Compare and contrast with Ian Black

Senna

In this programme, Murdo MacLeod admits that practically the entire 1991 Hibs team had kicked in to put a bet on that they'd win the League Cup.

I know they're betting on themselves to win, but even still. Where's the furore over this?

Double standards.

Because that was over 20 years ago, and surprisingly enough..things change. Players throughout Britain are getting in trouble for this. I hate to break it to you, but everytime something happens to our club (or one of our players) it isn't actually always a conspiracy or double standards.

Because that was over 20 years ago, and surprisingly enough..things change. Players throughout Britain are getting in trouble for this. I hate to break it to you, but everytime something happens to our club (or one of our players) it isn't actually always a conspiracy or double standards.

Black deserves to get pulled up sharply if he has been backing games he was involved in. But if they're going to go back seven years on this case, is that the cut off? Where do they stop? The whole thing is completely stupid, and as has been said, is opening up a can of worms that the SFA can't possibly hope to implement evenly.

Big difference between betting on your team to win and betting on your team to get beat.

If he's ever bet on rangers to get beat while he was playing for us he should never play for the club again.

Can't disagree.

Big difference between betting on your team to win and betting on your team to get beat.

If he's ever bet on rangers to get beat while he was playing for us he should never play for the club again.

Goes without saying. Innocent til proven guilty, but it doesn't look good for Black.

Black deserves to get pulled up sharply if he has been backing games he was involved in. But if they're going to go back seven years on this case, is that the cut off? Where do they stop? The whole thing is completely stupid, and as has been said, is opening up a can of worms that the SFA can't possibly hope to implement evenly.

I totally agree with that and let's be honest...a lot of the players have a punt regularly. I just hate the whole "Something has happened to Rangers, therefore it's automatically someone out to get us". Bringing up a story from a time where there wasn't internet and online gambling is absurd.

I totally agree with that and let's be honest...a lot of the players have a punt regularly. I just hate the whole "Something has happened to Rangers, therefore it's automatically someone out to get us". Bringing up a story from a time where there wasn't internet and online gambling is absurd.

I never at any point said it was 'someone out to get us', I was just trying to highlight the double standards involved. how the bet is placed isn't really the point though, is it?

In this programme, Murdo MacLeod admits that practically the entire 1991 Hibs team had kicked in to put a bet on that they'd win the League Cup.

I know they're betting on themselves to win, but even still. Where's the furore over this?

Double standards.

Here's our legendary captain George Young admitting to betting on a Scotland vs England match in 1949. Where's the furore over this?

I never at any point said it was 'someone out to get us', I was just trying to highlight the double standards involved. how the bet is placed isn't really the point though, is it?

It doesn't really. However, it does point to a massive shift in the market and betting being far more readily (and somewhat anonymously) available to players. You're highlighting double standards in an area where the entire market has shifted in 20 years. Using a 20 year old example to satisfy an agenda that doesn't really fit is what I personally view as absurd.

It doesn't really. However, it does point to a massive shift in the market and betting being far more readily (and somewhat anonymously) available to players. You're highlighting double standards in an area where the entire market has shifted in 20 years. Using a 20 year old example to satisfy an agenda that doesn't really fit is what I personally view as absurd.

Your claim that I have an agenda is more absurd.