*****Official Stranraer 0 v 3 Rangers Match Thread*****

1st_Jan_1994

Fuckin Hell, having the game wrapped up by half time isn't enough for some people, they want to destroy and humiliate teams.

You really need to get some perspective on what this board is supposed to be about.....I know at times it gets sidetracked with all the off-field stuff and nonsense from some but it is a Rangers fan forum therefore allowing fans to discuss the game and give their opinions on it and what they feel we should be doing differently which we can discuss.....Just blindly thinking everything is fine gets us nowhere on here....Did you enjoy the second half performance? Is there nothing you would have changed in the second half? Is DJ being negative aswell because he said the exact same thing as many have on here that you are having a go at....Today was not a particularly good performance....we played well in patches but we were clinical in the first half which was good, the way you are going on you'd think you had just watched a different game!

I'm hardly saying anything outrageous. There is absolutely no need to go out and batter teams when the job is already done.

There is out goal difference although we will win the league by miles anyway but Rangers should aim to break records that's what we do, I'd love to see us break the 3rd tier goal scored record and that means pushing ourselves to score as many as possible, records like that don't win trophies but they do show what Rangers are all about and I think its important to make our mark if we can.

I'm hardly saying anything outrageous. There is absolutely no need to go out and batter teams when the job is already done.

There's many more factors to consider aswell.

We were getting kicked up and down the park for the majority of the second half. Players are hardly going to be busting a gut or going into 50/50's.

Fact is we did the job in the first half. Yes, we'd all like to have carried on and got a few more but the players are human (I'm sure I checked ;) ) and when the job is done you aren't inclined to push yourself.

TBH, you and them are goading eachother right now. We won, 3-0, go get a drink and enjoy your Saturday night boys.

You really need to get some perspective on what this board is supposed to be about.....I know at times it gets sidetracked with all the off-field stuff and nonsense from some but it is a Rangers fan forum therefore allowing fans to discuss the game and give their opinions on it and what they feel we should be doing differently which we can discuss.....Just blindly thinking everything is fine gets us nowhere on here....Did you enjoy the second half performance? Is there nothing you would have changed in the second half? Is DJ being negative aswell because he said the exact same thing as many have on here that you are having a go at....Today was not a particularly good performance....we played well in patches but we were clinical in the first half which was good, the way you are going on you'd think you had just watched a different game!

By "patches" do you mean, we played well in the first half but not the second?

There are obvious reasons for the differnece in each half. We can't be perfect all the time every game. No team is anywhere, ever.

At long last! I've been here for 6 years and someone has finally told me what this board is about. Thank you, I could probably have done with some illustrations to make your patronising tone more understandable as, you know, people like me who blindly believe everything is hunky dory are a bit on the slow side.

I didn't enjoy the 2nd half performance, no. We were 3-0 up so taking the foot off the gas is understandable.

....and yes, DJ is being negative judging by your summary there (I didn't hear him, thankfully).

There's many more factors to consider aswell.

We were getting kicked up and down the park for the majority of the second half. Players are hardly going to be busting a gut or going into 50/50's.

Fact is we did the job in the first half. Yes, we'd all like to have carried on and got a few more but the players are human (I'm sure I checked ;) ) and when the job is done you aren't inclined to push yourself.

TBH, you and them are goading eachother right now. We won, 3-0, go get a drink and enjoy your Saturday night boys.

I'm not goading TWB I'm just explain why I'd like to see us score as many as possible. My sat nights going to be bed, I was on night shift last night so a cup of Horlicks is the strongest stuff I'll be drinking tonight :)

At long last! I've been here for 6 years and someone has finally told me what this board is about. Thank you, I could probably have done with some illustrations to make your patronising tone more understandable as, you know, people like me who blindly believe everything is hunky dory are a bit on the slow side.

I didn't enjoy the 2nd half performance, no. We were 3-0 up so taking the foot off the gas is understandable.

....and yes, DJ is being negative judging by your summary there (I didn't hear him, thankfully).

The thing is that no-one, or hardly anyone is being negative, just saying it as a small complaint.

I'm not goading TWB I'm just explain why I'd like to see us score as many as possible. My sat nights going to be bed, I was on night shift last night so a cup of Horlicks is the strongest stuff I'll be drinking tonight :)

No!! No, no no...NO!!

Get yourself a beer now. :cheers:

By "patches" do you mean, we played well in the first half but not the second?

There are obvious reasons for the differnece in each half. We can't be perfect all the time every game. No team is anywhere, ever.

No I mean in patches throughout.....In the 1st half we were poor in possession and didnt create to many chances in comparison to last week but we were clinical with the chances we did create....we had a few decent spells but we couldnt get Wallace into the game for the first 30 mins and law wasnt able to be as prominent as previous games.....In the second half we started reasonably well but the tempo faded as the half wore on. Yes they started getting frustrated and fouling our players but we be able to use that to our advantage and I personally would have used the opportunity to gives some of the younger players some game time....

Always good to win but lets not get carried away.......

No I mean in patches throughout.....In the 1st half we were poor in possession and didnt create to many chances in comparison to last week but we were clinical with the chances we did create....we had a few decent spells but we couldnt get Wallace into the game for the first 30 mins and law wasnt able to be as prominent as previous games.....In the second half we started reasonably well but the tempo faded as the half wore on. Yes they started getting frustrated and fouling our players but we be able to use that to our advantage and I personally would have used the opportunity to gives some of the younger players some game time....

Always good to win but lets not get carried away.......

Have half of ES's drink, you need it...

So to be clear you arent happy with the second half performance yet are on here criticizing those who weren't happy with the second half performance? <cr>