Davie Wilson, Kenny Dalglish, Owen Coyle, Danny McGrain and now Gareth Bayle. Recall meeting Davie Wilson out Cambuslang way many years ago and a finer man you'll never meet.

Maradona, Gazza, Best & Super disagree.

LOL @ ya Owen Coyle ffs!!! Wind up merchant.